Hasbro Announces Second July Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - What If?

JayC

On 7/22/2021 at 6:30 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I picked up Medusa and Spymaster for $1.98 each the other day.

They (Walgreens) are defiantly making room on their shelves for something.

Maybe Nova and Quasar will be plentiful at the end of the summer.

I don't want to pay scalper prices for these two. 

I would love a 2 quid Spymaster. That's the cheapest I ever seena  Marvel legends that isn't at a Car Boot Sale

On 7/22/2021 at 7:00 AM, Inspection12e said:
On 7/22/2021 at 6:34 AM, DrZarnak said:

I’m hoping that they make Quasar and Nova available through pulse, since it seems that Walgreens is out of the Legends business.

Why do you say that?

He's saying that 'cause for several months now, various collectors around various states have been reporting here that their local walgreens havent been selling or stocking Legends. Their online store isn't carrying them, even the ones that are supposed to be exclusive to them. Personally I'm hoping they're officially done with the Legends business and that way we're not gonna continue to get jerked around. Pulse would be an ok alternative I guess, but they don't always stock well enough to keep from selling out. Still, gotta believe that hasbro pulse is gonna be better at supplyng hasbro legends better than anyone else.

Hopefully...

spacer.png

Dan Yun posted this picture on Twitter, along with the message that he's ready for tomorrow's live stream. So take a good hard look at what's in this picture. Retro carded Spider-Man and Fantastic Four. Old school Age of Apocalypse Cyclops. An original Marvel Legends Captain America (isn't next year the twentieth anniversary of the Marvel Legends line?!!) The original movie Avengers lineup in their comic book form on the shelves. Also Excalibur omnibus. Cap shield and Deadpool head. Lots to unpack here... 

Looking closer at the line on the top shelf, I think he's definitely signaling we're getting a retro carded black costume Spider-Man. There's also an original Rhino on that top shelf in the back. 

The presence of the AoA Cyclops is interesting since that line is already out. It could portend a third wave, but I'm thinking maybe there will be another exclusive like they did with Apocalypse after the first wave. Maybe a character who got a toy back in the '90s but hasn't been in the new waves, like... Holocaust/Nemesis, for example.

Just because his Spider-Man figure is holding the page open to a prominent image, I'm thinking we get a new female Wolverine (can't remember her name... Laura?). Also, has there been a rumor about a Hawkeye with his Sky-cycle?

On 7/27/2021 at 5:24 PM, RyanDaly said:

Looking closer at the line on the top shelf, I think he's definitely signaling we're getting a retro carded black costume Spider-Man. There's also an original Rhino on that top shelf in the back.

I think you're on to something regarding the black costume Spidey and a Rhino on retro cards.

Don't miss that Excalibur omnibus just behind Cap!

On 7/27/2021 at 4:24 PM, RyanDaly said:

The presence of the AoA Cyclops is interesting since that line is already out. It could portend a third wave, but I'm thinking maybe there will be another exclusive like they did with Apocalypse after the first wave. Maybe a character who got a toy back in the '90s but hasn't been in the new waves, like... Holocaust/Nemesis, for example.

Just because his Spider-Man figure is holding the page open to a prominent image, I'm thinking we get a new female Wolverine (can't remember her name... Laura?). Also, has there been a rumor about a Hawkeye with his Sky-cycle?

Yes. Pay no attention to tarot. Lol. They all thought I was crazy about noticing the book under Elvis modok. You are definitely on track the hidden fig packs on the top shelf. I like it. I’m with you. 

On 7/27/2021 at 10:55 PM, LordVenger said:

Yes. Pay no attention to tarot. Lol. They all thought I was crazy about noticing the book under Elvis modok. You are definitely on track the hidden fig packs on the top shelf. I like it. I’m with you. 

you're argument does not work since it wasn't Hasbro that did that but the person who gave them the set to reveal. lol 😛

yes i'm being petty. 

All right, with less than two hours to go, these are my predictions for what we'll get announced or teased on today's stream.

• Retro carded black costume Spider-Man
  • Retro carded Rhino
  • All-New Wolverine
  • Excalibur box set
  • Retro carded Fantastic Four wave
  • Age of Apocalypse deluxe Nemesis / Holocaust
  • Captain America (80th repaint)
  • Bucky (WWII version)

I have no idea what (if anything) the placement of the six MCU Avengers in comic book format on the middle shelf (plus the inclusion of Spidey) may suggest. Avengers wave? More MCU figures? Too vague to guess on that score.

On 7/28/2021 at 9:17 AM, RyanDaly said:

All right, with less than two hours to go, these are my predictions for what we'll get announced or teased on today's stream.

• Retro carded Rhino
  • All-New Wolverine
  • Excalibur box set
  • Bucky (WWII version)

I have no idea what (if anything) the placement of the six MCU Avengers in comic book format on the middle shelf (plus the inclusion of Spidey) may suggest. Avengers wave? More MCU figures? Too vague to guess on that score.

That's a lot!  I very much hope you're right about an 80th Cap repaint.  I didn't get the Walmart exclusive, but he is such a killer figure and the darker, Alex Ross/American flag palette is the only thing I wasn't super psyched on about him.

Why are you guessing Bucky?  Did I miss a hint somewhere or is that just a gut thing?  Do you mean comics or MCU?

On 7/28/2021 at 9:17 AM, RyanDaly said:

• Retro carded Rhino
  • All-New Wolverine
  • Excalibur box set
  • Bucky (WWII version)

LOL, I already told you guys the main focus of today's live stream.  While there might be a few extra teases I wouldnt expect much. You also glanced over the Hasbro's tweet yesterday about a new segment they are trying out having multiple people on. In other words time spent not revealing new products over the course of the hour. I understand its fun to speculate but I provide you with this info so you dont set your expectations way to high.

Have to admit...I wasn't a fan of the comics and I probably won't like the figures much either.  😞  I never much liked the premise for the stories and (mostly) the outcomes of the battles.  But I'm also old and realize that most people here don't care about how these figures were inspired in the first place.  😉  

Off-topic here, but I hope they say more about Galactus today as well.  That project is losing steam and fast.  I suspect that the first bonus is going to be not one but two heralds; Surfer and Nova.  Of course, if they just outright said that, they'd see a spike in sales immediately.  But they're stubborn and want it to get funded on its own merits.  Either way, thing needs 10k backers by end of month to be on track for just the 14k...