Hasbro Announces Second July Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - What If?

JayC

Of the Watcher Wave, Captain Carter and maybe Sylvie are the only real must gets so far, which is a shame as the Watcher does look nice.. The Hydra Stomper is solid.

The Black Ninja looks interesting, kind of wishing for a green variant to make a True Believer.

Dwight teased some grey square accessory piece which was barely on camera while telling people to keep things civil on social media and think about valor faith and respect instead of hate. Not sure if all that was part of the tease or what.

Panel ends.

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-What-If-16.jpg

Vulture - being a Target exclusive means I'll have a slim chance of getting it.  Which is a shame, since I've wanted a deluxe version of this for years.

Watcher - something we've all been asking for for a while now...and it's the BAF for a wave that makes no sense.  Where Hydra Stomper would have.  Should have switched these two.

Galactus - good opportunity to do some major plugging/reveals here but barely said anything about him.  Missed opportunity.

All in all, great reveals but poor avenues for distribution.  I suspect the Watcher will be RRed at some point as a deluxe so they can re-use the model but it'll be quite a while.  I sort of feel like they're releasing too many figures these days.  I used to be able to keep up easily with new wave releases but now there are FIVE in production that I have on pre-order and more keep coming before those are even out...

On 7/28/2021 at 11:02 AM, JayC said:

Dwight teased some grey square accessory piece which was barely on camera while telling people to keep things civil on social media and think about valor faith and respect instead of hate. Not sure if all that was part of the tease or what.

Panel ends.

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-What-If-16.jpg

Psycho Man's control box?

On 7/28/2021 at 12:06 PM, bashpics99 said:

yeah the refrain of not wanting to create "fear,doubt, and hate" was a pretty big giveaway.

Although i think it was already heavily rumoured or leaked that he was coming

LOL, it was so weird it threw me off for a min. I was like what???? and I was having a hard time seeing what he was holding. I was like waiting for him to hold it up.

On 7/28/2021 at 12:10 PM, RyanDaly said:

We expected the Hand ninja to eventually be re-released as an army builder, but I am surprised they're doing it this early. 

My guess it was quick and easy to do and wanted it ready for Pulse-Con

The Q&A session was a complete waste of time.  Hasbro doesn’t need to do that ever again.

If they are going to make a wave for every movie and every Disney+ show where are they going to fit in comic characters?  I can’t believe we got that Dr. Strange when we so desperately need a classic Dr. Strange.  

On 7/28/2021 at 11:13 AM, CAC said:

The Q&A session was a complete waste of time.  Hasbro doesn’t need to do that ever again.

If they are going to make a wave for every movie and every Disney+ show where are they going to fit in comic characters?  I can’t believe we got that Dr. Strange when we so desperately need a classic Dr. Strange.  

It’s obvious there’s going to be a classic one using some of those parts just not this year 

On 7/28/2021 at 11:09 AM, tarot said:

Question, does anyone remember the name of the black ninjas that helped Punisher out before? We know Hand Ninja are usually in red but there was a Black Ninja clan.

I don't remember ninjas with the Punisher, but I'm thinking of the Yashida clan from Wolverine. Could be cool to place some of these black ninjas with Silver Samurai.

I already own the original Baf, but I was expecting Hasbro to re-release Vulture in a 2-pack with the etch suit Spider-Man. I will definitely pick him up for fun posing while keeping the BAF hanging on my ceiling. As for the What-if figures. I am only interested in The Watcher and Sylvie, but Watcher is a pass since he is a BAF and none of the other figures interest me.

On 7/28/2021 at 11:29 AM, Typhis said:

so it looks like only 4 figures have the BAF pieces...right... also it wish they didn't look so cartoony...I know it from the cartoon

Yeah, that's weird that only four have BAF pieces. Why not at least split the arms up over Captain Carter and Zombie Captain America?

I didn't mind getting the cartoonish-looking figures from Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, but none of these animated figures work for me. I know the What If...? show is animated, but given that it's part of the MCU I'm a little surprised they didn't try to make the characters look like their live-action selves.

I like the style of the What if wave and will be getting them all (damn my addiction) but will only be displaying the Captain Carter (as she can work for the Exiles version), Sylvie (can work for the Sylvie character from the comics), Nebula (just because I want a difference version from the MCU one) and Watcher (tired of the Select version and this looks classic enough for me). Hydra Stomper is cool so will be getting it as well.

Binary might just replace the Warbird Danvers in my display but this really make the call for Starjammers more important.

Was getting Tigra anyway but her being a Fan Channels exclusive is a bonus for me.

Couldn't care less for the Vulture but am glad that people can buy him whole.

Will get the Ninja but I will use it as a allie for Punisher, once I find out what clan it is from. Hopefully the Chaste will be next.

Psycho Man is a most. Classic F4 villain and a want of mine for a while

On 7/28/2021 at 12:13 PM, CAC said:

They put so much stuff out and not everything is going to appeal to everyone. We've certainly gotten comic Strange's before and with another movie I am sure we will again.