MAFEX Black Costume Spider-Man And Classic Iron Man Figures Revealed From Medicom

JayC

Images have surfaced on social media from an overseas Medicom exhibition which reveals two new Marvel based MAFEX figures which includes the Black Costume Symbiote Spider-Man and Classic Iron Man. Stay-tuned for more details on these two figures to come soon.

Mafex-Black-Classic-Iron-Man-01.jpg

Mafex-Black-Costume-Spider-Man-01.jpg

Wow these are great looking. Happy to stay with Legends, no way I could replicate my ML collection with MAFEX for the cost alone but these are amazing.

That shiny red armor is a thing of beauty. I worry a little on that Spidey. People will want to get him into dynamic poses and from my experience, the MAFEX figures tend to pop apart if you move them too much. At least my Justice League ones do. 

The Medicom overseas exhibition continues and with it we see more new MAFEX Marvel figures. Yesterday we saw the Black Costume Spider-Man and Classic Iron Man. Today thanks to Twitter we have looks at additional MAFEX figures on display including seeing for the first time a X-Factor Cyclops in blue and white as well as a Ben Reilly Spider-Man figure.

MAFEX-Marvel-01.jpg

MAFEX-Marvel-02.jpg

MAFEX-Marvel-03.jpg

MAFEX-Marvel-04.jpg

MAFEX-Marvel-05.jpg

MAFEX-Marvel-06.jpg

MAFEX-Marvel-07.jpg

MAFEX-Marvel-08.jpg

On 7/21/2021 at 2:19 PM, McHogan said:

That shiny red armor is a thing of beauty. I worry a little on that Spidey. People will want to get him into dynamic poses and from my experience, the MAFEX figures tend to pop apart if you move them too much. At least my Justice League ones do. 

Been there bro, they are quite quick to fall apart and actually really brittle. They look beautiful, to be sure, but they are 100% collector intended. There is no "playing" with these figures. I like em, I understand why people prefer them, but they are just a little too pricey and a little bit too delicate for my taste. As much as I love to #$## and complain about ML, they are about the right balance of form and function for me.

On 7/22/2021 at 9:24 AM, monron999 said:

Been there bro, they are quite quick to fall apart and actually really brittle. They look beautiful, to be sure, but they are 100% collector intended. There is no "playing" with these figures. I like em, I understand why people prefer them, but they are just a little too pricey and a little bit too delicate for my taste. As much as I love to #$## and complain about ML, they are about the right balance of form and function for me.

This exactly. Especially with the fine work Hasbro is doing these past years, Legends is by far the best deal in terms of quality, durability and lately, variety.

even with the price increase Legends will be my action figure fix for years to come

I know that this exhibition just unveiled an Iron Man figure, but at the risk of sounding greedy I will say that I would have liked to see an Iron Man MK 50 between that Infinity War Thor and Infinity War Captain America. I find it kinda weird that Iron Man is one of the figures from Infinity War that they haven't tackled. On the flip side, I would like to believe that means he's got to be next after Strange.

The brittleness of these figs along with not only the price point but the slightly smaller scale is what's prevented me from getting a few figs from this line. HUSH Bats & Supes are awesome looking but can't be standing the same hgt as ML Retro Spidey. That classic Ironman is a thing of beauty but is probably a good quarter inch too short for insertion in my classic Avengers lineup & replacing my ML classic shell head.

Based on this tweet, this exhibition had more figures displayed, but photography of the unpainted prototypes was forbidden. These figures are battle damaged MK 85, Rescue, Iron Man MK 50 with a heap of nano weapons and X-Force Wolverine.

I'm excited to hear about the Iron Man MK 50, especially since it will come with a lot of accessories. I'll make sure to save up for that one. The battle damaged MK 85 is interesting news, since the regular release already comes with the Infinity Stones. I hope they do the battle damage better than Figuarts did. Now I'm debating whether to get this one or the regular version. This version will be more screen-accurate for the "I am Iron Man" moment, but the other version will be more versatile. Well, since it's in the unpainted prototype stage, I guess I have plenty of time to think about it.