Jump to content

Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 8/31/2021 at 2:03 AM, enzosaurusrex said:

I certainly understand the jokes about Sue's face sculpt but I think the AOA Shadowcat is just as ugly. Was there ever a backlash over that?

71SRM6AVWUS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

 

On 8/31/2021 at 3:35 AM, LordVenger said:

Eh. This may not be great but it’s not sue ugly. Just my opinion though. Ha 

Yeah, it's not my favorite look for Kitty and I doubt I will display her (although I did pre-order the wave to get Colossus), but it's not as bad as Sue.

Yesterday, I looked to see some popular Youtubers' reaction to Sue's reveal because I had not seen their reaction and wanted to see if they said anything about it, and I saw that even people like Shartimus and Boog said Sue's face is bad during the first reveal about 3 weeks ago. So it sounds like it's a common feeling that Sue's face is bad and I'd bet that the Hasbro reps have heard the comments.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2021 at 9:22 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Ryan Ting posted this picture 😆

3465429F-5337-47DE-A7B6-BD123B577FC1.thumb.jpeg.29d8a6e27c0c346e6157edcf846ebdec.jpeg

lol!  I love it!  The real problem now is...how are they going to top it?  In terms of epic A-list Marvel characters, I don't know who else they could bring out to dethrone the Galactus Haslab.  Would I love a Haslab-sized Fin Fang Foom?  Of course.  I'm just not sure 30k other people would and Fin is much less well-known and appreciated than Galactus.   They're going to have to dig deep for 2022...

And, while they're at it, please remake a Blob deluxe figure.  I would gladly drop $50 for him and my Brotherhood guys just look so incomplete without him.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2021 at 11:39 AM, Virtualzach said:

lol!  I love it!  The real problem now is...how are they going to top it?  In terms of epic A-list Marvel characters, I don't know who else they could bring out to dethrone the Galactus Haslab.  Would I love a Haslab-sized Fin Fang Foom?  Of course.  I'm just not sure 30k other people would and Fin is much less well-known and appreciated than Galactus.   They're going to have to dig deep for 2022...

And, while they're at it, please remake a Blob deluxe figure.  I would gladly drop $50 for him and my Brotherhood guys just look so incomplete without him.  

I can absolutely see them doing Foom one of these times, if not next year. Especially since he is much closer up there on Sentinel & Galactus’ level than any other XL character, I’d imagine. 

But Blob seems unnecessary as a project, imo. He is a big fat want in the community and he’d do just fine at retail if made as a closed box build-a-deluxe, like MODOK was. Hoping the same might happen for Mojo too. Having a short time frame to get these much smaller affordable guys just doesn’t sound appealing to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/30/2021 at 5:51 PM, RyanDaly said:

"Also, Dan posted a video stressing once again that there will be something released in 2022 that will go with Galactus. Cue the speculation for which herald we're getting (Firelord, Terrax,)..."

I for one was very relieved that Firelord wasn't on this thing. Now we can get him and Air Walker in a much more accessible route. I'd be very surprised if Terrax doesn't show next year too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2021 at 9:54 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

I can absolutely see them doing Foom one of these times, if not next year. Especially since he is much closer up there on Sentinel & Galactus’ level than any other XL character, I’d imagine. 

But Blob seems unnecessary as a project, imo. He is a big fat want in the community and he’d do just fine at retail if made as a closed box build-a-deluxe, like MODOK was. Hoping the same might happen for Mojo too. Having a short time frame to get these much smaller affordable guys just doesn’t sound appealing to me.

For sure, I meant Blob as a deluxe and not a Haslab.  🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Imo, they don't have to top anything. FFF? Tell me, what tiers are they gonna add to a fire breathing Dragon in shorts? A giant flame FX & what else... A Dr Doom head? Like I posted earlier, start giving us 16"-18" scaled large sized characters such as Pym's  alter egos Giant man & Goliath along with 6' scaled versions. Screw Atlas, Masters of evil Erik Josten Goliath can be done from a Pym Goliath, just different paint scheme, head sculpt.Goliath-Marvel-Comics-Josten-a.thumb.jpg.07c50f0225ce39b3d24ad8fd47b5c170.jpg447021852_Mastersofevil1.thumb.jpg.1da94a267929021effa1d22a015d48f6.jpg We still need a classic Moonstone,  Fixer, in scale Absorbing man, Titania, classic Zemo & In scale classic Wrecking crew! Hasbro screwed the pooch with Hyde so I'm hoping they do a redo of him on a smaller scale with classic Buscema head sculpt. The Zemo  led 3rd incarnation of the MOE is the most powerful version of any of the pre/post versions & needs to be completed in the ML line. 

427931462_MrHyde1.thumb.jpg.c3848fbe81dba0caccc65ab6716f72e7.jpg1250375772_ThorvsMrHyde.thumb.jpg.26e3d73a756cc922a0b8e6870630b096.jpg907977558_MrHydevsBK.thumb.jpg.caf47e263bac7eca8881e31beea1f562.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2021 at 8:54 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

"...But Blob seems unnecessary as a project, imo. He is a big fat want in the community and he’d do just fine at retail if made as a closed box build-a-deluxe, like MODOK was...Having a short time frame to get these much smaller affordable guys just doesn’t sound appealing to me..."

Yeah listening to that youtube Hasbro livestream coverage , one of the commenters was all about paying $50.00 for figures that are done "well", like the modular Iron Man from the Ursa BAF. Well sure why not. Once Hasbro sees guys willing and happy to pay $400.00 for a figure, surely $50.00 isnt so bad. 

These people are nuts. I said it before....Be Careful What You Wish For. They're all jazzed about Galactus that they can't see straight. But best believe, Hasbro sees....like the All Seeing Eye of Agamotto....they SEE...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since everyone seems to be in speculation mode around heralds, and future waves, here are some thoughts and ideas - Hasbro are clearly getting better than they have ever been at getting product into our hands (BAF waves, Comic, MCU, Retro, store exclusives, Deluxe figures, Haslab), so really anything we want now has a good chance of getting done! I mean who would have thought we would see a Zombie Cap in the ML line?  Now, we still haven't seen the Warriors Three, Classic costumed versions of New Mutants (or Doctor Strange, Power Man, Iron Fist, Ronan, Drax, Valkyrie), and we also have no Ghost Rider villains, and we still need re-done versions of Blob and Toad (but I would bet we will see them in 2022), so those are the ones I hope we see in the next few years! Happy to be checking Skrull foot soldiers, Hand foot soldiers, and Hellfire Goons off my list, but can we please get some Frost Giants please?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2021 at 12:30 PM, Gigantor said:

Imo, they don't have to top anything. FFF? Tell me, what tiers are they gonna add to a fire breathing Dragon in shorts? A giant flame FX & what else... A Dr Doom head? Like I posted earlier, start giving us 16"-18" scaled large sized characters such as Pym's  alter egos Giant man & Goliath along with 6' scaled versions. Screw Atlas, Masters of evil Erik Josten Goliath can be done from a Pym Goliath, just different paint scheme, head sculpt.Goliath-Marvel-Comics-Josten-a.thumb.jpg.07c50f0225ce39b3d24ad8fd47b5c170.jpg447021852_Mastersofevil1.thumb.jpg.1da94a267929021effa1d22a015d48f6.jpg We still need a classic Moonstone,  Fixer, in scale Absorbing man, Titania, classic Zemo & In scale classic Wrecking crew! Hasbro screwed the pooch with Hyde so I'm hoping they do a redo of him on a smaller scale with classic Buscema head sculpt. The Zemo  led 3rd incarnation of the MOE is the most powerful version of any of the pre/post versions & needs to be completed in the ML line. 

427931462_MrHyde1.thumb.jpg.c3848fbe81dba0caccc65ab6716f72e7.jpg1250375772_ThorvsMrHyde.thumb.jpg.26e3d73a756cc922a0b8e6870630b096.jpg907977558_MrHydevsBK.thumb.jpg.caf47e263bac7eca8881e31beea1f562.jpg


Some of us were talking about Foom ideas yesterday in the 2022 prediction thread. I think those Giant Man ideas are great but you aren’t saying for haslab, right? Because then no way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2021 at 1:51 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:


Some of us were talking about Foom ideas yesterday in the 2022 prediction thread. I think those Giant Man ideas are great but you aren’t saying for haslab, right? Because then no way.

Hasbro refuses to make Marvel characters who can increase their hgt to giant proportions as a regular Walmart/Target product due to the ol tired excuse of "shelf space" so yeah, the only other option is as Haslab products.  I'd gladly pay $150-$200 for a 16' scaled Pym Goliath/Giantman/evil Goliath with alternate heads/ hands &  6' scale versions as we know they'll never get made in retail. Best they'll give you is an underscaled 13' tall Surter.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2021 at 10:30 AM, Gigantor said:

Imo, they don't have to top anything. FFF? Tell me, what tiers are they gonna add to a fire breathing Dragon in shorts? A giant flame FX & what else... A Dr Doom head? . 

 

Foom has connections, comic-wise, to the Collector, the Mandarin and several other mid to high profile characters.  They could easily justify the inclusion of some of these as tiers, along with some killer fire effects.  And, yes....of course a Doom head.  In fact, I would like to see every Haslab project going forward, regardless of the IP, include a Doom head as the final tier.  

I dunno, if they can get people excited about the Rancor, which is basically just another big monster thing, Fin has potential.  I just can't think of any other large scale heroes or villains that would necessitate Haslab backing.  Please no one suggest the frickin' Fantasticar or Punisher van...I just cringe when I think about that dumb "car".  

P.S. I would back a Quinjet if it came with an Agent Coulson.  I *need* Coulson.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2021 at 12:00 PM, Gigantor said:

Hasbro refuses to make Marvel characters who can increase their hgt to giant proportions as a regular Walmart/Target product due to the ol tired excuse of "shelf space" so yeah, the only other option is as Haslab products.  I'd gladly pay $150-$200 for a 16' scaled Pym Goliath/Giantman/evil Goliath with alternate heads/ hands &  6' scale versions as we know they'll never get made in retail. Best they'll give you is an underscaled 13' tall Surter.  

I'm not buying that "shelf space" crap either.  I bought my kid one of those LOL dollhouse things a few years ago and it was HUUUUGE (and on a shelf) at only $100.  And at Walmart.  That's the silliest excuse I've ever heard: "We can't make the figures bigger because the stores won't let us put big boxes on their shelves!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2021 at 11:00 AM, Virtualzach said:

"...please no one suggest the frickin' Fantasticar or Punisher van...I just cringe when I think about that dumb "car".  P.S. I would back a Quinjet..."

The Fantasticar and/or Punisher van is just as viable as any other project at this point. Neither can rationally be excluded if you're wanting a Quinjet.  As in any project, you can choose to back it or not.  I didn't back Galactus but would never want to deny it to anyone else. Keep in mind, just because you find something "dumb" doesn't mean everyone else does. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is the reason for a DOOM head. Have I missed something is there a reference to this somewhere. Cause this is the only part of this I am not excited for its the weirdest thing the could possibly have chosen to do. Another herald  blast effects voice module anything makes more sense. I am not aware of Doom ever having Galactcus's body.  Frankly if it happened I am glad I missed it.  But anyone understand this choice????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2021 at 8:49 PM, Atlantis said:

The Fantasticar and/or Punisher van is just as viable as any other project at this point. Neither can rationally be excluded if you're wanting a Quinjet.  As in any project, you can choose to back it or not.  I didn't back Galactus but would never want to deny it to anyone else. Keep in mind, just because you find something "dumb" doesn't mean everyone else does. 

That's should be the general rule for collecting. If you don't like something, doesn't mean every body else does. If you want to buy, buy it. If anyone says you shouldn't show them the door. if you can't afford it, that is understandable. It's a hobby. It's supposed to be a fun side activity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2021 at 8:54 PM, bob_a_ferret said:

What is the reason for a DOOM head. Have I missed something is there a reference to this somewhere. Cause this is the only part of this I am not excited for its the weirdest thing the could possibly have chosen to do. Another herald  blast effects voice module anything makes more sense. I am not aware of Doom ever having Galactcus's body.  Frankly if it happened I am glad I missed it.  But anyone understand this choice????

We gone over what this was about a few pages back but here - Dr. Doom (Doom Universe)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2021 at 2:03 PM, Virtualzach said:

I'm not buying that "shelf space" crap either.  I bought my kid one of those LOL dollhouse things a few years ago and it was HUUUUGE (and on a shelf) at only $100.  And at Walmart.  That's the silliest excuse I've ever heard: "We can't make the figures bigger because the stores won't let us put big boxes on their shelves!"

Well of course they carry dollhouses bc all little girls since the beginning of time  want/get those! 😄

I was baffled by this before too but remember coming across this video of guy giving some insight on shelf space + exclusives, etc. of how it all works with these retailers. Dug it up in case you’d like to check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BawOo8lgyjE

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking towards next year, Dwight said something about making smaller large figures in the future. I feel 2022 may be a good year to try that. All those who have shelled out over $800 for the Sentinel and Galactus, including tax, will need a breather. If that's the case, I put my vote in for Dragon Man. He seems to be a pretty universally liked/wanted figure and Hasbro has never made him. The old ToyBiz figure goes for a ridiculous amount of money and many sold online are foreign knock-offs. He could be 14-16" tall and tiers could include Franklin and Valeria Richards plus another Future Foundation member like Bentley 23, Leech or Artie. And as a fourth tier, in keeping with this years reveal, we could just get a pair of bifocal reading glasses like he wears these days in the comics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE