Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus

JayC

Welp, did my part and got my Galactus. I told myself I’d buy as soon as it was funded so the funds could be taken and I know where I stand on my Legends budget. Today was the day. 

.... now where am I going to put this sucka? Let alone the Sentinel that I paid for over a year ago and Hasbro has been kind enough to hold my cash for me. 😁.. better than a bank

The fact that it's reached 14k and is just 300 backers shy of reaching Nova is really shocking to me,  I was more or less confident Nova wouldn't be achieved. I guess it's only matter of time before Silver Surfer is announced as next goal but will it be 17 or 18 or maybe even 20. If they want another 2 k backers they would have to extend time for sure.

The first stretch goal for the Haslab Marvel Legends Galactus which is for a Marvel Legends Frankie Raye Nova figure is now unlocked. The project has surpassed 16 backers. We now await to here what the next stretch goal will be for which should be announced during the Hasbro live-stream that will be taking place today at 11am ET.

Day 40: NOVA UNLOCKED! As expected, the linear fit formula is still adjusting to the insane numbers over the last couple days. So it and its 8/30 Pace Estimate for today are clearly not to be trusted at the moment, which is why I kept the exponential fit for another day. I doubt that one is close to predicting where this will end either, but the space between the two has narrowed from yesterday. BTW, the Daily Avg to Surfer has been recalculated with the new 17K goal stated in today's livestream (Tier-3 is assuming 18K for now).
As for that livestream... I'm torn. As a fan of Marvel Legends, I not only wanted to see ALL the stretch goals revealed by the Hasbro team today... I fully expected it. However, as someone who's worked in entertainment for over a decade, I was able to take a step back, and realize why they would only show the Surfer for now: data. In online videogames introducing a timed event is great because it gives players something new to do, AND it gives developers a chance to test new ideas for levels/mechanics/etc... Not everything succeeds, but the data collected helps inform the developers on how they can potentially improve future events by better understanding their customer. A crowd fund campaign is very similar in that way. So even though I may consider the Silver Surfer a lackluster stretch goal reveal, simultaneously revealing the goal after him would make it impossible to determine his effectiveness at driving engagement. Tier-3 will get revealed, but for now, just sit back and let Hasbro collect their data.

Haslab_Galactus_info_day_41.jpg

Wow, Excalibur was a 3 pack! I will go ahead and grab it and keep my X Force preorder. This will be my last Marvel Legends purchase. I will continue to use my AOA Jean as Rachel. Throws in towel. I am done with Hasbro.

Edit: Watched the video and he says they will get to Rachel soon so at least she is aknowledged and not ignored.

Earlier today during their live-stream Hasbro officially announced the second stretch goal for their Haslab Marvel Legends Galactus campaign which is for a new Marvel Legends Silver Surfer figure. The figure will come with all new headsculpt, multiple hands, cosmic power effects for his hands, cosmic surf board and a cosmic stand that can sit on a shelf or clip into the Galactus hand. This figure will require 17k backers in order to be included with Galactus which will already include the Marvel Legends Frankie Raye Nova figure.

As I report this Galactus has just over 4 days to go and currently has 16,305 backers. So it needs just under 700 more backers for the Surfer to be included and to find out what stretch goal number 3 will be. Check out new images for both Nova and Surfer below.

00.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

On 8/26/2021 at 2:11 PM, Dodge76 said:

Wow, Excalibur was a 3 pack! I will go ahead and grab it and keep my X Force preorder. This will be my last Marvel Legends purchase. I will continue to use my AOA Jean as Rachel. Throws in towel. I am done with Hasbro.

Edit: Watched the video and he says they will get to Rachel soon so at least she is aknowledged and not ignored.

Every time you try to get out they just pull you back in lol.

On 8/26/2021 at 3:04 PM, LordVenger said:

Every time you try to get out they just pull you back in lol.

Yeah, I am only in it to complete my teams. I just want my classic X Force and classic Excalibur teams complete to go with my Jim Lee X-Men. Pretty much I am done after that.

Edit: Also after the GiJoe Classifieds fiasco, I am pretty salty when it comes to Hasbro.

On 8/26/2021 at 2:23 PM, JayC said:
Earlier today during their live-stream Hasbro officially announced the second stretch goal for their Haslab Marvel Legends Galactus campaign which is for a new Marvel Legends Silver Surfer figure. The figure will come with all new headsculpt, multiple hands, cosmic power effects for his hands, cosmic surf board and a cosmic stand that can sit on a shelf or clip into the Galactus hand. This figure will require 17k backers in order to be included with Galactus which will already include the Marvel Legends Frankie Raye Nova figure.

As I report this Galactus has just over 4 days to go and currently has 16,305 backers. So it needs just under 700 more backers for the Surfer to be included and to find out what stretch goal number 3 will be. Check out new images for both Nova and Surfer below.

00.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Congrats to those that are getting this. Hope everyone is able to unlock the third. This is too big and too pricey for me so I am sticking to my Marvel Universe one which suits me pretty well and does not take up too much room.

On 8/26/2021 at 3:17 PM, Dodge76 said:

Congrats to those that are getting this. Hope everyone is able to unlock the third. This is too big and too pricey for me so I am sticking to my Marvel Universe one which suits me pretty well and does not take up too much room.

I may buy the Galactus just for the Silver Surfer and Nova and re-sell it Loose if I dont have room as you mention 🤣