Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus

JayC

On 8/27/2021 at 7:46 PM, JayC said:

From what Dan Yunn said in the wade livestream tonite it very much sounds like we will be seeing more Heralds releases somewhere in the regular line in 2022

Yeah, that was pretty amazing news and should be the proper motivation for anyone on the fence with this project. It was cool hearing Dan confirm a lot of things I suspected (# of backers needing to be higher to keep the price point what it is, and that Galactus was honestly worth the money regardless of any add-ons).  It was also interesting to see that he is affected by negative comments and feedback about the products, so people should try to understand that these guys work their asses off to make great products and aren't looking to screw us or not deliver.

On 8/27/2021 at 10:56 PM, Psychosomatic said:

Yeah, that was pretty amazing news and should be the proper motivation for anyone on the fence with this project. It was cool hearing Dan confirm a lot of things I suspected (# of backers needing to be higher to keep the price point what it is, and that Galactus was honestly worth the money regardless of any add-ons).  It was also interesting to see that he is affected by negative comments and feedback about the products, so people should try to understand that these guys work their asses off to make great products and aren't looking to screw us or not deliver.

Idk I was laughing pretty hard when Wade told Dan point blank the headsculpt on that retro invisible woman flat out sucked tonite.

On 8/27/2021 at 10:45 PM, JayC said:

I’d disagree in that original live stream he made indications of something in regards to one of the add ons that would give it army builder potential somehow, there was no sarcasm I detected, and then in the Boog interview seemed to even double down on that. It wasn’t until Shartimus pressed him a bit in his interview that Dwight started saying ridiculous things like people could buy a $400 figure so they could customize it into a Celestial.

Nah, people just seem to have a hard time reading Dwight's sarcasm. I never watched the Boog or Shartimus interviews, but it was very, very clear to me in the original stream that the context of his comment was "we realize sentinels were an army-builder and that was a big part of their success, so we better make light of the difference in scope here". Obviously, it backfired, but this is another case of "Thanos would really like the BAF of the villains wave". His sense of humour is wry, he doesn't choose his words very carefully, and beats on the livestreams happen very quickly, so it can be difficult to fully process each comment before the team moves on. Go back and watch that section of the original stream. He was being sarcastic.

On 8/27/2021 at 11:51 PM, Benn said:

Nah, people just seem to have a hard time reading Dwight's sarcasm. I never watched the Boog or Shartimus interviews, but it was very, very clear to me in the original stream that the context of his comment was "we realize sentinels were an army-builder and that was a big part of their success, so we better make light of the difference in scope here". Obviously, it backfired, but this is another case of "Thanos would really like the BAF of the villains wave". His sense of humour is wry, he doesn't choose his words very carefully, and beats on the livestreams happen very quickly, so it can be difficult to fully process each comment before the team moves on. Go back and watch that section of the original stream. He was being sarcastic.

I don’t recall there being any indication of some army builder aspect to this so that sounds about right.

I dunno, I was a huge comic collector during the 80s/ 90s.. the big Heralds  were obviously Surfer, Nova, Star lord, Terrax , never heard of this Morg  guy.. that’s all fine, he a bonus but f they had announced instead a tier that had a fan following then it would have been a give in. As it is, we may get a D list character that will be highly sought after only because it’s a Haslab tier. 

Thrilled about Nova, thrilled about Surfer even though I’ve found both versions in the wild.. but Morg..?!? Something as special as this version of Galactus should have been all well known Heralds.. just an opinion.

On 8/28/2021 at 12:18 AM, McHogan said:

I dunno, I was a huge comic collector during the 80s/ 90s.. the big Heralds  were obviously Surfer, Nova, Star lord, Terrax , never heard of this Morg  guy.. that’s all fine, he a bonus but f they had announced instead a tier that had a fan following then it would have been a give in. As it is, we may get a D list character that will be highly sought after only because it’s a Haslab tier. 

Thrilled about Nova, thrilled about Surfer even though I’ve found both versions in the wild.. but Morg..?!? Something as special as this version of Galactus should have been all well known Heralds.. just an opinion.

I think we will get the more well known heralds on their own releases. I think they know that a firelord can sell by itself. 

On 8/28/2021 at 2:18 AM, McHogan said:

While bigger names might have bumped it up more I feel like people would have been furious if the well known Heralds were locked behind Tiers. 

On 8/27/2021 at 7:16 PM, JayC said:

Idk I was laughing pretty hard when Wade told Dan point blank the headsculpt on that retro invisible woman flat out sucked tonite.

Yes!! At 15:44 Dan asked them what they thought of the FF wave and Wade (16:48) told him how bad that sculpt was. Dan clearly didn't like that, but like Wade said, "hey you asked!" I laughed at that one too.

But what bothered me was that not only was there no follow up as to if they would correct it before it gets in consumers' hands, they never asked why they changed her head in the first place. It really makes no sense whatsoever.

On 8/27/2021 at 9:03 PM, Virtualzach said:

It's a 3D rendering.  Like they did for the AoA wave.  They probably have dozens of these things in queue, some of which we'll see, some maybe never.  I suspect most wave "reveals" will be like this going forward as it gives them a chance to build hype earlier than waiting for the actual prototypes to be finished.  

I understand that, but they still had to pay an "artist" to "sculpt" it whether it be old school wax or on a computer design. They stopped doing any in house sculpts a long time ago. They use a third party studio (though I think there was talk about them buying them a while back) to do most, if not all their sculpting now. I suppose it may have a lot to do with the terms of the contract though. I suppose they could just pay the studio for a certain amount of yearly output and maybe several protos never get done, so anything is possible. It just seems like a lot was put into it just to make it a "bonus" situation that may never happen. Like I said, Hasbro is not in the business of doing stuff just to be nice.

On 8/28/2021 at 12:51 AM, Benn said:

It may not help that half the time I can't help but wonder if they've all had a few drinks before the livestreams start (particularly Dan and Dwight).

On 8/28/2021 at 1:29 AM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Firelord snd Air Walker would be visually stunning figures on their own and I think would sell well in a regular line.

I think there's a real good chance of Firelord showing up as a fan channel exclusive on a FF Retro card.  Air-Walker I could see filling out a Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 wave.  I would add that The Fallen One seems like the kind of character that would fit in well with the Walgreen's cosmic exclusives.

If, hypothetically, they were to add another tier goal to Galactus I'd put forth the following candidates:

Stardust - Like Morg, this is probably the only way we'd ever get her.  She'd be almost entirely a new sculpt with fairly limited reuse possibilities.

Franklin Richards (Adult) - A niche version of a character with a strong link to Galactus.  Only con is that I think some people would be upset we didn't get a teen/kid version first (Franklin and Val 2-Pack Hasbro?  Just sayin'....) 

Red Shift - Another more recent and obscure Herald, and probably more importantly (for Hasbro), one that can largely be made with existing parts.

Punisher Robot - I would add the caveat that if Hasbro were to make this a Tier goal I'd really like to see them offer it as a "deluxe troop builder" on Hasbro Pulse later.

Thor, Herald of Galactus - The only reason I hesitate on this one is that I bet we get this design in the mainline before long since it's gotten exposure in other places (like Fortnite).

Galen of Taa - Pretty self-explanatory and obvious, I would imagine.  Though conversely they could do...

Unmasked Galactus Head - 'nuff said.

I'm not big (no pun intended) on FX pieces sized to Galactus if only because they'd likely start getting big enough that storing the accessories might be almost as much of a challenge as storing the figure (when it's not on display).