Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus

JayC

On 8/30/2021 at 6:59 PM, Sasquatch said:

Yeah, I contemplated for a while (they are so similar to my Walgreens figures) but I broke down and preordered them. I figured I might regret it later if I didn't since I am a sucker for classic outfits. I'm sticking with my Walgreens Human Torch since I don't think the new retro one is better, but I did order the Pulse exclusive powered down Johnny.

Same I may do that as well. Then just face swap the Sue and put her body in the spare bin. Now I just need to decide between a Doom and I'm set

On 8/30/2021 at 6:47 PM, Virtualzach said:

Am I the only one that likes the Skrull wave costumes over the oldschool?  When that wave was released it was the first time I actually wanted a complete FF team (but with the older 'on fire' Johnny of course).  Everyone else seems to hate it and love the original costumes.  😞

Outside the beard I like them but I'd rather have a more classic version 

On 8/30/2021 at 1:56 PM, RyanDaly said:

Some people resist anything new. Nostalgia can be a dangerous thing.

There's nothing wrong with the new-ish black costumes (already outdated in the current comics), but for me the Fantastic Four's primary identifying color is blue. You wanna put them in white costumes for a year or two, fine. Red suits? Uhh, sure. Black with blue accents? Okay. But they always come back to blue eventually.

My bigger problem with the look from that era and that wave is Reed's beard. Reed Richards shaves, damnit, and that's a hill I will die on. 😉

My issue isn't with new outfits, its specifically about this botched face job they did for (upcoming) Sue. Yeah its a dead horse on this forum, but its gonna get beat on again and again because its just an example of sheer foolishness. There's zero reason to change from what they've already been doing. That money couldve been spent on alternate arms for Reed.

The real change for her should have been taking her off that teen body, and making it something more mature. And Mr. Fantastic's beard, yes, get rid of that thing. I dont mind it as an alternate head but they've taken it too far. Besides, his isn't as cool as mine is.

He and the Thing took off in the very beginning of their first fight with Big G to shave. LOL  😆

On 8/30/2021 at 6:01 PM, Atlantis said:

No matter how similar or different the costumes are, the face would/should stay the same.... 

I think in some cases, Hasbro should improve upon a figure whenever it has a chance to. My example would be the Red Skull wave Captain America. Good figure, but fat head! Then they released the better 80th Anniversary version of Cap. Same character but a much better sculpt and figure. So I don't think they should always stay with the same face, just for continuity or consistency. If an improvement is warranted, do it. In the case of Sue, they tried a different look and it went wrong.

On 8/30/2021 at 6:14 PM, Atlantis said:

Yeah its a dead horse on this forum, but its gonna get beat on again and again....

The real change for her should have been taking her off that teen body, and making it something more mature....

I can agree that putting Sue on a different body could have been a better change. The existing body does not bother me, but after seeing your comment and then looking at the figure, I could see her on a different body. That could have encouraged collectors like me who were on the fence about the upcoming Sue that they need to get this new one.

And I think it's good that we're beating the dead horse about this. It's been talked about on every forum I've seen and since the Hasbro people pay attention, it's good to let them know. And that's another reason why I said that Dan "feigned being hurt" by Wade's negative comment because there is no way they haven't heard the uproar about that face sculpt by now.

On 8/30/2021 at 6:51 PM, Sasquatch said:

And that's another reason why I said that Dan "feigned being hurt" by Wade's negative comment because there is no way they haven't heard the uproar about that face sculpt by now.

During the original livestream that launched the retro FF wave, when they got to Sue, Ryan asked Dwight what kind of hair style this Sue had, or how he would describe that hair. I think they were deliberately drawing attention to her head. In my mind, this was Ryan's passive-aggressive way of saying, "Dwight, wtf you do to her?" 😆

Currently at more than 28,000, twice the minimum backer requirement.

Also, Dan posted a video stressing once again that there will be something released in 2022 that will go with Galactus. Cue the speculation for which herald we're getting (Firelord, Terrax, Thor: Herald of Thunder, etc.) and how it'll be released (FF retro card, Love and Thunder wave, Marvels wave, BAF, exclusive, etc.).

On 8/30/2021 at 5:58 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Over 27k. They did this project all wrong and had no idea what they were doing! 😃

I'll raise you 1k and give you another 2 hours.  Prediction:  over 29k.

This will basically be $2 million past the final tier.  I know I'm not supposed to be "greedy" but a second tentacle (metaphorically speaking) is in order here.

On 8/30/2021 at 7:00 PM, RyanDaly said:

Currently over the total held by the Star Wars Razor Crest. We'll see if that holds out; someone mentioned it's not uncommon for the number to drop after the campaign ends because declined credit cards and such.

I didn't even think about that but you're right.  You'd think people would just cancel if they didn't want the thing but I guess if you pre-ordered a month ago, you might have either forgotten or used up that free space on your CC.  Personally, I can't wait to be charged so I know I'm locked in and there's no turning back.  😛  

Damn, that was an exciting campaign!  Very excited about having this one in my collection, and can't wait to see if Dan's cryptic comments about something in the regular line coinciding with the delivery of Galactus to be more heralds.  Now please make a Frost Giant for the next Haslab and price it around $200 - $250 with multiple heads and pieces for Troop Building! 🙂 

Wow, just, wow! I don't want to seem ungrateful, but over 30k of us backed this, I think we deserve another herald as a thank you. I mean seriously, Hasbro had no expectations this high, and now their profits from this project will far surpass their highest projections. I think it would be a nice gesture on their part.

On 8/30/2021 at 11:20 PM, Virtualzach said:

I didn't even think about that but you're right.  You'd think people would just cancel if they didn't want the thing but I guess if you pre-ordered a month ago, you might have either forgotten or used up that free space on your CC.  Personally, I can't wait to be charged so I know I'm locked in and there's no turning back.  😛  

Same. I am a bit worried since I just noticed for some reason it only has one of my last names on the card not both. Update got charged and it seems to be all good

On 8/30/2021 at 9:43 PM, RoMe00150 said:

Same. I am a bit worried since I just noticed for some reason it only has one of my last names on the card not both. Update got charged and it seems to be all good

Yep, just got my charge notification as well.  Hasbro's billing system is top notch!  

I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised this did so well.  I was one of the people who, just a few weeks ago, didn't think this was going to make it.  It creamed the Sentinel and without the whole 'army building' potential.  Heck, it even beat Star Wars Haslabs and I didn't think that'd be possible. 

If they had any doubt about doing additional Marvel Haslabs, this probably took care of them completely.  35" Fin Fang Foom next!  😉  

The Hasbro Marvel Legends Haslab Galactus campaign finally came to an end last night bringing in a total of 30,780 backers giving it the distinction I belive of being the highest selling Haslab campaign to date. Last years Sentinel ended with 22,542 backers and last years Star Wars Vintage Collection Mandalorian Razorcrest ended with 28,899 backers.

Besides getting the 32" tall Galactus, folks who decided to back this one will also get all four stretch goals from the project which includes a 6" Marvel Legends Frankie Raye Nova, Silver Surfer and Morg figures as well as the alternate Doctor Doom Galactus headsculpt. Hasbro has also teased the possibility of more Heralds being released at regular retail sometime next year that will go nicely with Galactus.

While folks will likely have at least a year to wait for Galactus to be released, last year's Sentinel is expect to begin shipping out to folks later next month. For now you can check out these new behind-the-scenes images of the Galactus figure which come via thegreattonino who is an artist that got to work on a production sample of the figure for Hasbro, painting it and getting it ready to be shown during the campaign.

Congrats to Hasbro and everyone who will be adding this one to their collections. The Hasbro Marvel Legends brand-team have hinted we will likely start seeing Marvel Legends based Haslab projects every year now, and after the success of this one it seems almost assured we will see another one in 2022. What do you think Hasbro should do for the next one???

Galactus-Paint-Master-01.jpg

Galactus-Paint-Master-02.jpg

Galactus-Paint-Master-03.jpg

Galactus-Paint-Master-04.jpg

Galactus-Paint-Master-05.jpg

On 8/31/2021 at 9:27 AM, tarot said:

Funny how people were saying this would never get backed or that it wouldn't unlock the tiers. Never underestimate the last minute backers by the looks of things.

There were two pretty slow weeks earlier this month when it was averaging less than 100 backers per day. That definitely supported people's doubts and fears; I figured we'd get Nova and that's it. A last minute bump is one thing, but to rocket up to roughly 1,500-2,000 new backers a day for the last week is quite a feat.