Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus

JayC

On 7/22/2021 at 9:33 PM, Air-Walker said:

You may hear a sound in the distance.....it's the sound of me deflating into an empty pile of skin in a pitiful "SQUEEEEeeeeee......"

Good grief! Yeah, I checked now, you're right, about 500 dollars just with the exchange, then the shipping and yes, naturally, the gov't must have their "told you know not to shop in the US" tax. Yeah, that'll easily come close to 700$. I guess I'll just have to take my chances on ebay if for Nova and whatever other Heralds they make. What a Croc this Haslab is! Behhh! 

Yeah it's a lofty purchase, and even more so it you only desire the additional figures, it's actually really sad that we don;t have a Hasbro Pulse Canada by now, how hard is it , it's not like there isn't a Hasbro office here in Canada, it sucks we just get lumped into the US, and they think we as Canadians are happy for that, like yeah we cans till get the figures but for exchange and 20 in shipping, thats not fair. but we can also pay the service fee of 50 bucks to be a member but you don't actually want to support us in Canada, thanks Has-BRO'z

On 7/22/2021 at 10:04 PM, RyanDaly said:

Also, has it ever been said, directly or implied, that the stretch goal figures that came with the HasLab Sentinel and Galactus will only ever be exclusive to the pack? Is there any reason to believe the 6" Sentinels won't show up as Pulse army builders a year after the HasLab Sentinels ship?

Well they are part of a crowdfunding project for something that will never be rereleased and are designed to entice people to back the product. If they did, it could annoy people who have backed it as they would assume that they had one-off figures. Also if they started for example releasing Bastion as a single figure (which I would love), then people would assume the likes of Nova and Female Sentinel and all the other reward characters will be released and then the incentive of these rewards is gone.

On 7/23/2021 at 3:09 AM, leokearon said:

I wouldn't hold my breath. I've seen rewards not been made because targets haven't been reached.

I mean that's kinda the whole point.  The rewards get made if the goal gets reached.  If they constantly gave folks the rewards anyway, then there'd be no point in making them rewards.

It also likely ties in with the reason Hasbro hasn't revealed (though I guess now they've all-but-revealed) the tier goals:  So that if they're not met they don't have people complaining about not getting stuff they didn't meet the goals for.  Basically a "You'll never know what you were missing" kind of thing.

I would also note I'm pretty sure Hasbro said the figures that come with the Star Wars Razor Crest will be available separately later, albeit possibly with some deco/accessory changes.  Pretty sure that the figures that are truly "HasLab Exclusive" are marked as such (I believe the Sail Barge Yak Face and Razor Crest Offworld Jawa fall into that category).  Basically there is a precedent for Hasbro offering the figures separately.  I'm gonna be hella surprised if we don't get a Prime Sentinel troop builder (or two-pack) on Pulse after the Sentinels have reached their destinations.  Bastion I could see getting a release with a "first appearance" head and deco.

On 7/22/2021 at 10:37 PM, Gigantor said:

The extra tiers have to be additional Heralds. If I was backing this, that's what I would want, not energy fields or blast FX.

But this is the only time Hasbro will be able to release a special effect or artifact related to Galactus. The herald figures can be released single-carded or in box sets whenever the hell Hasbro wants. 

Those of you asking (more like demanding) more and more heralds sound like you want a hundred dollars worth of free toys to justify backing this project.

On 7/23/2021 at 2:18 AM, leokearon said:

Also if they started for example releasing Bastion as a single figure (which I would love), then people would assume the likes of Nova and Female Sentinel and all the other reward characters will be released and then the incentive of these rewards is gone.

That's the mentality about this project that I just don't understand from this group. The bonus/rewards shouldn't be the incentive to drop a lot of $ on the project; the project itself should justify the cost. The company offers the stretch goals as a gratuity once the project is fully funded (that's why Dan said they won't even reveal the first one officially until they get 14,000). They are rewards for the sales team making their quota given back to the customer. But it seems most of the people on this thread see the rewards as bartering chips, like Hasbro has to sweeten the pot before they'll commit to funding the project. To me that smacks of fan entitlement. 

I think people were just spoilt by the sentinel project. Hasbro never thought it was be that successful. Hell the project before hand they practically begged for people to back them. They didn't even think they would need another tier. Yet they had to scrabble to make another tier just to make up for the amount they shot by.

Basically it's like @RyanDaly said. This is not about the tiers. It about galactus. The tier are just bonuses. If we don't get them fine but at least we get the figure we should be buying, not the extras.

On 7/23/2021 at 8:47 AM, RyanDaly said:

They are rewards for the sales team making their quota given back to the customer. But it seems most of the people on this thread see the rewards as bartering chips, like Hasbro has to sweeten the pot before they'll commit to funding the project. To me that smacks of fan entitlement. 

Could not have said it better myself.

On 7/23/2021 at 4:47 PM, RyanDaly said:

That's the mentality about this project that I just don't understand from this group. The bonus/rewards shouldn't be the incentive to drop a lot of $ on the project; the project itself should justify the cost. The company offers the stretch goals as a gratuity once the project is fully funded (that's why Dan said they won't even reveal the first one officially until they get 14,000). They are rewards for the sales team making their quota given back to the customer. But it seems most of the people on this thread see the rewards as bartering chips, like Hasbro has to sweeten the pot before they'll commit to funding the project. To me that smacks of fan entitlement. 

Yeah, I got that feeling as well, that a figure that cost $400 needs one or two $20-$23 figures to be a worthwhile investment. Shouldn't the basis of your decision be based on the Big G not the possible rewards?

On 7/23/2021 at 10:47 AM, RyanDaly said:

But it seems most of the people on this thread see the rewards as bartering chips, like Hasbro has to sweeten the pot before they'll commit to funding the project. To me that smacks of fan entitlement. 

You've never watched public television have you? This is like those canvas bags or tin water-bottles they give out when you pledge during one of their telethons, or when banks used to give out cheap toasters for opening an account.

It's the psychology of commerce, people are more likely to buy something if they think they get some kind of reward out of it, no matter how ridiculous it may be. There's no rhyme, reason, or logic to it.

On 7/23/2021 at 11:03 AM, mako said:

You've never watched public television have you? This is like those canvas bags or tin water-bottles they give out when you pledge during one of their telethons, or when banks used to give out cheap toasters for opening an account.

It's the psychology of commerce, people are more likely to buy something if they think they get some kind of reward out of it, no matter how ridiculous it may be. There's no rhyme, reason, or logic to it.

That's a horrible analogy.  The price of the figure is $399.  For Galactus.  End of story.  It's not "If you back this, we'll give you more!"  The 'fan entitlement' he's talking about is dead-on; it's something like "We're owed more".  Except they're not, they either buy it for what's promised or they don't.  

Additionally, this sort of behavior us just toxic in general.  Not only because it falsely builds expectations but because it influences the purchase decisions of other people who are perfectly ok with the product as is.  Add to that the fact that you have dozens of posters on here chiming in about what the bonus figures/features should be, most of which admittedly aren't going to buy the thing anyway.  "It'd be worth it if they added Nova!"  "It should be $50 cheaper!"  "If it's Surfer, it's a rip-off!"  Ok, but would you buy it if any of these things were true?  No.  So just be quiet and move on.  Opinions are moot here if they have no true relevance when it comes to making the purchase.  It's effectively pointless whining.  

In short, the "reward" is the item you buy.  Most people don't buy things in general because they're expecting some sort of mystery gift bag that comes with.  

On 7/23/2021 at 1:47 PM, Virtualzach said:

That's a horrible analogy.  The price of the figure is $399.  For Galactus.  End of story.  It's not "If you back this, we'll give you more!"  The 'fan entitlement' he's talking about is dead-on; it's something like "We're owed more".  Except they're not, they either buy it for what's promised or they don't.  

Additionally, this sort of behavior us just toxic in general.  Not only because it falsely builds expectations but because it influences the purchase decisions of other people who are perfectly ok with the product as is.  Add to that the fact that you have dozens of posters on here chiming in about what the bonus figures/features should be, most of which admittedly aren't going to buy the thing anyway.  "It'd be worth it if they added Nova!"  "It should be $50 cheaper!"  "If it's Surfer, it's a rip-off!"  Ok, but would you buy it if any of these things were true?  No.  So just be quiet and move on.  Opinions are moot here if they have no true relevance when it comes to making the purchase.  It's effectively pointless whining.  

In short, the "reward" is the item you buy.  Most people don't buy things in general because they're expecting some sort of mystery gift bag that comes with.  

Other people’s opinions are just as relevant and valid as yours. Value has always been and continues to be relative to the consumer. Some might pay $1000 usd for this , some might not pay $100 usd. Each person can decide for themselves if it is worth the price the producer is asking. That is how capitalism works. If you are so disgusted by others opinions I suggest you DO NOT READ THEM. 

I still can’t believe they’re even offering Galactus in this size so I’m stoked to (hopefully) be getting him. Naturally curious to see the tier unlocks but not sweating over them. Although I would REALLY like if they made a tier for another head and chest plate to create a classic Galactus because if he is never gonna happen again then the more versions of him in one, the better👍
image.thumb.jpeg.4bcbde32a9b922dc62262dac72ddd3f7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bb732c101572e6e8a3218faf2d8776bb.jpeg

I think the tier extras are really cool, but they had zero impact on why I chose to purchase a Sentinel, and now Galactus. I get why some people factor that into their decision (given that additional 6 inch figures are roughly 20 - 25 in value), but I would be hard pressed to believe it is a big enough motivation to make the purchase unless there were a bunch of them (like say 5 Heralds). 

Well now sometimes it's going to be those stretch goal rewards that make the difference in someone choosing to back or not.  I think that's okay.  I wasn't going to back the Sentinel until they showed that Master Mold head.  I'm going to back Galactus either way, but I can understand if someone said they were still in wait-and-see mode for now.

Everybody wants good bang for their buck and they'll all have different tipping points when making their decision.

On 7/23/2021 at 3:52 PM, MonsterChris said:

Well now sometimes it's going to be those stretch goal rewards that make the difference in someone choosing to back or not.  I think that's okay.  I wasn't going to back the Sentinel until they showed that Master Mold head.  I'm going to back Galactus either way, but I can understand if someone said they were still in wait-and-see mode for now.

Everybody wants good bang for their buck and they'll all have different tipping points when making their decision.

Exactly. We as consumers sometimes get lost in our purchasing decisions when the price gets larger (i.e., $350, $400, what’s the difference? I want it). But there is nothing wrong with someone valuing Galactus at $300-$350, and if adding a couple figures gets them to justify $400, then we should all be grateful as that brings it one step closer to meeting the goal to get backed.

Also, let’s not kid ourselves. As the backer count goes up, the price per figure goes down due to fixed costs. Hasbro is not losing their requisite margin by adding a couple six inch Heralds. Could they widen their margin by not offering an incentive? Sure, but at the risk of pissing off their consumers, which they aren’t going to do. 

At first I was more excited about Bastion than the Sentinel itself (coz im still happy with my Toy Biz), then the Female Prime Sentinel was meh, but goes well with Bastion, the damaged head is meh (maybe as diorama) but I got convinced only after the Mastermold head. The Tri-Sentinel was meh coz is totally inaccurate. So, the extras are really important for a consumer (only an idiot buy without compare doesnt matter if have the money or not)

On 7/23/2021 at 1:47 PM, Virtualzach said:

With that mindset, then maybe Hasbro shoulda flat out said, " We're Making Galactus for $400, take it or leave it". Not hint that there would be "extras" once it hit 14000. Once they let that cat outta the bag, they shafted themselves.   

I'm still on the fence. Im waiting to see what the add-ons will be before I make my final decision. I won't say I won't get it if the add-ons dont impress me but if they do it will def make my decision to plop down $400 for an action figure easier.