Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus

JayC

In less than 24 hours from it being announced, the second stretch goal for the Haslab Marvel Legends figure has been unlocked. This was for the new Marvel Legends Silver Surfer figure which needed 17k backers. Now those who back this campaign will get Surfer along with the Marvel Legends Frankie Raye Nova figure with their 32" tall Galactus.

As we await Hasbro to reveal what stretch goal #3 will be which should be later this morning the campaign currently has 17,046 backers with a little over 3 days left. The question on everyone's mind now is what will goal #3 be and how many backers will be needed to unlock it?

Galactus-In-Hand.jpg

On 8/27/2021 at 6:09 AM, 80sboy4 said:

I'm very excited to see Silver Surfer get funded, really think he was essential.  I wonder when the third tier will be announced.  Thinking Firelord will be up next, I hope.

I think it might be the army builder part they teased 

On 8/27/2021 at 4:09 AM, 80sboy4 said:

I'm very excited to see Silver Surfer get funded, really think he was essential.  I wonder when the third tier will be announced.  Thinking Firelord will be up next, I hope.

IF there is a third tier I'd love an Airwalker but I think Firelord is the most probable simply because it'd be easily done by reusing a standard buck with a new head sculpt. Basically the first Walgreens exclusive Human Torch with a different head.

On 8/27/2021 at 8:25 AM, JayC said:

There is def at least another tier, there is no way the Silver Surfer was the "Really Cool" stretch goal Jesse Falcon hoped would be unlocked as the final tier.

It's a deep dig, but you wanna do something really cool that will take us all by surprise, do a Blue Marvel.

Then again, that may be a huge disservice to the fans, because he really should get a general release.

On 8/27/2021 at 9:31 AM, monron999 said:

It's a deep dig, but you wanna do something really cool that will take us all by surprise, do a Blue Marvel.

Unfortunately I am in the same boat as Virtalzach and leaning towards thinking its not gonna be another figure.

On 8/27/2021 at 8:39 AM, MonsterChris said:

Anyone else get the impression that they haven't shown off the third unlockable yet because they're still trying to gauge where to set the goal posts for it?

Yep, I think they might have been taken by surprise by the sudden surge. I'm guessing, unlike SS which is only a repaint at this point, they don't have a proto of the third tier and they're trying to get some kind of render done for show.

On 8/27/2021 at 9:38 AM, JayC said:

Unfortunately I am in the same boat as Virtalzach and leaning towards thinking its not gonna be another figure.

I actually think your earlier theory about a Ziran, The Tester head is most likely.  It fits the same pattern as the Sentinel (figure, figure, alternate head) and lines up with the clues dropped in the livestream.  I think you were on the money there.

On 8/27/2021 at 8:39 AM, MonsterChris said:

Anyone else get the impression that they haven't shown off the third unlockable yet because they're still trying to gauge where to set the goal posts for it?

I'm expecting that they might have originally planned to have the target for Surfer higher and adjusted it downward because they wanted it to hit. They likely view another tier as unlikely and it wouldn't surprise me if it's at 20k or higher, which of course seems like a stretch. It also won't surprise me if they don't even announce another tier at all at this late stage. Hopefully we'll see something today....

Im pretty sure all goals were set well ahead of the project launch.  The figure broke 17k in the middle of the night so it didnt make sense to announce the next one then when no one would really be up to see it. Its only just after 6am on the west coast, they also have the Transformers live-stream today at 11am ET where they are gonna announce that Haslab so my guess the people who maintain the site have their hands full at the moment.

Each goal is set I am sure so they can add things but maintain whatever profit margin was set for the figure. Silver Surfer basically being a reissue  didnt cost them much to do hence didnt raise the production cost as much hence likely allowed them to not require as many people to back it in order to offset that cost. Again this thing I guarantee is well thought out in advance from both the design and the accounting aspect. They aren't making these things up as they go.

With the Sentinel they did end up having to scramble a bit to add an extra tier cause they went through the first 3 so fast, but I am sure they learned from that and planned accordingly with this one.

On 8/27/2021 at 9:45 AM, JayC said:

Im pretty sure all goals were set well ahead of the project launch.

No doubt.  It just feels to me, based on almost nothing, that the Surfer was originally going to be unlocked at 18,000 and they made a change at some point because the backer numbers weren't/aren't behaving like they expected.  Feels to me like the stretch goals would probably have been set at 16k, 18k, and 20k, but then again 14k to fund was unexpected out of the gate.  Who knows?

On 8/27/2021 at 10:43 AM, MonsterChris said:

No doubt.  It just feels to me, based on almost nothing, that the Surfer was originally going to be unlocked at 18,000 and they made a change at some point because the backer numbers weren't/aren't behaving like they expected.  Feels to me like the stretch goals would probably have been set at 16k, 18k, and 20k, but then again 14k to fund was unexpected out of the gate.  Who knows?

Like you say we dont know for sure but I can't imagine Hasbro didnt know those of us who already have one of the two Walgreens Silver Surfers wouldn't be that interested in this one, so it makes sense they would have set it lower than say Nova. Now how the remaining ones breakdown for backers  since I have no idea what they will be its really hard to say. If its a figure like say Firelord or another herald  I would say they will require an additional 2k.

On 8/27/2021 at 10:29 AM, x-men said:

For tiers 3, and possible 4, I'm going to guess some kind of energy  accessories, or some planet that he can hold.

We don't know the total stretch goals they planed but four seems logical. Just recapping hints/teases/possible clues Hasbro has dropped since this began. At one point they said in the initial image they releases teasing Nova and Surfer you could fit 2 other things on there. Jesse Falcon in the original live-stream said he hoped the final goal would get unlocked cause it was really cool and his favorite. Dwight in the original live-stream suggested on of the goals could somehow be construed as an army builder or something to that effect.