Hasbro Announces Second July Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - What If?

JayC

On 7/28/2021 at 10:31 PM, SpiderS said:

"...super disappointing to see Binary on that inaccurate  skinny Kate Bishop body when they did black cat reusing moonstone mold or even better they could have used new arms and Legs from Tigra mold and give us not only Binary that is double jointed and more proportionally appropriate but new standard buck for females with better proportions, articulation and pinless joints.  You can easily see how much difference there is between figure and cover art...."

spacer.png

Did I not just post yesterday how it makes no sense that they can distinguish between the correct body type for Cap, Spidey and Thor, but seem to think the female types are all one size fits all?? Binary/Ms. Marvel does not have the body of a frickin teen girl! She's 5'10"- 5'11" at 120+ lbs. NOT a kid. They easily could have gone with the Rogue body which they recently re-released at Target. Now THIS is a question some of these toy youtubers they had on today should have asked: wtf do you guys keep doing this??

On 7/28/2021 at 9:51 PM, Ironspider428 said:

I'm pretty sure August will be better for comic fans. I'm betting we'll get the full F4 retro reveal, some more Spider-Man retro and probably Excalibur. Then September will be MCU, with No Way Home and maybe Eternals. And also whatever they show at Pulsecon. 

I'm on board with Excalibur but do we really need a full F4 wave...again?  This will be the third one in four years.  Heck, you can still get the last wave for MSRP (or less) on Amazon.  There doesn't really seem to be a demand for these guys, regardless of outfit.

On 7/29/2021 at 1:31 AM, SpiderS said:

even better they could have used new arms and Legs from Tigra mold and give us not only Binary that is double jointed and more proportionally appropriate but new standard buck for females with better proportions, articulation and pinless joints. 

I don't think the Tigra arms and legs will work for others; it's hard to tell from the pictures but if you zoom in, there is definitely molded fur on parts of her arms and legs that will look out of place on other female characters (except fur-covered ladies).

On 7/29/2021 at 5:52 AM, Virtualzach said:

This will be the third one in four years.  Heck, you can still get the last wave for MSRP (or less) on Amazon.  There doesn't really seem to be a demand for these guys, regardless of outfit.

The 2017 Fantastic Four figures weren't really a wave so much as a series of Walgreens exclusives--exclusives that a lot of collectors were unable to get (except for Sue). The 2020 wave was a lot less popular, but I think that owes to the then-modern costumes (which are outdated now) and curious design choices with the wave. Most fans of the FF and classic Marvel comics picture the Fantastic Four in their blue and white costumes from the 1980s and 1990s, from when John Byrne redesigned them to how they appeared on Saturday morning cartoons. The fact is, if all of the members are outfitted similarly to the flamed-down Johnny Storm we've seen previewed, these should be the definitive Fantastic Four for a lot of collectors. 

It's also an anniversary year for Marvel's first family, and (this is pure speculation) I have a feeling we'll hear casting announcements for the MCU Fantastic Four before the end of this year, so the group's exposure and star power will start to rise again. Again, that's just me speculating, not based on any evidence. 

Yeah i am sure a lot of people who were unable to get the WG FF for one reason or another will be all over the retro wave as it is a much more familiar costume for many fans and of course evokes the byrne era.  I'm a bit unsure about the FF's popularity these days so i'm not sure how the wave will sell but i guess the super-skrull wave did well enough.

I found it interesting that an "influencer" (ugh) asked the team if they had considered making waves that tie-in to haslab projects, and the team suggested that they viewed HoX/PoX and the upcoming retro FF wave as sort of tie-ins to Sentinel and Galactus, respectively.  They also referenced how much of an influence Byrne-era "starving" Galactus was on the project (especially in terms of the scale). 

On 7/28/2021 at 11:51 PM, Ironspider428 said:

I'm pretty sure August will be better for comic fans. I'm betting we'll get the full F4 retro reveal, some more Spider-Man retro and probably Excalibur. Then September will be MCU, with No Way Home and maybe Eternals. And also whatever they show at Pulsecon. 

You certainly paint a pretty picture, my friend.

On 7/29/2021 at 7:27 AM, bashpics99 said:

Yeah i am sure a lot of people who were unable to get the WG FF for one reason or another will be all over the retro wave as it is a much more familiar costume for many fans and of course evokes the byrne era.  I'm a bit unsure about the FF's popularity these days so i'm not sure how the wave will sell but i guess the super-skrull wave did well enough.

I found it interesting that an "influencer" (ugh) asked the team if they had considered making waves that tie-in to haslab projects, and the team suggested that they viewed HoX/PoX and the upcoming retro FF wave as sort of tie-ins to Sentinel and Galactus, respectively.  They also referenced how much of an influence Byrne-era "starving" Galactus was on the project (especially in terms of the scale). 

Don't forget, they were very specific to say they had a lot of "fantastic" projects in the works.

As far as the popularity and curb appeal of the FF, I think the comics are irrelevant to Disney at this point, as most comics are these days. I get the feeling they're setting them up in the MCU to be basically the next version of the Avengers.

On 7/29/2021 at 2:46 PM, monron999 said:

Don't forget, they were very specific to say they had a lot of "fantastic" projects in the works.

As far as the popularity and curb appeal of the FF, I think the comics are irrelevant to Disney at this point, as most comics are these days. I get the feeling they're setting them up in the MCU to be basically the next version of the Avengers.

Yeah, with their Anniversary this year and all, I suspect Disney and Marvel and Hasbro are trying to get the public to notice them more and build up their profile before the upcoming movie.

On 7/28/2021 at 1:28 PM, RyanDaly said:

I don't believe we'll get any other heralds with Galactus other than Silver Surfer and Nova, and from the sounds of things today, they will also include some dynamic SFX (like a soaring piece for the board and a flame trail for Nova) that can attach to Galactus and/or help the figures pose with Big G.

That doesn't we'll never see Firelord, though. Just because we *think* we know the six figures in the FF retro card wave, we could and almost certainly will get more than those over time. Remember, there were six figures in the retro carded Spider-Man wave, but nearly twenty figures have been packaged on that card. Maybe retro carded FF Firelord will show up next year as a fan-channel exclusive.

There's also the possibility that Firelord could show up as the comic figure in an upcoming movie wave. Could be in Thor: Love and Thunder or Guardians of the Galaxy volume 3. Who knows? The point is, there's still lots of places where Firelord could pop up.

I hope you end up being right, I don't remember who, but one of the team said something about there being a lot of room around that picture still, the one where they have Surfer and Nova's outlines.  

In the universe you know, Steve Rogers was the first Avenger, Captain America. In this universe, Steve is injured and fights in “The Hydra Stomper”, an Iron Man armor created by Howard Stark.

With over 80 years of entertainment history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world. With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections. From figures to vehicles to premium roleplay items, the Marvel Legends Series offers elite character-inspired products for Marvel fans and collectors. You can pre-order this from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

The figure includes:
-2 Pairs of hands
-2 Blast effects
- Jetpack

It also has handles on the back for someone like the new Captain Carter figure to hold and ride on the back of this figure. The What If animated series will premier on Disney+ starting on August 11.

Hydra-Stomper-02.jpg

Hydra-Stomper-01.jpg

Hydra-Stomper-12.jpg

Hydra-Stomper-11.jpg

Hydra-Stomper-10.jpg

Hydra-Stomper-09.jpg

Hydra-Stomper-08.jpg

Hydra-Stomper-07.jpg

Hydra-Stomper-06.jpg

Hydra-Stomper-05.jpg

Hydra-Stomper-04.jpg

Hydra-Stomper-03.jpg

Shown below are official images for Hasbro's second wave of Disney+ figures which includes one figure from the Loki series and the rest from the upcoming What If animated series which airs on August 11. You can pre-order these now from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. The wave which has The Watcher as the Build-A-Figure includes the following:

T'Challa Star-Lord figure
2 Head sculpts
2 Blasters
The Watcher BAF piece

Heist Nebula figure
2 Pairs of hands
Blaster
The Watcher BAF piece

Marvel's Captain Carter figure
Shield
The Watcher BAF piece

Zombie Hunter Spidey figure
2 Head sculpts
2 Pairs of hands
Cape
The Watcher BAF piece

Zombie Captain America figure
Shield

Doctor Strange Supreme figure
Hand with magic effect
The Watcher BAF piece

Marvel's Sylvie figure
Sword
2 Pairs of hands
The Watcher BAF piece

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-01.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-02.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-03.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-04.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-05.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-06.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-07.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-08.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-09.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-10.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-11.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-12.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-13.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-14.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-15.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-16.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-17.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-18.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-19.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-20.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-21.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-22.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-23.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-24.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-25.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-26.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-27.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-28.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-29.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-30.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-31.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-32.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-33.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-34.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-35.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-36.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-37.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-38.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-39.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-40.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-41.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-42.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-43.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-44.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-45.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-46.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-47.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-48.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-49.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-50.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-51.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-52.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-53.jpg

DisneyPlus-Wave-2-54.jpg

On 7/29/2021 at 9:10 AM, RyanDaly said:

Pre-orders are up on HasbroPulse, BBTS, and other etailers.

I was right about Hydra Stomper being fifty bucks. He's actually even more: $52.99 on Pulse!

Wow. I'm not sure about that. Its a great figure but $52 bones? MODOK definitely wasnt worth that (to me).  I'm gonna think on this...but leaning no right now. 

Shown below are the official images for the newly announced Marvel Legends Walgreens/EBGames Exclusive Binary figure. During yesterday's live-stream it was said by Hasbro that this figure along with Quasar would be released at Walgreens sometime this fall. The Nova figure will be out sometime this summer.

Those in Canada already have gotten the Nova and Quasar and Binary will likely be going up for pre-order soon at EBGames. Binary will be the last exclusive in this cosmic theme of figures which also includes a Silver Surfer figure released earlier this year.

Marvel-Legends-Binary-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Binary-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Binary-03.jpg

On 7/29/2021 at 10:59 AM, Atlantis said:

Who reportedly told them this? Where are you getting that from?

Am too lazy to backtrack but someone here yesterday said that he regularly talks with one of the reviewers that got a question in — Said they had a list of things Hasbro didn’t want them touching on and one of those things was the moonstone buck.

As far as the wave goes I think it's got more than just one cool figures. Zombie Cap and Dr Strange are a couple of them, but for me the figure to get is none other than Captain Carter. She looks the part, the shield's got the stripes instead of the annoying  clip, the paint job for the most part looks accurate and it's definitely more interesting getting Peggy in this version rather than the 80th anniversary one ( I think it could work with the rest of the movie figures ). The only real problem is that she doesn't have any accessories, but what can you do.....

P.S. Still no paint on the webbing pattern in spiderman's suit😑😑