Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus

JayC

Sorry but I think it would be funny as hell if this doesn't even make it to being backed...As overpriced as this is and Hasbro thinking that can jump the numbers up like this and then showing the 1st figure like see look, when it's hasn't even reached the number needed to get backed... maybe they should think about some kind of payment plan, maybe that would get more backers that way it's not such a big hit to the bank accounts at one time but 2 or 3 over a few months time.... Don't get me wrong it  is a cool figure and I could back this, but I just don't see how this cost this much... So what will happen if this doesn't make it to getting enough backers...

Doesn’t seem that overpriced considering the sentinel was $350 and the cost of everything is significantly higher than it was a year ago, plus this is bigger than the sentinel was. I mean it’s more than I’m willing to spend but it’s hard to see one can think the sentinel price is reasonable yet this one is not. 

The price of base figures went from $20 to $23 (15% increase).. if you increase $350 by 15%, guess what price you arrive at?

showing nova makes sense to motivate some of those on the fence to take the plunge.  I still think they make it to 14,000 but not sure if they’ll get to 16,000 etc

On 8/3/2021 at 5:15 AM, Typhis said:

Sorry but I think it would be funny as hell if this doesn't even make it to being backed...As overpriced as this is and Hasbro thinking that can jump the numbers up like this and then showing the 1st figure like see look, when it's hasn't even reached the number needed to get backed... maybe they should think about some kind of payment plan, maybe that would get more backers that way it's not such a big hit to the bank accounts at one time but 2 or 3 over a few months time.... Don't get me wrong it  is a cool figure and I could back this, but I just don't see how this cost this much... So what will happen if this doesn't make it to getting enough backers...

I also think its overpriced, and felt ( and still do) that the Sentinel was also overpriced. I doubt, however, that it won't make their first target but even it they don't, are they gonna admit that 😆.

As far as the "unlock" tier goal goes, even if they don't meet it they're still gonna find a way to release Nova, and most likely in some way that they can justify a higher than normal price. Maybe in some deluxe or two-pack thing, who knows.

Not that anyone cares but I just want to make it clear: while I don't think Galactus is worth that price, that doesn't mean I think the figure is worthless. It's a beautiful piece of quality craftmanship, those additional faces are insane, it has frickin' LIGHTS, its one of the most coveted characters out there. Kudos to the guys who put this together and congrats on those who pledged.

Still hard to take the plunge, great figure, and Galactus is just as awesome as he was when revealed.  But the idea of needing almost 6,000 additional backers in under a month is a lofty goal, and that's just to get Galactus out the door and get one additional figure with him.  

Oh man, she looks amazing!!.... Just not $500+ amazing. And 16,000 to get her unlocked, eh? Hmmmm....

Well, Cookie Monster was one thing, but this is Galactus, and hence Marvel/Disney and therefore probably 'too big to fail.' Funding for Unicron was stumbling along too if memory serves, and yet somehow magically got all it's numbers at the 11th hour, and after an extension that had itself still been scraping along. So yeah, despite what we're seeing so far, I think it could be the same case for Big G. He'll likely still get funded. For my part, yeah, not interested. 

On 8/3/2021 at 4:47 PM, Air-Walker said:

Oh man, she looks amazing!!.... Just not $500+ amazing. And 16,000 to get her unlocked, eh? Hmmmm....

Well, Cookie Monster was one thing, but this is Galactus, and hence Marvel/Disney and therefore probably 'too big to fail.' Funding for Unicron was stumbling along too if memory serves, and yet somehow magically got all it's numbers at the 11th hour, and after an extension that had itself still been scraping along. So yeah, despite what we're seeing so far, I think it could be the same case for Big G. He'll likely still get funded. For my part, yeah, not interested. 

Yeah Unicron need a deadline extension. It went from Aug 31 to Oct 9 due to Fan pressure of the high price and deadline being unrealistic. Of course the deadline extension was only announced 2 days before it was supposed to end with over 2500 backers still needed. They could extend Galactus, but only if there is a lot of demand

I have a hard time believing Hasbro would reveal something they don't intend to include, because if they couldn't get enough interest or sales, that's just an embarrassment on their part and makes them look bad at their jobs. More likely, they cook the books to make it look like they crossed the backer threshold, or they say, "We're throwing in Frankie Raye just because we love our fans so much!" and it'll be viewed as a gift. 

Either way, they can't be happy with the snail's pace at which this thing is moving, not after seeing how rapidly the Sentinel and the Razor Crest vaulted over their goals last year. Dan tweeted just last week that they would not even reveal the stretch goals until after they hit 14,000, and then a few days later they reverse that decision. They're concerned. 

On 8/3/2021 at 5:31 PM, RyanDaly said:

I have a hard time believing Hasbro would reveal something they don't intend to include, because if they couldn't get enough interest or sales, that's just an embarrassment on their part and makes them look bad at their jobs. More likely, they cook the books to make it look like they crossed the backer threshold, or they say, "We're throwing in Frankie Raye just because we love our fans so much!" and it'll be viewed as a gift. 

Either way, they can't be happy with the snail's pace at which this thing is moving, not after seeing how rapidly the Sentinel and the Razor Crest vaulted over their goals last year. Dan tweeted just last week that they would not even reveal the stretch goals until after they hit 14,000, and then a few days later they reverse that decision. They're concerned. 

As I have said before, other companies including Habsro's Partner Takara have shown rewards which didn't get made, so I don't see this being any different. After all Nova is just a Digital Render, so chances are no figure has actually been made, so the only thing they loose is the time and money for designing the figure. Also people seem to forget that not all HasLabs have been successful; and it clearlt hasn't dramatically affected their rep.

Frankie Raye, love it! She looks great if that is what the end product would look like. I also don't dig the big holes where her arms connect to her shoulders, hope that changes. Lower body looks thicker, fairly sturdy, hopefully it can support the weight of her flaming hair. Hope we make the threshold.

Prediction:  It'll probably barely make it to 14k and Nova will be included anyway.  Even if the have to extend the deadline.  Statistically, they're on par to hit just over  14,300 if the purchasing trend continues.  I can't see them scrapping the whole project because it either needed an extra week or was only slightly short of their goal.  It was a ridiculously high goal to begin with.  They know it.  We know it.  Get the backpeddling out of the way.  And be more reasonable with projections going forward because, hey, we're still mid-recession/pandemic guys...

Hasbro just got greedy. No way this makes 16000 backers unless BBTS buys up a few thousand themselves. An Amazon boxset of Heralds is what Hasbro should do & priced Big G at $350 by himself with a few alternate faces & a cosmic power effect. A new slightly larger buck with butterfly wing articulation needs to be made for characters that are in the 6'3-6'4 range but not super buff. The Sunfire buck was a terrible choice for the Surfer who's 6'4. No way should he be standing at the same size as Spiderman who's 5'10 & Reed is 6ft or 6'1. The Thing was over scaled & looks Hulk sized next to the other FF members as well. Ben's only 6ft tall be it in human form or in his Thing form. Hasbro gave us the Silver Shrimper. 

UVrXyN2.jpgmmCfxU7.jpgqnuvJuy.jpgUwJub7m.jpgXW1vSwu.jpg

Back when Marvel actually gave a damn about drawing the characters in their proper hgts & not taking artistic license.

IpAyJfr.jpg