Build a Bring On the Bag Guys Wave 2

leokearon

With all the talk of a possible second villain wave, why not make it unofficial.

Just some rules.

1. Villains only
  2. Have a variety of villains, don't just have them all from the one hero. (Don't have a wave of nothing but Spidey villains)
  3. 6 -8 figures including a BAF
  4. Have fun

I would like to add that since the first wave had a F4 (Doom), Wolverine (Deathstrike), General Avengers (Hood, Surpreme), Dr. Strange (Dormammu), Captain America (Skull) and one Hulk (Xenmu), these shouldn't be included. The only exception from the first wave is General villain that Arcade was (some consider him X-men but he has battled pretty much everyone), so anything from that could be included. (but that's just my opinion.

For this I'm going with

• Mandarin - For my Iron Man
  • Lady Bullseye - for Daredevil 
  • Spot - for Spider-man
  • Blackheart - for Ghost rider
  • Toad - for X-men
  • Nebula - GOTG
  • Knull -for Venom
  • BAF Kurse - for thor

So I want

• Morlun- Spider-Man
  • Mandarin- Iron Man
  • Black Spectre- Moon Knight
  • Count Nefaria- Avengers or X-Men
  • Gorr- Thor
  • Fallen One- Silver Surfer/Guardians/Cosmic
  • Mr. Fear- Daredevil
  • BAF- Mephisto- Ghost Rider

It's really hard not to include seven or eight different A-level, super popular characters, but I think I struck a good balance.  I included a new army-builder as well.  It was very difficult leaving out The Mandarin.

• Classic Loki  Green & yellow Asgardian armor, scale mail.*
  • Mephisto  Red cape and loincloth.
  • Classic Deathbird  Purple & blue uniform.
  • Classic Baron Zemo  Baron Helmut J. Zemo; purple & gold Masters of Evil uniform.
  • Puff Adder  Two-tone green Serpent Society uniform.
  • Moses Magnum  White & red uniform.
  • Atlantean Infantry  Atlantean armor.
  • BAF: Classic Titanium Man  Boris Bullski; green Titanium Man Armor, mk I.

*The character needs to be redone in the worst way.  He needs character-accurate proportions, appropriate accessories, and sculpted mail. 7222502-marvelclassics-loki-throne_color_fb_3.thumb.jpg.df6a3b0ab103f479dc18cec83b7cdc23.jpg  1ee6r5egl_393316ec0aac831531fd43c628e10f0c1.thumb.jpg.30f376512d429ad5836ceac03f0b2656.jpgDeathbird-Marvel-Comics-X-Men-Shiar-Classic-a.thumb.jpg.3bcb8c2c4265a184ea78edfe25f8bc33.jpgBaron-Helmut-Zemo-Marvel-Comics-Thunderbolts-Citizen-V-a.thumb.jpg.ad669fdb50b8b5143b6a33fcbd0bb619.jpg

e9f0c55e3d7074ae4efcf8e876bb1279.thumb.jpg.069bd1a44a61d3c76c81296811ae55e3.jpgmoses05.thumb.jpg.cac78a777cd9cddc97a66b2e1139ec31.jpgmain-qimg-7baf738e587bb43459f6d1c5576397da.thumb.jpg.810f290fa3ae98a8a017c4ddb15d75d0.jpgTitanium-Man-Marvel-Comics-2-Iron-Man-a.thumb.jpg.6f12576acb97e45b5980b0a1bef130cb.jpg

Reposting my first suggested wave from the other thread... 

Here's a second Bring On the Bad Guys wave that would require hardly any original sculpts or tooling, aside from the build-a-figure. Most of the figures would be simple repaints with original heads and accessories. Ghost is the one character from the wave who would need a lot of new sculpting, but not overly complicated work. 

1. Gladiator (Melvin Potter) -- Daredevil
  2. Viper / Madame Hydra -- Captain America / S.H.I.E.L.D.
  3. Diablo -- Fantastic Four
  4. Count Nefaria -- The Avengers
  5. Ghost -- Iron Man
  6. Chemistro -- Luke Cage
  7. Flag Smasher -- Captain America

BAF - Ronan the Accuser -- cosmic

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Here's another wave, in which I tried to give Hasbro as much help as I could. D'Ken and Attuma would be the most complicated new figures, but to offset that, most of the others are simple repaints, and Radioactive Man is just a re-release from a previous box set.

1. Immortus -- The Avengers
  2. Emperor D'Ken -- X-Men
  3. Madame Masque -- Iron Man
  4. Egghead -- Hank Pym
  5. Wingless Wizard -- Fantastic Four
  6. Radioactive Man (re-release) -- Thor / The Avengers
  7. Attuma -- Sub-Mariner

BAF - Zzzax -- The Hulk

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

On 7/27/2021 at 3:06 PM, MonsterChris said:

Attuma is another that I had a hard time leaving out.  Realistically, he might make a good build-a-figure.

Yeah, I think he should be on the new Hercules buck, but if they really go out with the ears/antlers/things projecting out of his helmet, the height might be a little too much for a single packaged figure. So, yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being a BAF or part of a set with different packaging. 

Wow. So many good suggestions here. I’m just going to cherry pick from everyone’s lists. Here goes. 

1. The mandarin. Seriously why have we not gotten this yet? Come on hasbro. 
2. Mephisto. There is a reason he is so coveted as a marvel select. 
3. Dracula. Just because Dracula. 
4. Attuma. 
5. Chemistro. The version of carr pictured below. 
6. Zemo. Purple and gold. Yeess please. 
7. Finally a classic reaver bonebreaker. 

Baf. If bonebreaker has to be a baf then ok. But if not I’m with Ryan 

classic Ronan the accuser. 

C0E64006-87A1-4E08-8FEA-7F4878BAD3B1.png

Edited by LordVenger
Forgot pic

Yeah I think if we got a second Bad Guys wave it should include these guys, because they are long overdue in new plastic form and are essential.

Mandarin (much needed for Iron Man)

Baron Mordo (much needed for Dr. Strange)

Mephisto (much needed for Ghost Rider and well everyone)

Viper (Madame Hydra) (important for Hydra)

Baron Zemo (because the he's intergral and we haven't gotten a comic zemo since 2014)

Annihilus  (nah don't save this for a FF Wave) (much needed for FF and cosmic)

Attuma (No BAF Piece) (much needed for Namor)

BAF = Bi-Beast (cosmic & hulk)

Deluxe new Comic Abomination (for because the old one needs a bigger buck to go with 80th hulk buck)

those come to mind instantly.

On 7/27/2021 at 4:01 PM, RyanDaly said:

Reposting my first suggested wave from the other thread... 

Here's a second Bring On the Bad Guys wave that would require hardly any original sculpts or tooling, aside from the build-a-figure. Most of the figures would be simple repaints with original heads and accessories. Ghost is the one character from the wave who would need a lot of new sculpting, but not overly complicated work. 

1. Gladiator (Melvin Potter) -- Daredevil
  2. Viper / Madame Hydra -- Captain America / S.H.I.E.L.D.
  3. Diablo -- Fantastic Four
  4. Count Nefaria -- The Avengers
  5. Ghost -- Iron Man
  6. Chemistro -- Luke Cage
  7. Flag Smasher -- Captain America

BAF - Ronan the Accuser -- cosmic

Here's another wave, in which I tried to give Hasbro as much help as I could. D'Ken and Attuma would be the most complicated new figures, but to offset that, most of the others are simple repaints, and Radioactive Man is just a re-release from a previous box set.

1. Immortus -- The Avengers
  2. Emperor D'Ken -- X-Men
  3. Madame Masque -- Iron Man
  4. Egghead -- Hank Pym
  5. Wingless Wizard -- Fantastic Four
  6. Radioactive Man (re-release) -- Thor / The Avengers
  7. Attuma -- Sub-Mariner

BAF - Zzzax -- The Hulk

Really like the Zzzax inclusion, I'd love to see what Hasbro does with this one.

I’ll jump on the band wagon and request Count Nefaria. If this thread is anything to go by, let’s get him made Hasbro!

being only wave 2, I think you’ve got to stick with well known villains.

1 Count Nefaria ( sooooooo simple, maybe only a new headsculpt)

2. Executioner

3.Graviton

4. Classic Baron Zemo ( Helmut, 80s era)

5. Madame Masque

6. Madame Viper

7. Arkon ( ok bit of a stretch for being “well known” )

BAF: Super Adaptoid 

The first wave is pretty much the only solid wave I have bought this year. Everyone was GREAT!!!! I do agree we need a Mandarin and Mephisto. Spiral would be really cool! Bonebreaker, I see him in a Rider's wave. I'll grab a Screaming Mimi and classic Meteor. I would love to finish off my Masters of Evil team. Wizard would be great. So I am going with:

Mandarin

Mephisto

Spiral

Screaming Mimi

Wizard

Meteor

Executioner

We got three females in a wave before so they can do it again if they want. I can see Meteor getting pushed back for another.

Hm! This is a fun thread. I'm going to leave out Spidey rogues entirely because I could do an entire list of just them. So I think I'd go...

1. Comic Mandarin: I'd venture to say this is probably THE biggest foe that's not been made by Hasbro yet. I mean, this is Iron Man's archenemy. I suppose it's possible he potentially could be deemed controversial or "dated," but I don't think he's offensive IMO. One thing that's difficult with Mandarin is he doesn't seem to truly have one definitive look. There's options here, but I do think my favorite is the green robed version Toybiz did do, but very poorly. I'd love to see that updated. I could roll with this older version too, but I DO have a gut feeling we'll just end up getting the rather bland suited version: 

2. Comic Mephisto: He's another that's likely been avoided due to possible controversy, I mean he's in essence Satan. But boy do I pray we get him someday. 

3. Comic Toad: It really is wild to think we got him all the way back in the very first wave of Legends. He's loooooong overdue for a re-make. I mean realistically, he was dated even back when originally released.  

4 . Classic Comic Zemo: I'd personally go with the Helmut Zemo personally in his very classic look. We've still yet to get him, despite getting him in the smaller scale. 

5. The Owl: Daredevil doesn't have a ton of big villains, the big have pretty much all been done. But if I had to pick one I'd love to see, most def. The Owl comes to mind. I always kind of viewed him as Marvel's Penguin. 

6. Attuma: I sincerely hope we get this guy someday. He's pretty unique looking and while a little obscure, I would love him just to have a Namor villain. 

BAF - The Executioner: This has to easily be the Thor villain that's MOST in need. I still can't believe we haven't gotten him. 

And since 8 figures was an option, I'll do two honorable mentions: 

7. Annihilus: I say instead of a BAF, re-do him as a deluxe figure. Think what was done for Archangel. I think a fully classic new version is a must eventually. 

8. Baron Mordo: It would be awfully cool to get a comic version. 

I'd be thrilled with these, but truth is...while these are my immediate choices, I'd be thrilled with classic Strucker, classic Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo, Count Nefaria, Classic Blastaar, Wizard, Avalanche, Madame Hydra, Madame Masque, Man-Ape, and plenty more.