Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus

JayC

On 8/31/2021 at 12:49 PM, Atlantis said:

The Fantasticar and/or Punisher van is just as viable as any other project at this point. Neither can rationally be excluded if you're wanting a Quinjet.  As in any project, you can choose to back it or not.  I didn't back Galactus but would never want to deny it to anyone else. Keep in mind, just because you find something "dumb" doesn't mean everyone else does. 

I don't recall saying that I spoke for everyone--can you please quote this?

It's also a given that you don't speak for everyone either.  They're called "opinions" and we're all entitled to our own.  

P.S.  I don't really want a Quinjet, I just want Coulson, tbh.  For me (personally, as in myself, my own opinion, what I think and not speaking for anyone else), Marvel vehicles aren't an appealing prospect for future Haslabs.  I identify with those as more SW-specific collectibles because there are so many iconic ships, speeders, etc. that help define the franchise.  When I think "Marvel", my mind immediately goes to characters and not a black creeper van.  

Again, this is just my opinion in case there was any confusion.  

On 8/31/2021 at 5:03 PM, Virtualzach said:

P.S.  I don't really want a Quinjet, I just want Coulson, tbh. 

They made a Coulson though, and you can probably get him on the secondary market for a lot less than a HasLab Quinjet will cost (though still pretty pricey for a single fig).

Anyway...holy cow, over 30K buyers on Galactus.  That's actually unexpected to me but somehow not exactly surprising, if that makes sense?  Talk about a huge last day.

On 8/31/2021 at 2:00 PM, Gigantor said:

Hasbro refuses to make Marvel characters who can increase their hgt to giant proportions as a regular Walmart/Target product due to the ol tired excuse of "shelf space" so yeah, the only other option is as Haslab products.  I'd gladly pay $150-$200 for a 16' scaled Pym Goliath/Giantman/evil Goliath with alternate heads/ hands &  6' scale versions as we know they'll never get made in retail. Best they'll give you is an underscaled 13' tall Surter.  

Well they released that 16” MU Sentinel w. Wolverine for a bill on Amazon.🤷‍♂️ And included Wolverine. All for 100$!! so I can see them doing something like that again. Makes better sense to me with Giant Man because he has a pretty simple design that wouldn’t require all that detail like that of a sentinel and the buck would just scream reuse for other Giant Man designs or characters. Has Hasbro never surprised you with anything they revealed before?! 😉

On 8/31/2021 at 2:54 PM, bob_a_ferret said:

What is the reason for a DOOM head. Have I missed something is there a reference to this somewhere. Cause this is the only part of this I am not excited for its the weirdest thing the could possibly have chosen to do. Another herald  blast effects voice module anything makes more sense. I am not aware of Doom ever having Galactcus's body.  Frankly if it happened I am glad I missed it.  But anyone understand this choice????

Just a story from a comic that nobody cares from a really annoying writer.

I may wrap that Doom head like a baby and put it under the Christmas Tree as baby Jesus just for fun 👀

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 11:15 PM, leokearon said:

That's wouldn't be revealed until people actually get him

Imagine if the Sentinel arrived while the Galactus campaign was still going on, and people noticed the bad joints. Wonder oh I wonder what that would have done to the backers and the goals.....but surely, they didn't time it the way they did to avoid just that. Right?

On 9/21/2021 at 3:36 AM, Atlantis said:

Imagine if the Sentinel arrived while the Galactus campaign was still going on, and people noticed the bad joints. Wonder oh I wonder what that would have done to the backers and the goals.....but surely, they didn't time it the way they did to avoid just that. Right?

That would have been an interesting development. But I’m not sure it would have really changed much. 

On 9/21/2021 at 9:36 AM, Atlantis said:

Given the amount of backers, I'm not sure it would have made that big a difference, but I'm sure some might have been a bit more reluctant 

On 9/21/2021 at 4:36 AM, Atlantis said:

You're right, surely they did not.  I guarantee you Hasbro would have absolutely preferred to have had the Sentinel show up prior to the Galactus HasLab closing if at all possible.  Because they wouldn't have known there was a knee problem beforehand (Because if they did, they would have fixed it...also the problem is not universal, and has a simple fix...facts that folks like you seem to not like to include in your little jabs), and getting it delivered would have proven to all those folks saying "I sure wish Hasbro wouldn't have launched this until I got my Sentinel" that yes, they were in fact going to deliver.

By the same token, Hasbro actually delivered the Sentinel in the timeframe that they projected back in 2020.  So for your little conspiracy theory insinuation to work, the Sentinel's bad knee would have had to be something Hasbro PLANNED, which I'm sure even you can agree is a patently ludicrous idea.

• 2 months later...
On 9/21/2021 at 11:14 AM, Jmacq1 said:

You're right, surely they did not.  I guarantee you Hasbro would have absolutely preferred to have had the Sentinel show up prior to the Galactus HasLab closing if at all possible.  Because they wouldn't have known there was a knee problem beforehand (Because if they did, they would have fixed it...also the problem is not universal, and has a simple fix...facts that folks like you seem to not like to include in your little jabs), and getting it delivered would have proven to all those folks saying "I sure wish Hasbro wouldn't have launched this until I got my Sentinel" that yes, they were in fact going to deliver.

By the same token, Hasbro actually delivered the Sentinel in the timeframe that they projected back in 2020.  So for your little conspiracy theory insinuation to work, the Sentinel's bad knee would have had to be something Hasbro PLANNED, which I'm sure even you can agree is a patently ludicrous idea.

While I can still sympathize with those who got hit with the bad joints I must agree with this as fact. Out of my three orders, every joint have different degrees of variance, but only two of which I would call "bad joints", but as you mentioned they were easy enough fixes with a little effort.

To me this is no different than what can be expected of a standard ML figure. Sure, it's on a much larger scale, and on a much inflated price point, but if they can't make every joint perfect on a 6" figure how would you expect they could perfect it on a much larger, much heavier product which has an even larger weight strain on those joints. To me it was a small and, dare I say, almost expected issue from lift off so I was already prepared. Yes the joints will get weaker the more they are worked but considering the fact that Sentinels more or less just stand there with their hands extended in both the comics and in most displays, how much further stress should one expect to put on those joints?

Nothing about any loose joints, aside from them just falling apart altogether, woulda swayed me from Big G.

I am so happy and excited for this. I cnat believe we’re getting this. I’m really excited to have a premium and definitive Galactus that should be a lasting rendition in the collection for some years. I’m also really hoping they give us a cosmic wave that coincides with the ship date of galaxy us like they did with the Sentinel. A good way to get some more heralds and any other cosmic heroes we need to round out our shelves. 

On 12/21/2021 at 12:22 AM, Psychosomatic said:

The prototype they showed has gray joints. I think it looks great, but I get ya!

Yeah, I went back and took a look at the protype pics too, and there they are. Its not the end of the world, but I would definitely prefer completely purple fingers. I can see the grey/silver working on a Haslab figure like the Sentinel - showcasing the mechanical joints that make up the robot, but it just seems... unnecessary,  I guess is still the best word

On 8/31/2021 at 5:03 PM, Virtualzach said:

I don't recall saying that I spoke for everyone--can you please quote this?

It's also a given that you don't speak for everyone either.  They're called "opinions" and we're all entitled to our own.  

P.S.  I don't really want a Quinjet, I just want Coulson, tbh.  For me (personally, as in myself, my own opinion, what I think and not speaking for anyone else), Marvel vehicles aren't an appealing prospect for future Haslabs.  I identify with those as more SW-specific collectibles because there are so many iconic ships, speeders, etc. that help define the franchise.  When I think "Marvel", my mind immediately goes to characters and not a black creeper van.  

Again, this is just my opinion in case there was any confusion.  

I am with you on your line of thinking, Zach. Except for Ghost Rider, I could of done without all of these motorcycle sets.

Due to financial considerations, I doubt I ever get another Haslab figure than the Galactus I preordered. Hasbro might be able to get me on a few 80-100 buck a pop 12" figures like they did with Goliath and a couple of others in past. They could use Haslab for stuff like Celestials, or better yet, figure sets of 10 or more per crack. Imperial Guard is the first that comes to mind in that format. With 10 fig sets, they could keep the price down to 200 to 250 range.

So many ways to go, and like you said, we are just giving our own opinions. I was an electronic tech in my working days....not some marketing exec, although I did work in a comic store as a teen. 30 plus yrs ago.

On 12/22/2021 at 7:43 PM, Falls22 said:

With each new reveal and picture of this guy I am just so amazed at the scale, I know it’s not like super huge, but looking at this guy on a shelf or next to a regular figure. He’s huge! And articulated! So I’m very pleased and just can’t wait!!!

I whole heartedly agree with you. I had the original Toybiz baf Galactus for many years, selling it when I bought the MU Galactus, pictured above. Mainly because he was so much bigger. I thought that was the last Galactus I would ever buy, but yet here we are with this ginormous figure! It is really impressive. Plus he will tower over even my ancient Shogun Warriors. I never would have thought I'd have an action figure taller than them. Just simply an amazing piece of action figure heaven!

• 2 weeks later...