John Romita Jr. Showcases Marvel's First Family Though The Ages On The New Fantastic Four #35 Warparound Cover

JayC

This year, Marvel Comics proudly celebrates the 60th anniversary of the Fantastic Four with a giant-sized issue worthy of the iconic super hero’s team monumental legacy! Joining series writer Dan Slott will be legendary artist John Romita Jr., marking his highly-anticipated return to Marvel with this thrilling issue. In addition to drawing a story within this epic issue, Romita Jr.’s beloved style will also grace the issue in the form of an incredible wraparound cover. Highlighting Reed, Sue, Ben, and Johnny’s transformation since Stan Lee and Jack Kirby first created them, the artwork serves as both a celebration of Fantastic Four’s journey and a teaser of the story inside: a showdown across Fantastic Four history against the master of time travel—Kang the Conqueror!

“I was lucky to begin my career with Marvel and now am extremely lucky to re-connect with Marvel. That’s an enormous amount of good fortune. I sincerely thank all the folks up at Marvel, and Disney, who worked for this fortunate re-connection to happen.,” Romita Jr. said. “To add to all this, and I hate to add a third section to my good fortune, is the opportunity to start off with a huge project, which is the 60th anniversary of the Fantastic Four! It is an honor and extreme privilege to be asked to work on this along with a friend and former collaborator, Dan Slott! Along with ink artist JP Mayer, I am looking forward to this being up for viewing in August!

Home to concepts and characters that revolutionized comic book storytelling, the Fantastic Four have enjoyed one of the most memorable sagas in comic book history. Check out John Romita Jr.’s cover below along with some never-before-seen artwork and be there for one of their greatest adventures yet when FANTASIC FOUR #35 hits stands on September 1st.

FANTASTIC FOUR #35
Written by DAN SLOTT, MARK WAID & JASON LOO
Art by JOHN ROMITA JR., PAUL RENAUD & JASON LOO
Variant Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. (JUN210511)
On Sale 9/1!

image002.jpg

So not sure if this is JR's fault or not, but this "through the ages" cover is deeply flawed; their negative zone outfits were not the same hue as their first outfits. And if the Human Torch is going to be shown aflame, then why isnt there at least one shot of the Invisible Woman as, you know, invisible?? Anything's better than that atrocious 90s thing they had her wear. Thats an automatic fail right there.

On 8/1/2021 at 9:54 AM, Atlantis said:

Another thing, this particular cover doesn't do the Fantastic Four justice. They were the start of the Marvel Age of comics. Everything else happened after them; their impact is so wide that there wouldn't be a Marvel Universe if not for them.

Yeah, hopefully there will be a cover that shows that without the four there wouldn't be a Marvel Universe

On 8/2/2021 at 5:43 PM, Gigantor said:

The thru the yrs image shows how they've gone from great to worse throughout the yrs. JBs FF was the best versions & everything after that has been hot garbage for this team.  The 90s versions being truly atrocious with the present versions running a close 2nd.

Yeah nothing is going to beat the 90's in terms of awfulness for the Four.