Jump to content

Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

Dennis Miller

Day 42: SILVER SUREFR UNLOCKED! And 12+ hours later Hasbro finally announced what appears to be the final stretch goal: Morg. This announcement came after the Haslab Galactus campaign had already exceeded the previous goal by 1k, meaning Morg needs less than 2K backers with 3+ days remaining. While my linear and exponential 45.5-day estimates are both way off from reality, the true end point most definitely sits somewhen between them. Splitting the difference, I get 22,319. What do you think? Still feels a bit high to me...

Haslab_Galactus_info_day_42.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WOW, Morg, fanstastic! I did not even suspect he was going to be an option. I guess we have to thank Mr. Falcone for that tier. I did not buy the Sentinel Haslab figure last year, so the backing process is new to me this year with Galactus. I am really surprised how fast the backing has picked up in this last few days. I thought we may JUST get to 14,000, but now we have Nova, the Silver Surfer, and most likely Morg if this backing rate continues. The Galactus image they keep adding heralds to looks like it has room for one more... Firelord or Air Walker anyone?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It'll make 20k; the numbers/hour have been up, not down and three more 600 days will be easy.  But I think that'll be it.  I'm surprised on two counts:

1)  That they went from 1k tiers up to 2k for the last incentive.

2)  That this is the last tier.  I really would have been happier with an effect of some sort than another herald, especially this one.  And they could have easily done a single release of him after Galactus and sold a fair amount.

Who knows, maybe we'll get another 'thank you' like we did with the Sentinel!  Grats to every else who helped fund this!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hasbro has finally announced the third stretch goal for their Hasbro Marvel Legends Haslab Galactus campaign and it's for a Marvel Legends MORG figure. This one will require 20k backers in order to be unlocked and included along with the Marvel Legends Frankie Raye Nova and Silver Surfer figures. The campaign currently has 18,151 backers with about three days to go. It might be a tight stretch but I think less than 2k backers is doable.
 


This sounds like the final stretch goal that will be included with the project. In the video above they mentioned how this figure was one Jesse Falcon really pushed for and he also had mentioned in the original live-stream for this project the final stretch goal was really cool.

00-Marvel-Legends-Morg 1.jpg

00-Marvel-Legends-Morg 2.jpg

00-Marvel-Legends-Morg 3.jpg

00-Marvel-Legends-Morg 4.jpg

00-Marvel-Legends-Morg 5.jpg

00-Marvel-Legends-Morg 6.jpg

00-Marvel-Legends-Morg 7.jpg

00-Marvel-Legends-Morg.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok ... This is an unexpected and welcomed bonus ... but honestly I never have read a comic where this guy appears and I think on myself as a Marvel Hardcore Fan!

Glad for the people wanting this guy, Im happy with my Nova and Silver Surfer Effect 🤷‍♂️ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2021 at 8:01 PM, Legender said:

Ok ... This is an unexpected and welcomed bonus ... but honestly I never have read a comic where this guy appears and I think on myself as a Marvel Hardcore Fan!

Glad for the people wanting this guy, Im happy with my Nova and Silver Surfer Effect 🤷‍♂️ 

He's a pretty "old school" character.  Or well..."mid school" anyway.  His heyday was the mid-90's or so and as far as I'm aware he hasn't really had any major appearances since (but at least one or two "killed unceremoniously/offscreen" appearances in big cosmic events, I think).  For a while he was Galactus' most powerful Herald, and he was definitely his most psychotic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2021 at 7:44 PM, Virtualzach said:

I'm surprised on two counts:

1)  That they went from 1k tiers up to 2k for the last incentive.

If anything, Silver Surfer was the outlier.

  • Minimum backing number: 14,000
  • Tier 1/Nova unlocked: 16,000 ( +2,000)
  • Tier 2/Surfer unlocked: 17,000 ( +1,000)
  • Tier 3/Morg unlocked: 20,000 ( +3,000)

If Silver Surfer was unlocked at 18,000, every tier would've been 2,000 over the rest. I think they lowered the minimum for Silver Surfer because they already revealed that he was one of the tiers and it would be shitty to not make him available, and maybe they thought 17,000+ was their ceiling. They might be as surprised as we are that they've been getting more than a thousand new backers each of the last four days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Legender, the Morg character was part of the Silver Surfer comic that started in 1987, I believe, and ran for 150 issues. Some great writers and artists were a part of this run, including Steve Englehart, Jim Starlin, Ron Lim and Al Migrom. In addition to Morg becoming Galactus new herald, it brought in more new Elders of the Universe, the resurrection of Thanos (pre Infinity Gauntlet), and the death of Frankie Raye Nova... at Morgs hand no less. If you still read, I would try to pick up some trades of this run, it's still one of my favorite Marvel runs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2021 at 7:09 PM, Jormungand said:

Legender, the Morg character was part of the Silver Surfer comic that started in 1987, I believe, and ran for 150 issues. Some great writers and artists were a part of this run, including Steve Englehart, Jim Starlin, Ron Lim and Al Migrom. In addition to Morg becoming Galactus new herald, it brought in more new Elders of the Universe, the resurrection of Thanos (pre Infinity Gauntlet), and the death of Frankie Raye Nova... at Morgs hand no less. If you still read, I would try to pick up some trades of this run, it's still one of my favorite Marvel runs.

I definetly will take a look on the Heralds War!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2021 at 8:09 PM, Jormungand said:

Legender, the Morg character was part of the Silver Surfer comic that started in 1987, I believe, and ran for 150 issues. Some great writers and artists were a part of this run, including Steve Englehart, Jim Starlin, Ron Lim and Al Migrom. In addition to Morg becoming Galactus new herald, it brought in more new Elders of the Universe, the resurrection of Thanos (pre Infinity Gauntlet), and the death of Frankie Raye Nova... at Morgs hand no less. If you still read, I would try to pick up some trades of this run, it's still one of my favorite Marvel runs.

Yeah, it was a pretty great run, and the early portion leading all the way up the original Infinity Gauntlet storyline is a real classic.  I kinda lost track of it after the Herald Ordeal though.

Ron Lim is a seriously underrated artist, though.  That dude was one of the most consistent and hardworking artists of the late 80's/early 90's and kind of got overlooked/overshadowed thanks to the Image "revolution."  He was always fantastic on the cosmic stuff, and it takes some serious chops to take over from a comic book legend like George Perez and pull it off, but Lim did it on the original Infinity Gauntlet.

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice! Honestly, I only know this character from his 1994 Marvel Masterpieces trading card. Never saw him in a comic or anywhere else. I have been collecting some of the 90's Silver Surfer comics lately so I'm sure he'll show up during my reading eventually. Although I'm not super familiar with the character, he's pretty  awesome looking and wouldn't mind having him in figure form.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Holly effin' shyte. That thing is brand new sculpt. You can't tell me they did that just for this. This thing would have seen print either way. There's no way they set that aside for third tier with the possibility of it never being done. They paid for the sculpt. It's not like it's an easy mold reuse like Nova or Silver Surfer. Hasbro's not in the business of giving nice stuff out for free. They woulda (and will) got their money out of it eventually. Not that I don't like it. It's freaking amazing, but don't try and tell me this wasn't planned to be a general release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2021 at 6:48 PM, monron999 said:

Holly effin' shyte. That thing is brand new sculpt. You can't tell me they did that just for this. This thing would have seen print either way. There's no way they set that aside for third tier with the possibility of it never being done. They paid for the sculpt. It's not like it's an easy mold reuse like Nova or Silver Surfer. Hasbro's not in the business of giving nice stuff out for free. They woulda (and will) got their money out of it eventually. Not that I don't like it. It's freaking amazing, but don't try and tell me this wasn't planned to be a general release.

It's a 3D rendering.  Like they did for the AoA wave.  They probably have dozens of these things in queue, some of which we'll see, some maybe never.  I suspect most wave "reveals" will be like this going forward as it gives them a chance to build hype earlier than waiting for the actual prototypes to be finished.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What happened was Dwight made a sarcastic comment to the tune of “Galactus has army-building potential, right?” and people misinterpreted it as “[this] Galactus [toy] has army-building potential”. It’s not what he said, though. It’s another case of telephone and/or wishful thinking based on a misinterpreted Dwight quote.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2021 at 10:21 PM, Benn said:

What happened was Dwight made a sarcastic comment to the tune of “Galactus has army-building potential, right?” and people misinterpreted it as “[this] Galactus [toy] has army-building potential”. It’s not what he said, though. It’s another case of telephone and/or wishful thinking based on a misinterpreted Dwight quote.

I’d disagree in that original live stream he made indications of something in regards to one of the add ons that would give it army builder potential somehow, there was no sarcasm I detected, and then in the Boog interview seemed to even double down on that. It wasn’t until Shartimus pressed him a bit in his interview that Dwight started saying ridiculous things like people could buy a $400 figure so they could customize it into a Celestial.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE