Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus

JayC

On 8/28/2021 at 10:09 PM, nickson1970 said:

Sorry to say but Haslab was not ready for this and they are stalling so there is no 4th tier. As you can see the picture was designed for only 2 blacked out figures, the added Morg figure was a last second slop job. Honestly I dont think they know what to do and just want to slip by with only 3 tiers.  If this was my marketing team they would of been fired for being so unprepared for any event. By not updating the main website tells me that they were not ready for this.

Nah, I don’t think so. The image teasing the two heralds was released days after the launch of the campaign as a way to drum up hype for the unlockables at a time when they were still saying they wouldn’t reveal them until they hit 14,000 backers. The campaign was moving really slowly, so they put out a teaser image. They probably only included two heralds on that teaser because they weren’t yet confident they’d be able to reach any beyond that and didn’t want to leave people hanging on a third tier they weren’t sure they’d ever get to reveal. That Morg is a whole new sculpt. No way they just whipped that up this week. If the tiers were switched around and you told me they threw together Surfer this week, I could be convinced, but that Morg has been part of the plan the whole time. As further evidence, Jesse Falcon was gushing, when they first unveiled the campaign, that the “final tier” was by far the coolest. There’s no way those comments were about a repainted Silver Surfer with a new head sculpt.

Not updating the website is also par for the course. With the sentinel, they kept reaching new tiers before revealing what the unlock was for that tier. Last time they were overwhelmed by demand, but it was also clear then—as it is now—that their web team just doesn’t work weekends.

On 8/28/2021 at 7:10 AM, Sasquatch said:

"Thanks for pinpointing the time.... I didn't want to sit through the 3 hour video to find it! Yeah I'm glad Wade brought that up. Dan just feigned being hurt by the comments but it sounds like there won't be any change to the face sculpt. ☹️

It seems like Hasbro made minor changes to most of the Fantastic 4 figures...so Sue's was probably also changed to make it different ... So I think they were right to change it ...they were going for the old look of Sue....that's pictured on the retro package artwork ..."

There's a lot of talk about hip-hop groups and in-jokes that have nothing to do with Legends so yeah, the whole video is gonna take some time. However, if you watch that section you can plainly see he is not "feigning" anything- he's annoyed that he didn't get the answer he thought he was going to get. 

Maybe they did change her sculpt to match the artwork, but if so, they weren't right to change it . Totally unnecessary and they just jacked it up. It looks ridiculous.

Look, we hear all the time the reason we couldn't get this or that accessory or feature is because all those things cost $$, and there's only so much money allocated to the wave, etc. Well, how much money did they waste on this crap, when they didn't need to? The head used from the previous two was fine; if they wanted to change something then put her on a woman's body, not some teenager's. Maybe the saved money could've gone into giving Mr. Fantastic something better than those idiotic leaf-raking hands. 

On 8/29/2021 at 10:28 AM, RoMe00150 said:

Wow I'm blown away. I remember just a week ago doubting we'd even get Nova but now we're at Tier 3. I'm not sure if there is a Tier 4 but I kinda hope no

Same here, It was going so slow at first and now boom like nothing, I guess there’s something about last days that makes dopamine jump up high. I dunno what they can offer for 4rd tier, it could be Firelord since it’s seems to be easiest figure to do. 

Is it just me? Why do people think there would be a tier 4 when the sight that you give your credit card info to pay doesnt even say that tier 2 has been cleared and no mention of tier 3, again I ask why would there be a tier 4? My only other feeling (that is quite a stretch) is that they will hand out a tier 4 without any requirement.

Again, why would they announce a tier 4 with keeping the website in the state that it is in, and dont say its the weekend, no boss or stockholder wants to hear that.

On 8/29/2021 at 1:50 AM, nickson1970 said:

Is it just me? Why do people think there would be a tier 4 when the sight that you give your credit card info to pay doesnt even say that tier 2 has been cleared and no mention of tier 3, again I ask why would there be a tier 4? My only other feeling (that is quite a stretch) is that they will hand out a tier 4 without any requirement.

Again, why would they announce a tier 4 with keeping the website in the state that it is in, and dont say its the weekend, no boss or stockholder wants to hear that.

Seems you gave the evidence in your post.  Obviously you can't go by their pulse website because tier 3 still isn't listed there but we know that its morg.  Now that doesn't mean that a 4th tier does exist, but it does mean that anyone who thinks another tier is probable isn't automatically wrong.   

On 8/29/2021 at 2:20 AM, RoMe00150 said:

Idk if I want Firelord in a Tier. Really don't want to risk missing him. I hope they don't wait a whole day to announce the possible 4th Tier. I really hope Firelord is a general release so I can recreate this 

image.thumb.png.a115451f25a2e0be1878a3e02affdbbb.png

Hopefully Firelord will be a regular release around the time Galactus comes out next year since Dan hinted at drops related to the G will drop then.  

On 8/29/2021 at 1:50 AM, nickson1970 said:

C91B1CBC-C71F-4D17-B5E2-F4E97C9F6529.jpeg

In just a little over 24 hours the Hasbro Marvel Legends Haslab Galactus figure has obtained enough backers to unlock the projects third stretch goal which is for a Marvel Legends MORG figure.

MORG will now be included with the 32" tall Galactus along with the Marvel Legends Frankie Raye Nova and Silver Surfer figures.

Now the questions remain if or when Hasbro will announce a 4th stretch goal for the project as the campaign enters its final day. As of right now with just a little over 24 hours to go the project has 20,156 backers.

Many fans are hoping for another Herald to be included as a 4th stretch goal for Galactus. fan favorites for a fourth figure seem to include Firelord and a new Terrax which Hasbro previously gave us a version of as a Build-A-Figure back in 2012.

Even if another action figure isn't included as a stretch goal, Hasbro's Dan Yun has indicated we might see perhaps one of these figures released next year by stating we will see something normally released that will fit nicely with Galactus in 2022.

Even though it's Sunday, hopefully Hasbro will soon announce if another stretch goal is coming, and if so exactly what it is and how many backers will be needed to unlock it. With the project heading into the final day time is short. We will be sure to update this story once more information becomes available.

00-Morg-Lives.png

While not completely out of the question, I don't think a 4th tier is likely. That would have to be a super quick turn around, unless they "stretch" the deadline. Firelord is the frontrunner, but I do believe he could also make it as a general release or Fan Channel release. Morg is in the bag and I'm super stoked.

On 8/29/2021 at 12:14 PM, RyanDaly said:

It's a little weird how much people want to see other people fired for successfully completing a job.

Wait. Who is saying who should be fired? Being fired for probably the second (maybe first if the numbers keep going) most successful Haslab project to date? Because they didn't show the tiers straight away? For it being high (yet understandably) price? for the huge goal? 

Yeah I think none of that matters now. Who ever says someone should be fired for this project should go back into their caves. It's reminds me of when someone on this forum tried to campaign to fire Dwight over what was happening to the MU line right after the major redundancies in the company. People berated the poster telling him no one should be fired for making the hard choice. I was very proud of the forum for it.

The only thing successful is that less people bought the toy, its a toy, you sell as many as you can, this is clearly not what happened and if you think that was so successful this is why you are here collecting toys instead of being a business owner with a 8 Million $ job to do, This job was self sabotage because people were unprepared.

On 8/29/2021 at 9:40 AM, nickson1970 said:

The only thing successful is that less people bought the toy, its a toy, you sell as many as you can, this is clearly not what happened 

Less than what? They've currently pre-sold 150% of their minimum goal. It's on pace to sell as many or more units than the Sentinel sold last year, despite being more expensive and requiring twice as many minimum backers.