Jump to content

Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

Shown below is a new image posted by Hasbro's Dwight Stall showing the Haslab Marvel Legends Sentinel standing side-by-side with Galactus so you can see how much taller he is.

With just over 34 days left the Galactus figure has obtained 9,096 of the needed 14k backers for it to be fully funded. If you want more details or wish to back it you can CLICK HERE.

Hasbro will be holding another one of their Marvel Legends live-streams tomorrow (7/28) at 11am ET. Hopefully among other things Hasbro will provide us all with an update tomorrow on when we can expect the Sentinel to start shipping out to folks which they did not talk about at all in the last live-stream.

As always we will be providing full coverage of the live-stream event right here on MarvelousNews as it happens with all the new reveals and info.

Haslab-Sentinel-Vs-Galactus.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2021 at 7:47 PM, Gigantor said:

He's actually not that much taller than the Sentinel. His helmet from the eyebrows up adds like another 8-10 inches. What would be a good tier is an unhelmeted Galan head sculpt.

OMG, when have u seen Galactus (no Galan) without helmet? I may have missed that issue ... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2021 at 9:40 PM, Legender said:

OMG, when have u seen Galactus (no Galan) without helmet? I may have missed that issue ... 

Hercules Vol. 1 (1982), #4.  Hercules gets Galactus drunk (maybe - Galactus denies it, but I think he's just playing it off).  Anyway, Galactus gets toasty, takes off his helmet, and laughs.

1485175448_Screenshot(18).thumb.png.b6767ffb390299a53fb1dadae188a6ce.png1766960888_Screenshot(19).thumb.png.4678d11996a3e85fe304385a51e28836.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2021 at 9:40 PM, Legender said:

OMG, when have u seen Galactus (no Galan) without helmet? I may have missed that issue ... 

I remember seeing him unmasked in an early 80s Hercules Limited Series. Not sure if he still looks like this these days though

EB7213A4-946D-4B5B-B37F-F18AEFAEE388.jpeg

526C78CD-375F-4764-A0B6-51BE36992265.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2021 at 4:09 PM, RyanDaly said:

"...For example... I did not want The Hood. To me, he was not worth the $23 price tag. But... at that point Xemnu was worth the $23, because I only needed to purchase the one "dud" figure to get Xemnu...."

"... I didn't want Darkstar, Hologram Iron Man, or this version of Riri.....completing the Ursa Major BAF was the price of three figures, or roughly $70. To me, Ursa Major was not worth that much.....I've sometimes considered buying the Man-Thing BAF on eBay ... even though I love me some Man-Thing, I'm not dropping $70 on that one.."

Sound reasoning.

We know the purple/gold armor Riri's best known for is coming. No way its not.  And it wouldn't even surprise me if Ursa Major gets a re-do sooner than later (they're gonna wanna find a way to re-use that bear mold as much as possible!) and best believe, this time it'll come with a head with a movable jaw.

Speaking of re-do's, I'm surprised they haven't done Man-Thing again...but I'd expect a newer paint job version, maybe included in the Marvel Monsters box set coming this Halloween!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2021 at 10:13 PM, Atlantis said:

And it wouldn't even surprise me if Ursa Major gets a re-do sooner than later (they're gonna wanna find a way to re-use that bear mold as much as possible!) and best believe, this time it'll come with a head with a movable jaw.

There is no way this guy is not on the way.

UeamY0k.thumb.jpg.c5f3b22c4d814a315c9b3803ce9de56f.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I do think this project will be fully backed, Its just not something that is filling a long awaited hole in a collection. 

I think this is the most under-performing Haslab. The Jabba Sailbarge was funded much quicker and it was something people were buying in triplicate.

I think they would've done better doing a legends vehicle like a blackbird or a Fantasticar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2021 at 9:13 PM, Atlantis said:

And it wouldn't even surprise me if Ursa Major gets a re-do sooner than later (they're gonna wanna find a way to re-use that bear mold as much as possible!) and best believe, this time it'll come with a head with a movable jaw.

I'm much more interested in adding Grizzly to my collection if they redo Ursa with a different head and hands. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2021 at 10:22 PM, Flounnderr said:

I think this is the most under-performing Haslab. The Jabba Sailbarge was funded much quicker and it was something people were buying in triplicate.

You do realize that Galactus has the highest target of any previous Haslab projects (Sail Barge 5000, Sentinel & Razor Crest 6000 backers needed).   

Having said that, I think Hasbro should just release all the tiers they have planned so that more people can decide if they want to back the project.  What's the point in hiding it.  I think they might reveal something on the live stream tomorrow.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2021 at 9:22 PM, Flounnderr said:

I think this is the most under-performing Haslab.

Transformers Unicron -- goal: 8,000 backers. 

Star Wars Sail Barge -- goal: 5,000 backers. 

Star Wars Razor Crest -- goal: 6,000 backers. 

Marvel Legends Sentinel -- goal: 6,000 backers. 

 

Marvel Legends Galactus -- goal: 14,000 backers.

The expectations for this project are far greater than any previous HasLab project, and maybe the team will end up deciding they were too ambitious, we'll see. But for now it has already surpassed the target goals of every previous HasLab endeavor, most of which asked for less than half of the support Galactus needs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2021 at 6:21 PM, MonsterChris said:

There is no way this guy is not on the way.

UeamY0k.thumb.jpg.c5f3b22c4d814a315c9b3803ce9de56f.jpg

I can see that, yep, from a money standpoint. But to me this guy, the Gibbon, etc. are just so silly that the less said the better. Ross Andru, long time Spider-Man artist (and one of my least favorite) came up with this one. Dude, really....a guy in a bear suit?? What, were the gorilla suits all rented out that day? You just phoned that one in, didn't ya?

Of course they recently made Frog Man so nothing's off the table, no matter how ridiculous and foolish it may be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That sentinel and Galactus look great still a pass for me though.

On 7/28/2021 at 10:22 AM, Flounnderr said:

While I do think this project will be fully backed, Its just not something that is filling a long awaited hole in a collection. 

I think this is the most under-performing Haslab. The Jabba Sailbarge was funded much quicker and it was something people were buying in triplicate.

I think they would've done better doing a legends vehicle like a blackbird or a Fantasticar.

You're forgetting that life-sized cookie monster that didn't get funded hehe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2021 at 9:31 AM, Typhis said:

I wonder just how despite they'll get for this to get made? I bet they'll show something or leak something to try and entice people... Hear is and idea.... take a few hundred off and maybe.. I really don't see how this cost over $400...

I could see them extending the deadline if necessary but doubt very much they would lower the price. But yeah certainly they will promote Galactus during today’s event, and perhaps tell us some of the tier levels altho it seems doubtful they will reach more than 1 or 2 at this point

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2021 at 9:31 AM, Typhis said:

I wonder just how despite they'll get for this to get made? I bet they'll show something or leak something to try and entice people... Hear is and idea.... take a few hundred off and maybe.. I really don't see how this cost over $400...

Probably do like Unicron and push back the deadline.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2021 at 9:42 AM, leokearon said:

Probably do like Unicron and push back the deadline.

It will def get over 14k without doing anything like extending the deadline. Its got under 5k to go with over 30 days left. even if in the next few weeks it only picks up a couple thousand more people, it will get a boost in the final weeks as all these crowd sourcing things do. Also my guess they havent even added in all the overseas sales that are going on outside Hasbro Pulse. At some point when they add those in you will see the counter make a big jump all of a sudden. Its happened with every Haslab project to date.  I dont for see this project unlocking more than 1 or 2 tiers which may be all they planned for anyway, but if it didnt get over 14k I would be very very very surprised.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2021 at 3:12 PM, JayC said:

It will def get over 14k without doing anything like extending the deadline. Its got under 5k to go with over 30 days left. even if in the next few weeks it only picks up a couple thousand more people, it will get a boost in the final weeks as all these crowd sourcing things do. Also my guess they havent even added in all the overseas sales that are going on outside Hasbro Pulse. At some point when they add those in you will see the counter make a big jump all of a sudden. Its happened with every Haslab project to date.  I dont for see this project unlocking more than 1 or 2 tiers which may be all they planned for anyway, but if it didnt get over 14k I would be very very very surprised.

There also the fact that the Asian, mexico and other site haven't put it up yet, at least as far as I know as Dan Yun usually posts about that anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2021 at 12:46 AM, tarot said:

well one good thing came out of today's live stream. it gave the galactus a bit or boast. went from just over 9200 to nearl 9800 in a matter of hours.

Well, the more they keep him in the public's eye, the better chance for backers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE