Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus

JayC

On 8/27/2021 at 8:16 PM, JayC said:

Idk I was laughing pretty hard when Wade told Dan point blank the headsculpt on that retro invisible woman flat out sucked tonite.

Oh, I laughed hard as well (c'mon that head sculpt is unforgivable, and inexcusable given how good most of their head sculpts are), but I was happy to see it was something he took seriously, and didn't have a flippant attitude about. 

On 8/28/2021 at 6:25 AM, Atlantis said:

Yes!! At 15:44 Dan asked them what they thought of the FF wave and Wade (16:48) told him how bad that sculpt was. Dan clearly didn't like that, but like Wade said, "hey you asked!" I laughed at that one too.

But what bothered me was that not only was there no follow up as to if they would correct it before it gets in consumers' hands, they never asked why they changed her head in the first place. It really makes no sense whatsoever.

Thanks for pinpointing the time. I wanted to see the exchange too but didn't want to sit through the 3 hour video to find it! Yeah I'm glad Wade brought that up. Dan just feigned being hurt by the comments but it sounds like there won't be any change to the face sculpt. ☹️

It seems like Hasbro made minor changes to most of the Fantastic 4 figures, like Ben has different head sculpts too from the two previous releases (I think the Super Skrull wave was the best head sculpt), so Sue's was probably also changed to make it different rather than just giving us a straight-up repaint of the exact same figure. So I think they were right to change it and It seems like they were going for the old look of Sue with big hair that's pictured on the retro package artwork which would have been fine but they just missed with the face.

On 8/28/2021 at 1:25 PM, x-men said:

And the countdown begins,  less then 1,000 to go unlock Morg

For tiers 3, and possible 4, I'm going to guess some kind of energy  accessories, or some planet that he can hold.

Morg is Tier 3. Sort of sounds like Tier 3 may be the last but even if there is a 4th Tier we don't have enough time but who knows 

I kind of wish that they would update the website and send an email to people that have bought Legends from the Hasbro Pulse site. I know people that would be interested to know that Morg was added to this that don't frequent sites like this and won't know if Hasbro doesn't tell them. They basically fully depend on the Hasbro emails. Waiting until Monday to update the site is probably too late to attract any other additional buyers that were on the fence....   There's a local comic book shop owner here in town that bought Sentinels last year only because I kept him up to date on the Tier add-on's....  he didn't know anything about it otherwise....

On 8/28/2021 at 8:53 AM, Jmacq1 said:

think there's a real good chance of Firelord showing up as a fan channel exclusive on a FF Retro card.  Air-Walker I could see filling out a Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 wave.  I would add that The Fallen One seems like the kind of character that would fit in well with the Walgreen's cosmic exclusives.

I think I remember hasbro saying the cosmic theme at Walgreens is finished. Did I dream that?

On 8/28/2021 at 1:40 PM, Reno said:

I kind of wish that they would update the website and send an email to people that have bought Legends from the Hasbro Pulse site. I know people that would be interested to know that Morg was added to this that don't frequent sites like this and won't know if Hasbro doesn't tell them. They basically fully depend on the Hasbro emails. Waiting until Monday to update the site is probably too late to attract any other additional buyers that were on the fence....   There's a local comic book shop owner here in town that bought Sentinels last year only because I kept him up to date on the Tier add-on's....  he didn't know anything about it otherwise....

I’m with you. I know that no one likes to work over or pull an extra weekend or whatever but we are less than 800 backers from having morg unlocked and possibly getting to a fourth tier reward and they haven’t even added morg to the tier list yet. Come on guys suck it up and get on top of your stuff. Surely they well nevermind. Just update your site. 

Morg looks fantastic! I remember him from the 90s Ron Lim Silver Surfer run. Not a well known character which is perfect or a tier goal as we most likely would not have seen him in the main line waves. We are getting to 20,000 quick, just a little over 700 to go now and I do think a 4th tier will happen to complete the campaign at midnight Monday!!!

On 8/28/2021 at 1:40 PM, Reno said:

But during the sentinel project, they sent out all those tier unlock emails from what I remember.
And besides, I think anyone who knows who Morg is and wanted him definitely has kept up with or been aware of the project. But even so, if they send out an email on Monday morning,  the unaware still have a 24 hour window, no? That can be a long day for some.

On 8/28/2021 at 3:14 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

But during the sentinel project, they sent out all those tier unlock emails from what I remember.
And besides, I think anyone who knows who Morg is and wanted him definitely has kept up with or been aware of the project. But even so, if they send out an email on Monday morning,  the unaware still have a 24 hour window, no? That can be a long day for some.

I honestly don't remember what they did with Sentinel. I also understand that someone probably didn't want to work late on Friday to update a website but in this day and age that tends to be something with some sort of 24/7 coverage and likely a work from home job. My point was just that there are people who buy these figures that likely still don't know about the Tier 3 incentive. Giving them a full weekend to visit the site and purchase seems more likely than after just one more normal workday before the deadline, right?!? Maybe it wouldn't make a difference, but I feel like it would. Maybe I'm also over-estimating the Morg effect because I know that is what finally got me personally to commit when I was leaning towards not doing so otherwise. Marketing is all about maximizing your opportunity and in my opinion that just wasn't done here by waiting to update the website. That's my opinion (and probably only meaningful to me).

On 8/28/2021 at 3:03 PM, tarot said:

Nope. Binary was the last. 

Ahh, I hadn't heard that.  Unfortunate to see, but yeah, I HAD heard that the guy in charge of Walgreen's toy buying or whatever was no longer the guy that was big on Marvel Legends Exclusives.

On 8/28/2021 at 3:54 PM, Virtualzach said:

If here even is a 4th tier.  And assuming they set it at 21k instead of 22k.  The smart move would be the latter; I can't see this thing getting 1k/day for the last two days but I've been wrong before...

I'd actually say 1K+ a day for the last two days is very do-able.  Almost all successful crowdfunding projects have their biggest jumps in the first 48 hours and the last 48 hours.  However I'm not sure if there are any more tiers either, though I very vaguely remember the reveal livestream for Galactus saying they had five tier goals sketched out but I could be misremembering/misinterpreting something from that livestream.

Less than 500 to unlock Morg. I'd say Morg has a good chance of being unlocked by tomorrow morning. The bigger question is IF there is another tier, how long will Hasbro take in announcing it. They wasted a lot of time yesterday announcing Morg and with it being a Sunday who knows when they might do it.

Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 8.03.55 PM.png

On 8/28/2021 at 7:17 PM, x-men said:

I'm going to say unlocked by 10, or 11pm PST, less then 400 backers, and it's  been jumping from around 55-80 backers a hour. Also I think we will get a 4th tier. Because they never said the 3rd will be the last tier. So I'm thinking the 4th Tier announced tomorrow morning on a Sunday 

I hope that you're right in regards to the announcement, but seeing as it's been 36 hours since the Surfer got funded and 24 hours since Morg got announced and they still haven't updated the website or sent any Pulse emails, I can't say that I'm all that hopeful for updates or announcements until mid-day Monday - which honestly isn't all that useful when it closes to new backers just hours later.

As I'm typing this, the project is at 19,665 backers with just about 51 total hours to go.

Not sure if anybody saw this but earlier today Dan Yun tweeted another round of thanks and hope for Morg's unlocking, but in between those thoughts he also mentioned:

In 2022, there will be something normally released that will fit nicely with your Galactus

The obvious assumption is that we'll get another Herald released, possibly on a Fantastic Four retro card. If it's a herald, my money would be on Terrax, but Firelord is another strong contender (and much easier to make). If not a herald, however, maybe Dan is teasing a deluxe comic-based Watcher figure. 

https://twitter.com/DanYunIsTrying/status/1431650711952150531?s=20

Sorry to say but Haslab was not ready for this and they are stalling so there is no 4th tier. As you can see the picture was designed for only 2 blacked out figures, the added Morg figure was a last second slop job. Honestly I dont think they know what to do and just want to slip by with only 3 tiers.  If this was my marketing team they would of been fired for being so unprepared for any event. By not updating the main website tells me that they were not ready for this.