Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus

JayC

If you think its appropriate for some random people on the Internet to try and get people fired for what they think was a unsuccessful campaign, I'm sorry but please leave these forums. Yes I'm aware how that sound and honestly don't care. 

No one, absolutely no one, should be fired for doing their job unless they did something illegal.

You're talking about "cancel culture" whereas people earlier in this thread were asking for the heads of Hasbro's marketing division for incompetence, which makes no sense because they very much accomplished their goal. Defending people who did their job correctly, while also demanding that public officials and celebrities who make offensive statements or decisions be held accountable are two completely separate things.

On 8/29/2021 at 10:13 AM, RyanDaly said:

You're talking about "cancel culture" whereas people earlier in this thread were asking for the heads of Hasbro's marketing division for incompetence, which makes no sense because they very much accomplished their goal. Defending people who did their job correctly, while also demanding that public officials and celebrities who make offensive statements or decisions be held accountable are two completely separate things.

"Offensive" is a subjective term.  And you're pretty sad if you want people to lose their livelihoods due to getting your feelings hurt by their opinions. Ever hear about "everyone is entitled to their opinions"?  

I have heard that expression. It's my opinion that not all opinions are good; some are abhorrent and should be condemned by society. For instance, if a congressman from the great state of Iowa holds the opinion that white people and black people shouldn't procreate together because it dilutes the gene pool, I think the people of Iowa should recall that racist m*****f*****. I have absolutely no problem with a man like that losing his livelihood.

Again, though, this has nothing to do with whether Hasbro's team sold enough units of Galactus. 

Even if this is the final tier,(hope it's not, since Sentinel got 4) I would be satisfied overall, because if you think about it Nova,and Surfer alone would cost $25 so there's the extra $50, and MORG, seems like a BAF/Deluxe  type figure, because of it size, so an extra $65+, so all and all, I think it's a pretty good deal......(would still like the 4th tier though)

On 8/29/2021 at 12:43 PM, x-men said:

Even if this is the final tier,(hope it's not, since Sentinel got 4) I would be satisfied overall, because if you think about it Nova,and Surfer alone would cost $25 so there's the extra $50, and MORG, seems like a BAF/Deluxe  type figure, because of it size, so an extra $65+, so all and all, I think it's a pretty good deal......(would still like the 4th tier though)

Same to be honest unless it is Firelord. Would like him to be a general release. Nice to be back on topic though 

On 8/29/2021 at 11:43 AM, x-men said:

Don't forget that shipping is included, and shipping costs have pretty much skyrocketed in the last year.  This thing ain't gonna be cheap to ship (and while Hasbro Pulse undoubtedly pays less than what we'd pay going to the Post Office or UPS or wherever, it's still nowhere near "free" or even "cheap").

With three figures that would probably be about $24 (current retail price of a normal Legends Fig, and basically counting the stands as the "build a figure piece") and shipping included (say roughly...$50 for shipping, which may be a conservative estimate), that's pushing $125 of value built into the price, making Galactus himself about a $275 figure (unless of course another tier is out there and unlocks, in which case he'll be even less).

On 8/29/2021 at 4:43 PM, x-men said:

I would think given they come with those effect stands nova and surfer would be considered deluxe sets as well but to the 30 to 35 range 

Hasbro has announced the 4th and final stretch goal for their Haslab Marvel Legends Galactus Campaign.

Even Galactus is not invulnerable to Doctor Doom! In one story, the Latverian monarch, Dr. Doom takes on a modified version of the Devourer’s form, complete with Doom-style helmet! This one needs 22,000 backers by August 30th to unlock. Currently the campaign has 20,636 backers with 1 Days 11 Hours 17 Minutes to go.

00-Doom-Galactus-02.jpg

Doom-Galactus-01.jpg

Doom-Galactus-03.jpg

Doom-Galactus-04.jpg

On 8/29/2021 at 12:45 PM, JayC said:

Hasbro has announced the 4th and final stretch goal for their Haslab Marvel Legends Galactus Campaign.

Even Galactus is not invulnerable to Doctor Doom! In one story, the Latverian monarch, Dr. Doom takes on a modified version of the Devourer’s form, complete with Doom-style helmet! This one needs 22,000 backers by August 30th to unlock. Currently the campaign has 20,636 backers with 1 Days 11 Hours 17 Minutes to go.

00-Doom-Galactus-02.jpg

Doom-Galactus-01.jpg

Doom-Galactus-03.jpg

Doom-Galactus-04.jpg

I'm sorry what? 

On 8/29/2021 at 5:58 PM, tarot said:

For reference I think this is from marvel two in one when Johnny and Ben went in search of Reed and gang after secret wars and wound up in an alternate universe where doom had essentially became galactus and destroyed all but earth.

Yeah, it is. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Victor_von_Doom_(Earth-18466)

On 8/29/2021 at 9:58 AM, tarot said:

For reference I think this is from marvel two in one when Johnny and Ben went in search of Reed and gang after secret wars and wound up in an alternate universe where doom had essentially became galactus and destroyed all but earth.

Is there any way we can channel the essence of Galacta-Doom to destroy this tier and remake it as something else?  Or just donate it to some plastic charity.  I almost feel bad knowing my support is contributing to this tier.  With the rising cost of plastic and shipping and all...

On 8/29/2021 at 11:58 AM, tarot said:

Nice way to kill the momentum, a swap head from a run that nobody cares (personally I hate that writer books), but hey, we have three Heralds, lets pretend this head doesnt existe and keep celebrating!

Yeah could not care less about this one.  Very much a "why?"  If they wanted to do an alternate head, how about a "Kirby-style" streamlined headsculpt or an "unmasked" Galactus?  I mean, we'll probably make the goal and get the head regardless, but this definitely wouldn't be something that would pull me off the fence if I hadn't already signed on.

This one doesnt add any appeal for me and doubt it will sway anyone who wasn't already getting one, but I am happy with Morg and Nova. For the record I like my Celestial idea much better but there you go. Maybe Celestials will be next years Haslab??? And yes I would rather have Celestials than some vehicle I have no room for and couldnt do much with. The only way a vehicle might interest me is if it was on the cheaper price side similar to this years TF one. Even then it would have to knock my socks off.

Ziran-Eternals-01__scaled_600.jpg

On 8/29/2021 at 12:06 PM, CAC said:

It’s like the Hasbro team can’t help themselves.  How many people are actually going to use this instead of the Galactus head?  What a waste!  Firelord was a no brainer here but instead the Hasbro team thought “what is the most useless thing we can give the fans?”

Well, u dont need to be a brainer to realize that Hasbro won't give you for free something that they can sell later (Firelord)? 

But yeah, this head is garbage, I think even a piece of plastic pretending to be cosmic energy was a better (and cheaper for them) option. 

On 8/29/2021 at 1:06 PM, CAC said:

It’s like the Hasbro team can’t help themselves.  How many people are actually going to use this instead of the Galactus head?  What a waste!  Firelord was a no brainer here but instead the Hasbro team thought “what is the most useless thing we can give the fans?”

No, Firelord is not a "no brainer" when he's probably getting released on a single card next year.  Like I said, if they wanted to do an alternate head, an unmasked Galactus would have been cool and appropriate.  This does reek of someone on the design team overriding common sense with "Wouldn't it be funny if...?"

On 8/29/2021 at 1:08 PM, JayC said:

This one doesnt add any appeal for me and doubt it will sway anyone who wasn't already getting one, but I am happy with Morg and Nova. For the record I like my Celestial idea much better but there you go. Maybe Celestials will be next years Haslab??? And yes I would rather have Celestials than some vehicle I have no room for and couldnt do much with. The only way a vehicle might interest me is if it was on the cheaper price side similar to this years TF one. Even then it would have to knock my socks off.

Ziran-Eternals-01__scaled_600.jpg

My only problem with Celestial Haslabs is that there are a lot of them and they are highly individualized.  I can envision a world where you MIGHT be able to create something that could swap around for 2, maaaaaybe three of them, but even that's a stretch, especially if going for color accuracy.  I suppose you could "genericize" the colors and just do multiple unique headsculpts but let's be honest most fans wouldn't be thrilled about that.  Even so, after the Eternals movie, if it does well enough, Celestials will probably be on the table, at least.

Completely agree on vehicles, though.  A Quinjet or Blackbird is just going to collect dust and be hard to store, as you can either open it up to display the figures inside, in which case it doesn't look like the vehicle, or you can close it up to look like the vehicle but then you can't see the figures inside.  Outside of a relatively small group of dio-builders "huge" vehicles just don't seem worth the trouble.