Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus

JayC

On 8/4/2021 at 8:53 AM, Gigantor said:

Hasbro just got greedy. No way this makes 16000 backers unless BBTS buys up a few thousand themselves. An Amazon boxset of Heralds is what Hasbro should do & priced Big G at $350 by himself with a few alternate faces & a cosmic power effect. A new slightly larger buck with butterfly wing articulation needs to be made for characters that are in the 6'3-6'4 range but not super buff. The Sunfire buck was a terrible choice for the Surfer who's 6'4. No way should he be standing at the same size as Spiderman who's 5'10 & Reed is 6ft or 6'1. The Thing was over scaled & looks Hulk sized next to the other FF members as well. Ben's only 6ft tall be it in human form or in his Thing form. Hasbro gave us the Silver Shrimper. 

UVrXyN2.jpgmmCfxU7.jpgqnuvJuy.jpgUwJub7m.jpgXW1vSwu.jpg

Back when Marvel actually gave a damn about drawing the characters in their proper hgts & not taking artistic license.

IpAyJfr.jpg

Oh great...another one of those "this figure should be a millimeter taller" people...

On 8/3/2021 at 3:12 PM, Jormungand said:

Frankie Raye, love it! She looks great if that is what the end product would look like. I also don't dig the big holes where her arms connect to her shoulders, hope that changes. Lower body looks thicker, fairly sturdy, hopefully it can support the weight of her flaming hair. Hope we make the threshold.

Threshold or not, they're gonna make her. Only question is, will she be released at a later date for the fans that aren't buying Galactus, when/if that happens, and will she have the same paint as this proposed one or some cheaper variant?

On 8/5/2021 at 12:36 PM, Air-Walker said:

I'm sending you the biggest most loving Bro-Fist for this idea! 👊

It's a no brainer that would sell like hotcakes. A 6 pack consisting of:

Silver Surfer on a new & taller buck w/butterfly articulation.

Air-Walker- classic version

Firelord- classic version

Nova-version just shown

Terrax- classic version on newer & slightly smaller buck

Morg- classic version

On 8/6/2021 at 1:01 AM, Gigantor said:

Nova-version just shown

Morg- classic version

Personally I would go with Plasma over Morg (just because of Heroes Reborn), but I would easily buy that set.

On 8/5/2021 at 8:01 PM, Gigantor said:

Nova-version just shown

Morg- classic version

Man, that would be insane!!!!! Nearly all my Dream Cosmic figures in one sitting! If Hasbro had the cajones to do that, and do it well (which for me means stern and neutral faces [though Morg could get away with a snarl] and multiple hands)....they could literally do no wrong for the rest of my time on this planet. 

On 8/7/2021 at 6:55 PM, Air-Walker said:

Yeah...I feel you. There's something about this unlockable that just isn't sitting right with me this time around. They really should give her a separate release when all is said and done on this.

Most likely, the way the Haslab team is thinking, having these figures exclusive to this project is the way to get it funded. If they offer the same herald (or at least the same exact version) to everyone, then where's the incentive to participate in this over priced product? 

On the other hand, even if they meet the first goal I think its almost certain they won't meet the second without some creative funding wordplay. They'll likely offer Nova sometime down the road, maybe in some different version or in some 2-3 pack format.

This week the Hasbro Marvel Legends brand team has begun doing interviews with their normal group of influencers in order to try and drum up support and build hype for the Haslab crowdsourcing Galactus figure project that has seemingly stalled out a bit since it launched back on July 16. The project requires a minimum of 14k backers by August 30. A hefty goal considering the 32" tall figure has a price tag of $399.99. With just under 2 weeks to go the project has 11,878 backers. Last Monday morning before Hasbro's most recent live-stream it broke 11k, but in over a week has yet to hit 12k. Still if you are hoping this goes forward I wouldn't panic to much at this point. These types of things often get significant boosts in backers going into the final days which I would also expect to see with Galactus.

While the backing of Galactus himself seems more likely than not in my opinion, the slow pace this project has been moving does make the likely hood many if any of the additional unlockable tiers getting added will happen.

Hasbro recently announced if the project were to surpass 16k backers they would throw in a 6" Marvel Legends Frankie Raye Nova figure with fire base. They've also teased some kind of Silver Surfer figure as another unlockable item. Surprisingly neither thing has moved the backer count up a significant amount.

At the time I report this, I have only seen a couple of these Hasbro interviews go live and only one had a possible tid-bit of info I thought was worth bringing to your attention. I will compile them all together here for you once they have al gone live so you dont have to go searching for them, but the interview I wanted to highlight today comes from Boog_ACBA.

In the interview Hasbro gives their reasons for why Galactus costs more than last years Sentinel and why the backer count is so much higher. Long answer short they blame rising costs in plastics and shipping primarily due to the pandemic, which to be fair I would say has some validity to it.

That however isn't the part I really found that interesting and for those who think it's to expensive, I doubt they care much why it's so expensive. No the part I found interesting is where they give a possible clue to one of the potential unlockable items they had planned for this one.

In the interview they talk about how when the project was first announced they teased a troop builder aspect that one of the unlockable tiers might add to the figure. They still wouldn't go into specifics but Dwight Stall mentioned how a giant body like Galactus could be used for other things such as Celestials. He then went on to say they have one option that would allow folks to get more use out of the Galactus body.

This leads me to believe perhaps one of the unlockable items is an alternate Celestial head and/or other parts that you could swap out to make a Celestial figure of some kind from Galactus. If so the most likely choice would be the Celestial known as Ziran who has similar colors and design to Galactus. I have created some mock up images of how this might look.

Like we saw last year with the Master Mold head for the Sentinel, I doubt it would give us a 100% accurate representation of the character, but I could see it being close.

Now granted since the the chances the project will reach the backer count needed to unlock something like this are not looking great, I get its probably a moot point anyway. Still I am curious to know what they had planned and honestly if they were smart would just go on an tell us what all the goals are. It may not make much of a difference either way, but it certainly couldn't hurt to show us at this point.

Galactus-Ziran.jpg

Ziran-Eternals-01.jpg

On 8/17/2021 at 7:01 AM, JayC said:

This leads me to believe perhaps one of the unlockable items is an alternate Celestial head and/or other parts that you could swap out to make a Celestial figure of some kind from Galactus. If so the most likely choice would be the Celestial known as Ziran who has similar colors and design to Galactus. I have created some mock up images of how this might look.

Galactus-Ziran.jpg

Ziran-Eternals-01.jpg

If this were the case, I wonder if you could remove Galactus' skirt and part of his chest armor/shirt and place a new piece over top of that to go with the Celestial head to further differentiate the two figures.

On 8/17/2021 at 7:00 AM, RyanDaly said:

If this were the case, I wonder if you could remove Galactus' skirt and part of his chest armor/shirt and place a new piece over top of that to go with the Celestial head to further differentiate the two figures.

That's where I'm at. If they include some more removable or extra installable parts that could be something to talk about, but if it's just a straight head swap using the exact same parts and deco, it's a definite non-buzz for me and I expect many other fans. Barbie in a different hat, basically.