Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus

JayC

Hm while we will probably reach it, it's not the most exciting Tier so I'm glad it is the last. I'm glad it isn't a Herald like Firelord that way it can be released to the general public. Although I don't understand the anger. I do have to wonder if this is what they meant by army builder and it was the "coolest tier?"

On 8/29/2021 at 1:14 PM, RoMe00150 said:

Hm while we will probably reach it, it's not the most exciting Tier so I'm glad it is the last. I'm glad it isn't a Herald like Firelord that way it can be released to the general public. Although I don't understand the anger. I do have to wonder if this is what they meant by army builder and it was the "coolest tier?"

Falcon was talking about Morg as the coolest/his favorite tier. He said it needed 20K backers.  

And I think it was best explained above that people may have seriously misinterpreted some deadpan sarcastic humor with the "Army Builder" stuff.

On 8/29/2021 at 10:08 AM, JayC said:

This one doesnt add any appeal for me and doubt it will sway anyone who wasn't already getting one, but I am happy with Morg and Nova. For the record I like my Celestial idea much better but there you go. Maybe Celestials will be next years Haslab??? And yes I would rather have Celestials than some vehicle I have no room for and couldnt do much with. The only way a vehicle might interest me is if it was on the cheaper price side similar to this years TF one. Even then it would have to knock my socks off.

Ziran-Eternals-01__scaled_600.jpg

A Living Tribunal would be cool too. Or even Fin Fang Foom. I'm not sure how much demand there would be for any of those though, Sentinels and Galactus are probably the two biggest names of this scale. Maybe Giant-Man?

As I've stated from the beginning, I think Galactus was worth the full price and I was happy to back him on day one even if he never came with any other figures or unlocked any stretch goals. That said, I appreciate free stuff as much as anybody so I have been happy with every unlocked tier. After three figures, whose inherent retail value if individually released would've been approximately $75 or more, that's like Galactus only cost $300-325. Not bad. I am more than satisfied with that.

So then we get this... Doom head...thing. Yeah, this doesn't appeal to me, and I never, ever would've asked for this, but... I think it's kind of hilarious. This is the designers and engineers having fun, which they are perfectly entitled to do because a) they've already sold the number of units they need plus half; they don't have to give us any free swag but they are; and b) they're already including three pretty cool figures; you want more heralds, you gotta pay for 'em. 

Most likely, this Doom head will stay in the box for 99% of the people who bought it, but for those other people who want to display him like this, bless you people! You're delightful.

As I've stated from the beginning, I think Galactus was worth the full price and I was happy to back him on day one even if he never came with any other figures or unlocked any stretch goals. That said, I appreciate free stuff as much as anybody so I have been happy with every unlocked tier. After three figures, whose inherent retail value if individually released would've been approximately $75 or more, that's like Galactus only cost $300-325. Not bad. I am more than satisfied with that.

So then we get this... Doom head...thing. Yeah, this doesn't appeal to me, and I never, ever would've asked for this, but... I think it's kind of hilarious. This is the designers and engineers having fun, which they are perfectly entitled to do because a) they've already sold the number of units they need plus half; they don't have to give us any free swag but they are; and b) they're already including three pretty cool figures; you want more heralds, you gotta pay for 'em. 

Most likely, this Doom head will stay in the box for 99% of the people who bought it, but for those other people who want to display him like this, bless you people! You're delightful.

Something else that I think is worth pointing out. 

We don't know the final numbers yet, but it looks like Galactus will end up selling pretty close to the same final total as the Sentinel (21,890 according to the website). I have no idea how many collectors bought multiples of the Sentinel, but anecdotally sounds like quite a few people did buy two or three. That makes sense because the Sentinel is naturally a troop builder that you'd want more than one of. With Galactus, that's not the case. There's no practical reason to collect more than one--unless you really want to display him with Doom's head too, which wasn't a known option until an hour ago, and I don't see that motivating a whole lot of people to buy an extra. 

That means, if they end up selling around the same number of units, and more people bought multiples of the Sentinel, that actually more people bought Galactus. Despite the cost, more different people chose to buy Galactus, which means either he's more popular than the Sentinel, or this year's HasLab project was more widely known and marketed better to a broader base of collectors. So the notion that anybody at Hasbro could be fired for this is absurd. Ryan and Dan are getting bonuses!

On 8/29/2021 at 9:08 AM, JayC said:

"...This one doesnt add any appeal for me....For the record I like my Celestial idea much better....would rather have Celestials than some vehicle I have no room for and couldnt do much with. The only way a vehicle might interest me is if it was on the cheaper price side...."Ziran-Eternals-01__scaled_600.jpg

Yeah I agree with you, this looks like some out of left-field stuff.

I'd be happy backing a vehicle like the Fantasticar or the Punisher van, provided they are done correctly. If a collector has space for Galactus, or even the Celestials (and I'm thinking Hasbro is gonna want them bigger than him), surely they'll find space for a vehicle. It likely wouldn't be as expensive as this is, and I'd think they'd have more fan appeal.

On 8/29/2021 at 12:45 PM, JayC said:

Hasbro has announced the 4th and final stretch goal for their Haslab Marvel Legends Galactus Campaign.

Even Galactus is not invulnerable to Doctor Doom! In one story, the Latverian monarch, Dr. Doom takes on a modified version of the Devourer’s form, complete with Doom-style helmet! This one needs 22,000 backers by August 30th to unlock. Currently the campaign has 20,636 backers with 1 Days 11 Hours 17 Minutes to go.

Wow.  Bravo on the deep dive!  This one's a lot of fun, but adds nothing of value for me.  Guess this one's likely to be the end of the stretch goals?

On 8/29/2021 at 12:30 PM, RyanDaly said:

We saw your point the first time u dont need to post it twice ... 👀

On 8/29/2021 at 10:37 AM, RyanDaly said:

Something else that I think is worth pointing out. 

We don't know the final numbers yet, but it looks like Galactus will end up selling pretty close to the same final total as the Sentinel (21,890 according to the website). I have no idea how many collectors bought multiples of the Sentinel, but anecdotally sounds like quite a few people did buy two or three. That makes sense because the Sentinel is naturally a troop builder that you'd want more than one of. With Galactus, that's not the case. There's no practical reason to collect more than one--unless you really want to display him with Doom's head too, which wasn't a known option until an hour ago, and I don't see that motivating a whole lot of people to buy an extra. 

That means, if they end up selling around the same number of units, and more people bought multiples of the Sentinel, that actually more people bought Galactus. Despite the cost, more different people chose to buy Galactus, which means either he's more popular than the Sentinel, or this year's HasLab project was more widely known and marketed better to a broader base of collectors. So the notion that anybody at Hasbro could be fired for this is absurd. Ryan and Dan are getting bonuses!

Perfectly put (and all of your comments for that matter). I bought this thing on day one too and would have been happy with Galactus alone, but I am very happy to see everything else we are getting with it (including the goofy Doom head).  However, I hope that Hasbro takes a few learnings from this outing - have all your tiers set in advance with realistic/consistent targets, truly have stretch targets if things exceed your expectations, and have folks ready to update things (website, social media, emails) the moment tiers are unlocked.   I hope next year (or soon) they consider doing a Haslab Frost Giant!  It could come with incredible tier targets - different head sculpts and accessories (so people are motivated to troop build), and the Warriors Three, Classic Valkyrie, Herald Thor, and Classic Beta Ray Bill.  This could be just as successful as the Sentinel and Galactus Haslab projects, and it could be announced to coincide with the release of Thor Love and Thunder.

On 8/29/2021 at 1:59 PM, Psychosomatic said:

I hope next year (or soon) they consider doing a Haslab Frost Giant!  It could come with incredible tier targets - different head sculpts and accessories (so people are motivated to troop build), and the Warriors Three, Classic Valkyrie, Herald Thor, and Classic Beta Ray Bill.  This could be just as successful as the Sentinel and Galactus Haslab projects, and it could be announced to coincide with the release of Thor Love and Thunder.

I would love a Frost Giant, especially if it was easily customizable for troop building. Personally, I wouldn't want it to be as tall as Galactus. I would be fine if it was closer to the 20-24 inch range. The new Transformers HasLab project that they just unveiled is less than $200, which gives me hope that each project isn't going to try and top the previous venture. I would love if they scaled back a bit for the Frost Giants (not as big, no LED lights or electronics, less than 20 points of articulation in the hands, which just seems excessive) and offered them for $150-200. 

While your wishlist of unlockable figures is impressive, I can't see them giving away six highly desirable characters as stretch goals.  

On 8/29/2021 at 2:57 PM, Gigantor said:

I'm not backing this but if I was, I'd be totally livid with the choice to make a Giant Doom head as the 4th tier. Who da hell was asking for this!!!?? An unhelmeted Galen was a no brainer!  You backers better be content with Morg & quit backing that crap 4th tier.

I mean, you're either in for the price of Galactus or you're not.  You don't get to opt in or out of tiers....  As someone above put: For most folks it'll just stay in the box/storage bin/whatever.  For the select few that might get a laugh out of having Doom's head on Galactus, well...good on 'em, I guess.  Not for me, but it's just "free" stuff that I'll get in the box.

On 8/29/2021 at 9:59 AM, Psychosomatic said:

Perfectly put (and all of your comments for that matter). I bought this thing on day one too and would have been happy with Galactus alone, but I am very happy to see everything else we are getting with it (including the goofy Doom head)... I hope next year they ...doing a Haslab Frost Giant!  It could come with...Warriors Three, Classic Valkyrie, Herald Thor, and Classic Beta Ray Bill..."

Be careful what you wish for.

I for one have no intention of paying $300-400.00 for something,  just so I can get figures that normally retail around $20.00+. 

For those of you that backed this, we know it was a nail biter there for awhile. But it got done. Congrats! You wanna bask in the afterglow now, feel free. But think about it long term....'cause I promise you, Hasbro sure is.

On 8/29/2021 at 2:14 PM, Atlantis said:

Be careful what you wish for.

I for one have no intention of paying $300-400.00 for something,  just so I can get figures that normally retail around $20.00+. 

For those of you that backed this, we know it was a nail biter there for awhile. But it got done. Congrats! You wanna bask in the afterglow now, feel free. But think about it long term....'cause I promise you, Hasbro sure is.

Agreed! In normal conditions Morg is not at all a MUST HAVE figure (im happy to get it), I wouldnt pay $30 for the silver surfer base to put on my Walgreen SS (Im happy to get it too), only excited about Nova coz Im fan of Byrne FF run. 

I wouldnt pay 350 bucks to back-up a Giant Frost ONLY to get one of the Warrior Three, like Im not paying the price of the Elvis MODOK to get the Captain, and guess what, I can live with that. We shld stop giving greedy ideas to Hasbro!

On 8/29/2021 at 11:59 AM, RyanDaly said:

I would love a Frost Giant, especially if it was easily customizable for troop building. Personally, I wouldn't want it to be as tall as Galactus. I would be fine if it was closer to the 20-24 inch range. The new Transformers HasLab project that they just unveiled is less than $200, which gives me hope that each project isn't going to try and top the previous venture. I would love if they scaled back a bit for the Frost Giants (not as big, no LED lights or electronics, less than 20 points of articulation in the hands, which just seems excessive) and offered them for $150-200. 

While your wishlist of unlockable figures is impressive, I can't see them giving away six highly desirable characters as stretch goals.  

Yes, it should be shorter than a Sentinel, yes I think they could produce it at a lower price point, and YES, I retract my suggestions for stretch goals (I just want them and they seem to be taking forever to be produced).  Probably would be better to create some obscure characters (like Foggy Nelson and Punisher from War of the Realms) for tiers, and just a ton of alternate heads, limbs and bellies so you could create a true Frost Giant army. If they were priced around $250 I would buy 4 without blinking an eye!