Images From The MAFEX 25th Anniversary Exhibition For The Marvel Universe

Outsiders

• 3 weeks later...

I saw the article in here, but not an accompanying thread for it. So I figured to bring up the new images for MAFEX's classic Iron Man here. The price point is pretty steep, but I have to admit this figure does everything I wish Hasbro had done. The visible eyes under the faceplate, the more Bronze Age-looking Tony headsculpt, the roller skates.

On top of that, it comes with a Proton Cannon. Considering this weapon doesn't fit with classic Iron Man, it feels almot like it was done purposefully for Hasbro's modular Iron Man. My only complaint about this figure is the alternate faceplate. Just to play along with the ridiculousness of the roller skates, I wish it they had given him a proper nose instead of the Alex Ross-style nose indentations. Even though by no means Hasbro did a bad job with their classic Iron Man figures, I can't help but feel like this one is the definitive classic Iron Man.

The price point does hurt, and on top of this MAFEX has other Iron Man-related figures in the pipeline, but I feel like I can't just not have it. At least the June 2022 release date means I can make a "MAFEX Iron Man fund" so it doesn't hurt as much when I pull the trigger.

7xt891d4u4j71.jpg?width=1088&format=pjpg 4dgmy0d4u4j71.jpg?width=1495&format=pjpg 6osx64d4u4j71.jpg?width=712&format=pjpg& p180tzc4u4j71.jpg?width=688&format=pjpg& exco71d4u4j71.jpg?width=648&format=pjpg& 84iq82e4u4j71.jpg?width=1500&format=pjpg ekui17d4u4j71.jpg?width=1500&format=pjpg 6ntjf8d4u4j71.jpg?width=1500&format=pjpg zeclqbd4u4j71.jpg?width=760&format=pjpg& 6fhyl7d4u4j71.jpg?width=1264&format=pjpg po12t6d4u4j71.jpg?width=1480&format=pjpg 3ebkt6d4u4j71.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg c4c4a8d4u4j71.jpg?width=624&format=pjpg& qhf4pbd4u4j71.jpg?width=1168&format=pjpg rd6u67d4u4j71.jpg?width=1472&format=pjpg  2s42z6d4u4j71.jpg?width=1144&format=pjpg

On 8/31/2021 at 2:39 PM, Gigantor said:

Anyone think this will  just be a one off & no other classic Avengers will be made such as Thor, Cap, Vision?  

They would make it hard to resist if they did do more classic Avengers. These look amazing but, yeah, their cost make them unattainable. 

Wouldnt it figure if MAFEX was the first to give us Wonderman in his Safari Jacket?