Hasbro Announces Second July Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - What If?

JayC

According to Scott on Facebook the new Marvel Legends Deluxe What If...? Hydra Stomper figure is already hitting selves in Canada at Toys R' Us. No sign of it in the US yet but likely it will be hitting soon. You can also pre-order it still from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Hydra-Stomper.jpg

Those Stompers just look badd azz. I simply have no need or desire for a What If? based display right now. And if the last 2 episodes are any indication as to how up and down this thing is gonna go, I might have to drop the show as well.

Episode one was pretty good, but episode two, who wrote that thing? It was embarrassing. At first I thought it was just tongue in cheek, but naw, it was cringe through and through, from start till stop. All that damn fawning all over T'Challa thing went the entire show. What would happen if T'Challa was Starlord? Basically, he would do everything right, the entire universe would love and revere him and he could even sweet talk the most evil being in the universe into dropping his quest to destroy half of life in the entire universe and become his own personal stooge. Oh, and Peter, he's still a screw up but now he's only mopping floors instead of being a space douche. Why bother to steal anything? Why not just walk in and ask for it? I literally fell asleep, yet I had picked up enough of it waking and falling that I already knew I had no desire to rewatch it. It was like the last 10 minutes of Falcon and Winter Soldier. If I didn't actually see it, it never happened in my mind and I could go on loving the MCU still. Let's see what episode three has in store.

I was at a Toys R Us, yesterday searching for cool new Bakugan. While I did not see the Hydra Stomper. I did see and purchased an early copy of the Infinity Saga Endgame Thor. I freaking love that figure. I do wish we had the wrap around lightning effect for his lightning blast though. It was really hard to wrap the effect around his hand to make it look like he is shooting a lightning blast.

Interesting the Hydra Stomper is already out here in Canada, but where in Canada? I have not heard of anyone in the community seeing this yet, Scott on Facebook? hmmm, anyways cool I hope that means the other figures are dropping soon then.

On 8/25/2021 at 12:09 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Interesting the Hydra Stomper is already out here in Canada, but where in Canada? I have not heard of anyone in the community seeing this yet, Scott on Facebook? hmmm, anyways cool I hope that means the other figures are dropping soon then.

It's in Langley/Vancouver, BC. We rarely get things here first compared to Eastern Canada/Ontario.

The only ones I remember was that first release Scarlet Witch and Vision 2-Pack and the Hydra Army Builder 2-Pack, so it's definitely a surprise it showed up here first.

On 8/25/2021 at 11:19 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

It's in Langley/Vancouver, BC. We rarely get things here first compared to Eastern Canada/Ontario.

The only ones I remember was that first release Scarlet Witch and Vision 2-Pack and the Hydra Army Builder 2-Pack, so it's definitely a surprise it showed up here first.

Yeah and so much earlier then estimated, wasn't this wave said to be coming out in Jan 2022? which obviously is a placeholder but that's mighty early.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 7:31 AM, JayC said:

Binary next Walgreens cosmic exclusive. Last Cosmic theme figure for the series.

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-What-If-11 1.jpg

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-What-If-11.jpg

Bah! Jokable! Nonsense and foolishness! No word on the appearance of this figure, still nothing from Walgreens. Although I'm not even sure I want it because of that weak choice for a body buck. 

By the way....how did Walgreens ever get the go ahead for holding onto an "exclusive" line with Hasbro?? They never have the figures anyway...

On 7/21/2021 at 8:12 AM, JayC said:

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-What-If-12 7.jpg

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-What-If-12 9.jpg

Tigra cannot get here soon enough. I really liked Byrne's way of drawing her eyes. Hopefully Mockingbird will be out too- never really cared for her as a character, but they may as well round out the Avengers West Coast and besides, they just did Lady Deathstrike so the sleeves are already taken care of.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 3:59 PM, Atlantis said:

Still no Nova, Quasar....pretty certain Fallen Surfer isn't gonna show, and of course there's no Binary out this way, nor on walgreens' website....

You want me to order you a Binary ? she's supposed to hit Gamestop here in Canada on October 29th, She's still up for pre-order.