Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus

JayC

At this rate we're going to hit 18,000 before they say anything new.  I feel like this is a misstep on Hasbro's part.  They asked fans to rally yesterday and the fans rallied and now there's not a word a congratulations or celebration from them in, what, almost twelve hours?  The website still says the Surfer "will be unlocked at 17,000 backers".  How did they not have things ready to go?

As we go into the final countdown and things are happening, I feel the fans getting excited, but I'm not feeling it from Hasbro.

On 8/27/2021 at 3:18 PM, Jmacq1 said:

I seem to recall something similar happening later in the Sentinel campaign, where it took them almost until the goal was met to reveal what the next tier was. 

I dont think so. They were pretty quick in revealing them once the previous one was unlocked. Again with the 4th one that wasn't originally planned so they had to scramble but even that one was revealed in a timely matter.  I don't know what the hold up is on this one. There is def another tier.

@Satam Dan Yun has an interview/chat with Unparalleled Universe tonight. Maybe he'll make the announcement there.

Yes Dan Yun is joining a live-stream late tonite but I would surely hope they didn't waste an entire day so they could reveal it there. Sure reveal it during the day and then talk about in more detail in a live-stream, but with only a couple days left in the campaign I really hope thats not why they havent revealed it yet.

On 8/27/2021 at 3:26 PM, JayC said:

Yes Dan Yun is joining a late night live-stream tonite but I would surely hope they didn't waste an entire day so they could reveal it there. Sure reveal it during the day and then talk about in more detail in a live-stream, but with only a couple days left in the campaign I really hope thats not why they havent revealed it yet.

Yeah, that decision would seem like a potential momentum-killer.  It's the last payday before closing the window for a lot of folks.  Get that info out there to try to snare more fence-sitters.

On 8/27/2021 at 3:26 PM, JayC said:

Yes Dan Yun is joining a live-stream late tonite but I would surely hope they didn't waste an entire day so they could reveal it there. Sure reveal it during the day and then talk about in more detail in a live-stream, but with only a couple days left in the campaign I really hope thats not why they havent revealed it yet.

I would hope that, too, and @Jmacq1 is right that doing that could be a potential momentum killer, but can we honestly say that every decision the Marvel team has made for this Haslab campaign has made total sense?

I don't think it's THAT big of a fumble.  They're still adding backers at a good clip with three days to go.  It may very well meet the same numbers as the Sentinel at this rate, which is actually a solid success given the higher price and the fact that Galactus isn't an army builder.

But yeah, I still think it'd have been better for them to get tier III info out there sooner rather than later, but at this point I'm betting that yes, it'll be during that podcast appearance by Dan Yun that it gets unveiled (And now that I've said that they'll prove me wrong by revealing it any second now...right?).

On 8/27/2021 at 4:28 PM, Jmacq1 said:

I don't think it's THAT big of a fumble.

They should have said something by now.  I'm a backer.  I'm a Pulse Premium member.  I, and others like me, just helped them cross a major milestone in the project and there has been no acknowledgement of it.  No email blast to say "Thank you!  You guys have unlocked the Silver Surfer!"  Not even an update on the webpage to that effect.  They don't have to announce the next stretch goal the second the Surfer is unlocked, but they really should have by now said, "Thanks, guys!  You did the thing!  Stay tuned to these places in this approximate time frame for what's next!  Let's keep the energy up!"

I mean, it's not ruining my day, it's just bad PR.  $400 is a lot of mai tais and the second stretch goal is a big deal for backers.  Exciting things are happening and the silence is coming off as really dismissive of that.

We're 44 backers shy of 18,000 as I type this.

Edit: There it is.  18,000.

OK, I NEED us to make that stretch goal now.  Loved the original Morg storyline in Silver Surfer, and yeah, they're probably right that this is about the only place we're ever gonna get one as he's one of the more obscure Heralds.

I would be surprised if Hasbro doesn't give us some Herald love late next year/early next year.  Firelord at a minimum (if he's not lined up to be a Walgreen's exclusive already) and maybe an improved Terrax and even Air Walker (though I'd be curious to see if they go with OG or "Robotic" version).

On 8/27/2021 at 7:03 PM, tarot said:

Thinking about it if Nova is the fire, Surfer is the water, Morg is the earth, then we might get another for the wind Herald. VERY Doubtful though.

Whoof.  I feel like 20K is within reach, but unless the last one was at like...21K I think a further tier is gonna be a real struggle to get unless this just goes crazy in the last couple days (Which admittedly...isn't impossible).