Director Peyton Reed Announces Filming For 'Ant-Man And The Wasp: Quantumania'

Outsiders

Director Peyton Reed took to Twitter announcing that principal photography has begun on Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.  Shown in the tweet is a picture of  Cassie Lang’s ugly rabbit from Ant-Man stored with some biohazard materials.

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania will see Paul Rudd reprising the role of the titular hero from the previous movies as Scott Lang. As always, Lang will partner with Evangeline Lilly’s Hope van Dyne, a.k.a. the Wasp.  The duo will be taking on Jonathan Majors’ Kang the Conqueror.  Most of the cast from the previous movies will return to their roles. However, Cassie Lang is now portrayed by Kathryn Newton, since Scott Lang’s daughter has grown a lot in the story after the events of Avengers: Endgame.

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania is scheduled to premiere on Febuary 17th, 2023.

On 7/26/2021 at 2:31 PM, Atlantis said:

I would love to see if they can get Hank in his original comic book suit, if only for a moment. We got to see the helmet at least in Endgame....

I thought it was a total missed opportunity when he wore that white space suit to go into the Quantum Realm that it wasn't designed to look more like the classic red and blue Ant-Man look.

On 7/26/2021 at 2:43 PM, Outsiders said:

However, Cassie Lang is now portrayed by Kathryn Newton, since Scott Lang’s daughter has grown a lot in the story after the events of Avengers: Endgame.

Unless there's another time jump that somehow requires a 26 year-old actress replace a 19 year old, there's no reason I can see why this is necessary. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Emma Fuhrmann. In fact, she was great. I like Kathryn Newton fine, but I refuse to believe she's just automatically better somehow. Plus, she looks nothing like Paul Rudd and Judy Greer.

On 7/26/2021 at 2:47 PM, Satam said:

Unless there's another time jump that somehow requires a 26 year-old actress replace a 19 year old, there's no reason I can see why this is necessary. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Emma Fuhrmann. In fact, she was great. I like Kathryn Newton fine, but I refuse to believe she's just automatically better somehow. Plus, she looks nothing like Paul Rudd and Judy Greer.

My guess is the decision to switch has more to do with Marvel's future plans for Cassie as Stature or Stinger in possibly a Young Avengers or Champions movie. Maybe they thought that commitment required a stronger actress. I thought Fuhrmann was great in that one scene in ENDGAME, but that's all we saw, and maybe that wasn't enough for the producers. We'll probably never know the exact reason, since Disney isn't open about those things (and they didn't even tell Fuhrmann before the recasting announcement, which is kind of crappy).

If anything, I'm still bummed about the time jump because I thought the girl who played Cassie in the first two Ant-Man movies was adorable. She was definitely the best part about ANT-MAN AND THE WASP other than Hope's opening fight scene at the hotel lobby and kitchen.

On 7/26/2021 at 11:41 AM, RyanDaly said:

I thought it was a total missed opportunity when he wore that white space suit to go into the Quantum Realm that it wasn't designed to look more like the classic red and blue Ant-Man look.

I was just thinking that! 

And with this 3rd movie, its way WAY past time for us to get an Ant-Man wave (comic based):

Yellowjacket

Ant-Man (original costume, removable helmet)

Wasp, red/yellow outfit

Equinox (running variant, translucent Ice/Fire, Fire/Ice)

Tigra OR Moondragon

Whirlwind (no chainmail)

Wonder Man (original costume)

BAF: Super Adaptoid

So what are we thinking for a Ant-man and the Wasp Quantumania wave? (please note the only reason we didn't get a second Ant-man wave was because it was too close to Infinity War).

• MCU Ant-man (obviously)
  • MCU Wasp (again Obviously)
  • MCU Kang (main villain so yeah)
  • Egghead (could use the Happy build with a new head and coat.)
  • Yellowjacket (Hank is in the movie so this would make a nice nod to him like it was in the first ant-man wave)
  • Iron Lad (Kang is in the movie and this can be their "Iron Man" in the wave)
  • Crossfire (classic Ant-man villain and was the brother of the first movie's villain)
  • BAF MCU Stature (obvious reason why)

On 7/26/2021 at 5:42 PM, tarot said:

So what are we thinking for a Ant-man and the Wasp Quantumania wave? (please note the only reason we didn't get a second Ant-man wave was because it was too close to Infinity War).

• MCU Ant-man (obviously)
  • MCU Wasp (again Obviously)
  • MCU Kang (main villain so yeah)
  • Egghead (could use the Happy build with a new head and coat.)
  • Yellowjacket (Hank is in the movie so this would make a nice nod to him like it was in the first ant-man wave)
  • Iron Lad (Kang is in the movie and this can be their "Iron Man" in the wave)
  • Crossfire (classic Ant-man villain and was the brother of the first movie's villain)
  • BAF MCU Stature (obvious reason why)

You are probably right about the mcu figs altho i wonder if Cassie as Stature would be too much of a spoiler to include it in the wave. 

Good choices for the comic selections but those make too much sense for hasbro; there's gotta be a random serpent society guy in there or something

On 7/26/2021 at 2:22 PM, bashpics99 said:

You are probably right about the mcu figs altho i wonder if Cassie as Stature would be too much of a spoiler to include it in the wave. 

Good choices for the comic selections but those make too much sense for hasbro; there's gotta be a random serpent society guy in there or something

I feel they've had their run for MCU Ant-Man....its past time the comic version got some love. My BAF choice was Super-Adaptoid because he's Avengers related, who knows when we're gonna get him (if ever) and Ant-Man/Yellowjacket is nothing if not Avengers born and bred. I didn't go with Goliath or Giant-Man because he's been done enough times, and they're never gonna make him the size so many here really want him to be, as a BAF (I'm just totally opposed to Stature because I think its a poorly conceived character, as are any of the alternative Wasps out there). 

Its been 14 years since we had a Yellowjacket. How is that possible??

On 7/26/2021 at 11:22 PM, bashpics99 said:

They should do a comic Stature instead