Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus

JayC

I'm pretty sure Doomhead was the last, but if there were ever a time you wanted to wow people and drop a surprise fifth tier goal that is something more than a dozen people might actually want, now (or the relatively imminent future) would be the time, Hasbro Marvel Legends Team.  With a little over 24 hours to go it doesn't seem like 2K more is out of the question for the last day if it's cool enough.

On 8/29/2021 at 9:28 PM, Virtualzach said:

Hey man, over on Reddit people are being virtually lynched for speaking out about the Doom head!  

Really?  Man, I mean, bluntly speaking I can usually find some kind of logic or rationale behind most of Hasbro's decisions, including most of the unpopular ones (usually that rationale boiling down to money).

But this one is just plain baffling to me, and like I said, really seems like a lark on the designers' part vs. something they thought a lot of folks might want.

On 8/29/2021 at 9:44 PM, Virtualzach said:

To be fair, it's mostly the same six or seven people using the "It's free, don't complain!" argument.  I mean, everyone is entitled to their opinion.  I don't believe anyone is buying a second one of these *because* of the Doom head, though.  Reddit should always be taken with a grain of salt.  

Oh well yeah.  I'm not really complaining so much as (like I said) baffled at the choice.  It's not going to knock my enjoyment of Galactus any, it's just not going to add to it, either.

On 8/29/2021 at 10:02 PM, RyanDaly said:

Truly, the biggest disappointment is if Hasbro had to use the final stretch goal on a silly indulgence, wouldn't we all have preferred interchangeable naked legs, instead? 

spacer.png

Lol, at least I would've found that a more funny joke, so....I guess I actually would have very marginally preferred that (but still wouldn't have been thrilled).

On 8/29/2021 at 8:44 PM, Virtualzach said:

To be fair, it's mostly the same six or seven people using the "It's free, don't complain!" argument.  I mean, everyone is entitled to their opinion.  I don't believe anyone is buying a second one of these *because* of the Doom head, though.  Reddit should always be taken with a grain of salt.  

To be fair also the 4th tier for the Sentinel was a useless head swap (for the innacuracy of the Tri-Sentinel) so from now we can start to think on the last tier as a joke to the collectors from Hasbro in future Haslabs.

Was really hoping for a classic head/helmet and G chest plate myself but I guess that seemed kinda unlikely since they included faceplates from the  start.

but whatever — everything else we’re getting out of this project is frickin lit so I remain super psyched; more than I ever was for Sentinel.

On 8/30/2021 at 3:31 AM, Legender said:

To be fair also the 4th tier for the Sentinel was a useless head swap (for the innacuracy of the Tri-Sentinel) so from now we can start to think on the last tier as a joke to the collectors from Hasbro in future Haslabs.

Not only that but it was created at the last minute. They never thought they would get that high and had to scramble for something. 

On 8/29/2021 at 6:54 PM, tarot said:

Not only that but it was created at the last minute. They never thought they would get that high and had to scramble for something. 

No doubt, but if that's so, they should've gone with a new special effect or explosion blast; something that wouldn't cost much but could be new and useful for other figures as well.

Yay, you all got your Sentinels & the big G. How bout now Hasbro starts making stuff in the more affordable $150-$200 price range. Give us classic  comic versions of  Hank Pym Giant man/Goliath-Marvel-Comics-Josten-a.thumb.jpg.07c50f0225ce39b3d24ad8fd47b5c170.jpg319725193_Alpha-Flight.grouppic.thumb.jpg.14846a17f9e8cfaaa3eed6496d9aba31.jpg1480833338_Giantman-vsSpidey.thumb.jpg.e342238945dc68156b131179370bb7d4.jpg1579319245_GoliathPym.thumb.jpg.156562fc06303b2ec2c381e8d7746bbd.jpgGoliath, Erik Josten Goliath, Classic Orka in the 16'-18' scale. They can come with extra alternate hands & 4 head sculpts. Stoic head, angry gritted teeth head, yelling head & unmasked head sculpt. No BS tiers. Make a 10' tall scale accurate Sasquatch with 3 alternate head sculpts & 3-4 sets of hands with a 6' scale Walter Langkowski figure & I'll easily throw $150+ at that! And a 10' scale classic Champion! That way, those of us who are not as rich as the Galactus/Sentinel backers  can get in on these Haslab  exclusives. 

On 8/30/2021 at 6:11 AM, Gigantor said:

Yay, you all got your Sentinels & the big G. How bout now Hasbro starts making stuff in the more affordable $150-$200 price range. Give us classic  comic versions of  Hank Pym Giant man/Goliath-Marvel-Comics-Josten-a.thumb.jpg.07c50f0225ce39b3d24ad8fd47b5c170.jpg319725193_Alpha-Flight.grouppic.thumb.jpg.14846a17f9e8cfaaa3eed6496d9aba31.jpg1480833338_Giantman-vsSpidey.thumb.jpg.e342238945dc68156b131179370bb7d4.jpg1579319245_GoliathPym.thumb.jpg.156562fc06303b2ec2c381e8d7746bbd.jpgGoliath, Erik Josten Goliath, Classic Orka in the 16'-18' scale. They can come with extra alternate hands & 4 head sculpts. Stoic head, angry gritted teeth head, yelling head & unmasked head sculpt. No BS tiers. Make a 10' tall scale accurate Sasquatch with 3 alternate head sculpts & 3-4 sets of hands with a 6' scale Walter Langkowski figure & I'll easily throw $150+ at that! And a 10' scale classic Champion! That way, those of us who are not as rich as the Galactus/Sentinel backers  can get in on these Haslab  exclusives. 

I can see it happening, TFs went from a $560 HasLab to now a $180 HasLab, which I am considering backing.

I could definitely go the premium route for any of the characters @Gigantorlisted, especially Sasquatch or Orka cuz those guys are legit 10 and 12 footers and they need to be done right. I know the Giant and Goliaths are gonna be some kind of Deluxe set. Hopefully they go the way of the Days of Future Past set where they included a 6" figure with the "giant" figure. I think a Giant Man needs a regular sized counterpart and same goes with Goliath, Atlas, etc. Just make it happen Hasbro. It doesn't necessarily have to be Haslab. Once you make a Giant Man mold, there have been so many incarnations and variations and different characters playing that role, that mold can be used many more times. It's an investment.

All 4 stretch goals for Hasbro's Marvel Legends Haslab Galactus campaign have now been unlocked. This includes the Marvel Legends Frankie Raye Nova, Silver Surfer and Morg figures as well as the alternate Doctor Doom Galactus headsculpt.

As I type this the campaign still has over 17hrs left until it ends and currently has 23,406 backers. This puts Galactus over the top of out-selling last years Sentinel campaign which topped out at 22,542 backers.

All-Galasctus-Stretch-Goals-Unlocked.jpg

On 8/30/2021 at 5:12 AM, JayC said:

All 4 stretch goals for Hasbro's Marvel Legends Haslab Galactus campaign have now been unlocked. This includes the Marvel Legends Frankie Raye Nova, Silver Surfer and Morg figures as well as the alternate Doctor Doom Galactus headsculpt.

As I type this the campaign still has over 17hrs left until it ends and currently has 23,406 backers. This puts Galactus over the top of out-selling last years Sentinel campaign which topped out at 22,542 backers.

All-Galasctus-Stretch-Goals-Unlocked.jpg

Glad they all got fulfilled but that Doom was a bummer. Just look at how silly it looks on that poster art. Nova, Silver Surfer, Morg, and bringing it home on the upper left corner..........a floating head. Still, if you had the $400 for Galactus, the extras are still extras, I suppose. Lol. Just kinda funny. I'm sure we'll see Firelord somewhere down the line.