Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus

JayC

On 8/24/2021 at 8:13 PM, Virtualzach said:

I remember buying that as a kid for like $30?  I'm not sure how improved a version they could make Rancor for a Haslab project.  

I wouldn't mind seeing a full-sized Millennium Falcon remake though.

The Rancor is going to be a 6” scale one for Black series not 3 3/4” like the previous ones

On 8/24/2021 at 8:59 PM, DenXMedia said:

Another 184 backers have shown up since 9AM. That's an average of over 20/hour. Nova is happening. The real question right now should be "Will we unlock the Surfer, and the third unlock by 9PM on Monday?" That's all gonna depend on what gets revealed Thursday.

Galactus will be fully funded by tomorrow I would say. Whether the momentum holds and there that many people left waiting to back it remains to be seen. Nova seems like a good possibility silver surfer IMO not so much

On 8/23/2021 at 9:27 PM, Benn said:

I wish people would stop spreading this rumour. The sentinel always had an estimated shipping date of “fall 2021”. Late September is literally the earliest they could have shipped it within the confines of their initial prediction. It’s almost coming early. People wanted it to be earlier, but Hasbro never claimed it would be.

Ok fine, so its fall of this year, I could have sworn they mentioned summer of this year ORGINALLY. Then again. I don't care because I didn't back it. I am backing Galactus and for sure he will ship say time as sentinel will this year, fall of 2022. 

In the last 24 hours Hasbro's Haslab Marvel Legends Galactus campaign has seen a sizeable boost in backers as the project enters its final week. As I report this the campaign has a total of 14,818 Backers which means Galactus himself is now FULLY FUNDED.

The first and only stretch goal that has been officially announced for the project at this time which is the 6" Marvel Legends Frankie Raye Nova figure needs a total of 16k backers. If the campaign continues to maintain the current level of new backers it has experienced in the last 24hrs, then it should easily reach that before the August 30th cutoff date. Hasbro is, if not sooner likely to reveal at least the next stretch goal after Nova tomorrow during their next Live-Stream. Based on teases put out by Hasbro, that appears to be some new version of a Silver Surfer figure which would likely require 18k backers. Again if the campaign continues to grow in backers as it has in the last 24hrs. that is also most likely doable.

Now that its officially funded, you can bet there will be a surge of people that didnt want to 'bet' on it getting funded. This next few days will be interesting to see where this all goes. Nova def seems like its going to be happening now. This crowdfund ride has certainly been interesting to watch.

I'm very happy that it funded! Personally I'm still on the fence and will likely wait until this weekend to decide either way - I'd say I'm truly at 50/50 right now. Both Galactus and Frankie Raye look great, but I'm still not jazzed about parting with the $400. Reaching 18k and getting Surfer included really wouldn't be that much of an additional incentive for me either. It will really just come down to whether I want to swallow hard and spend the $$$ or not.

With that being said, if it somehow still reaches 20k backers and funds yet another stretch incentive then I'll be very interested to know what that will be - because then it really, truly might make the difference for me.... any of another herald, Galactus Cat, Punisher Robot or Ziran alternate head and torso cover....any of those and I'm absolutely in without even having to give it any additional thought.

On 8/24/2021 at 7:59 PM, JayC said:

Galactus will be fully funded by tomorrow I would say. Whether the momentum holds and there that many people left waiting to back it remains to be seen. Nova seems like a good possibility silver surfer IMO not so much

Well this post aged rather quickly. It's not necessarily only about how many people are left waiting to back, but also how many individuals and retailers were waiting to decide HOW MANY to buy.

Day 40: GALACTUS FUNDED! The snowball turned into an avalanche! As I write this, there have already been another 199 new backers since I collected the data just over 1.5 hours ago. Needless to say, things got nuts yesterday. +331% day-over-day increase in backers. To put this another way, this campaign just received over 10% of its minimum backers needed.
So yeah... please forgive the linear prediction for today. The formula behind it still isn't sure if the day 40 value should be treated as an outlier. It'll adjust in the next couple days. For fun though, I added an exponential curve (turquoise) fitted only to the last 10 days of data. As you can see, that thing projects backers will go through the roof before August 30th. Of course it assumes a steady rate of increase for the next 5 days. Certainly now that it's funded we should expect to see a lot of cautious fence sitters, and resellers jump in. Just how many orders that amounts to remains to be seen. The safe answer is "somewhere between the prediction curve and the line."
One last note: the Daily Avg to Surfer assumes it unlocks at 18K.

Haslab_Galactus_info_day_40.jpg

On 8/25/2021 at 1:00 PM, x-men said:

Anyone else know why the sudden surge on the backers? Is it like big bad toys, and others  backing it something?

Someone mentioned the foreign retailers may be waiting to put in their orders at the end of the campaign. So it could be that. But what you suggested would make a lot of sense too. Why wouldn’t a large e-tailers put in large orders and sell them after the fact for a modest markup? Look at the demand for the Sentinel on eBay. There are bound to be people who will decide over the next year they want a Galactus. Seems like it would be a good idea for EE, Big Bad, and others to buy some.

On 8/25/2021 at 3:18 PM, GreenwithNV said:

Someone mentioned the foreign retailers may be waiting to put in their orders at the end of the campaign. So it could be that. But what you suggested would make a lot of sense too. Why wouldn’t a large e-tailers put in large orders and sell them after the fact for a modest markup? Look at the demand for the Sentinel on eBay. There are bound to be people who will decide over the next year they want a Galactus. Seems like it would be a good idea for EE, Big Bad, and others to buy some.

From what I was told when this began places like BBTS will not be carrying this. I havent checked recently to see if anything has changed on that front but I wouldnt count on them having it. While we can only speculate the most logical explanation for the big surge is Hasbro has begun entering in larger numbers of the international sales from the retailers Hasbro brokered deals with to offer it in regions that Pulse can't sell to right now. 

It doesn't make sense for online retailers like BBTS and Dorkside to buy these and then "sell for a premium".  Not unless that premium is at least 50% (and usually more) and they're buying direct from the manufacturer.  There's no way they'd buy 1,000 of these to only make say $100 on each figure, less the cost of tax, shipping and manpower required to sell.  That's a ridiculously slim profit margin for retail.

That said, the number did go up by a thousand within a very very short period of time...