Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan-First Monday Live-Stream - Fantastic Four Retro Wave, X-Force 3-Pack, Galactus And More

JayC

On 8/10/2021 at 2:06 PM, Reno said:

You wouldn't have paid shipping for the Sentinel or Galactus anyway. I think the cutoff for free shipping is any order over $50.

That doesn't seem to be the case on Galactus.  My friend backed him yesterday and got charged $16.99 for shipping.  He's not a premium member.  I am and I backed him today and got free shipping.

On 8/10/2021 at 9:45 AM, RyanDaly said:

Ranking the eight Fantastic Four figures in this release, gotta be:

1. Psycho-Man
  2. Human Torch
  3. High Evolutionary
  4. The Thing
  5. Invisible Woman (clear)
  6. Mr. Fantastic
  7. Human Torch (Johnny)
  8. Invisible Woman

It pains me because Reed and Sue are my favorite members of the family, but Ben and Johnny are already the more dynamic and cool looking designs, and Hasbro did a great job with them, whereas Reed and Sue each have some nagging imperfection.

I have been shaking my fist at not getting a clear Invisible Woman and a proper Human Torch for months now...I don't know if they heard me but I'm glad it got done!

When they first announced/revealed the Johnny figure, I thought step in the right direction, but he should be flamed on. So I was very pleasantly surprised that at the last minute they gave us that exact thing. YES!! And yeah I know there are those that don't feel the Torch should be translucent. But Legends almost always does this effect for "energy based" characters- Living Laser, Radioactive Man, etc. Why they haven't done the full ionic Wonder Man I don't know....but I want that one and Equinox!!

On 8/10/2021 at 12:45 PM, RyanDaly said:

It pains me because Reed and Sue are my favorite members of the family, but Ben and Johnny are already the more dynamic and cool looking designs, and Hasbro did a great job with them, whereas Reed and Sue each have some nagging imperfection.

The most glaring issue of all is the wonky power effects they try to give each of these figures. The worse is the ones for Reed. The stretchy fist, okay, I mean it's pretty much already been done with the Kamala figure, but those stretchy fingers...WTeffin'F? What's they point of that? Typing on a keyboard from 40 feet away? Trying to covertly pick someone else's nose from behind. Checking someone's prostate while maintaining social distancing? The next time they show that actual isht will be the first time. It's just stupid and lame and it's lazy and just plain CHEAP. I swear, with Reed it's not been done right, not even once. The TB versions(s) were close. Stretch arms, yes they were somewhat accurate but the body molds were crap (or maybe just outdated) and the first Hasbro version was cool with the extended torso, but there was no way to pose him "normal". To top it all off, none of those parts were interchangeable between the figures. That shoulda been a gimme.

Nobody's asking for a miracle Hasbro, but damn, put a little TLC into giving the character his due. Give us maybe an extended arm for high fives with Stilt Man, maybe an extra long leg to trip a few Harry Potter nerds on the street from a safe position, maybe a few alternate hands with your beloved ribbon fingers or something actually cool, and maybe some kind of torso or neck extension. Exclude the BAF piece, no one will care if you do it right. Better yet, include a butt load of extendable options in a deluxe set and I promise we will show up for you. Most of us fans are sensible and understand that's a hard power set to represent without a lot of auxiliary parts. Just do it right and be up front about it. That's what the fans really want.

Of course, that's assuming you are actually all about doing what the fans want. Aren't you?

On 8/10/2021 at 11:12 PM, RyanDaly said:

Any customizers here know how easy or difficult it would be to swap the new Invisible Woman's hair onto a different hair, like maybe the Sue from the Super Skrull wave?

I’m not customizer but did 3 hair transplants, it really depends what kind of peg we have there, generally if sizing is okay you can glue it well it enough but you will have to remove peg inside hair that ports into head, which is probably way to go if you want to adjust it properly without constraints. 

On 8/10/2021 at 1:48 PM, MonsterChris said:

That doesn't seem to be the case on Galactus.  My friend backed him yesterday and got charged $16.99 for shipping.  He's not a premium member.  I am and I backed him today and got free shipping.

Ok, that's interesting. I haven't backed Galactus yet - but I went back and looked at my Sentinel order and they didn't charge shipping (just the state sales tax for my state of 6%)... but of course it hasn't actually shipped yet either....  I looked at my other past orders and it was pretty easy to determine that they normally have charged me a flat $6.99 shipping fee for any orders under $50 and all orders over $50 included free shipping.

On 8/10/2021 at 3:25 PM, monron999 said:

Nobody's asking for a miracle Hasbro, but damn, put a little TLC into giving the character his due. Give us maybe an extended arm for high fives with Stilt Man, maybe an extra long leg to trip a few Harry Potter nerds on the street from a safe position, maybe a few alternate hands with your beloved ribbon fingers or something actually cool, and maybe some kind of torso or neck extension. Exclude the BAF piece, no one will care if you do it right. Better yet, include a butt load of extendable options in a deluxe set and I promise we will show up for you. Most of us fans are sensible and understand that's a hard power set to represent without a lot of auxiliary parts. Just do it right and be up front about it. That's what the fans really want.

I would be very surprised if we get another Reed Richards figure before the MCU Fantastic Four movie (which might be late in 2023), and as I was reading your post I could imagine the wheels turning. They'll have Mr. Fantastic stretchable extended limbs as the BAF pieces of that wave. Instead of a separate BAF figure, the "BAF" parts will just augment one of the figures already in the line, like how they split up the wings for Vulture in the Spider-Man Homecoming wave and Captain America in the Disney+ wave.

The timing of the MCU movies and figures are really causing some odd gaps between announce and actual release dates. These aren’t getting released for more than 6 months, which feels long. But there’s still AoA wave 2, Eternals and No Way Home waves to be released this year, and they already announced the What If? wave which comes out a month earlier than this wave. So I guess it makes sense. But it feels odd.

On 8/10/2021 at 4:02 PM, LordVenger said:

Ok I'm late to the party here but let me get this straight.  Yesterday hasbro does a live stream announcing 12 figs going up for order today and half(6) of them are pulse exclusive.  Bs.  Im not liking that math.  Come on i can see doing one fig exclusive but half the reveals?

Welcome to the world of modern toy collecting; every line is doing this now, unfortunately, though G.I. Joe Classified is the worst offender with every recent release being an exclusive.

On 8/10/2021 at 3:51 PM, RyanDaly said:

I would be very surprised if we get another Reed Richards figure before the MCU Fantastic Four movie (which might be late in 2023), and as I was reading your post I could imagine the wheels turning. They'll have Mr. Fantastic stretchable extended limbs as the BAF pieces of that wave. Instead of a separate BAF figure, the "BAF" parts will just augment one of the figures already in the line, like how they split up the wings for Vulture in the Spider-Man Homecoming wave and Captain America in the Disney+ wave.

And if they could but include new Johnny Storm heads too; Hasbro want's to have us think he's had the same do' for 40+ years, lol.

On 8/10/2021 at 3:19 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

I’m just using my own eyes. Their blues don’t seem way off from one another.🤷‍♂️

I kinda thought the blues were a little off myself. Haven’t seen a pic with Reed, Sue or Johnny right next to each other. To my eye, Johnny looks lighter than Reed and Sue is somewhere in between both, 

could just be lighting, could be my tablet, could be they are slightly off. I doubt by the time of release that they wouldn’t all match. They’d better, this SHOULD be my last FF costume! Of course they could surprise us with the nearly black suits box set down the road

On 8/10/2021 at 2:51 PM, RyanDaly said:

I kinda contradict myself on this issue. I absolutely hate, Hate, HATE the Finish-A-Figure BS Hasbro's been pulling on us with characters like Vulture, Falcon Cap and the soon to be Doc Ock in the upcoming No Way Home wave (just watch and see). What bothers me so much is they are literally getting over on us by selling us half a figure and making it necessary to purchase the entire wave to finish that figure. Vulture is not Vulture without his wings. He's just an older guy in a fur collared jacket. Falcon is not Falcon without his wings. He's just a normal guy with no superpowers in a funky suit. If I'm a fan of MCU Falcon I don't get him unless I get Zemo, Loki and the bunch along with it. There is no bonus in the bonus incentive. You just get to complete the character. Vulture was even worse. He wasn't Vulture, he was Toomes. Don't label him Vulture if he's just Toomes. Just come correct about it. Flight gear my ayass. It's just the rest of his costume that shoulda been there anyway.

Now, I've been a big advocate for some sort of Extend-A-Figure concept, and I've been a big fan of it ever since Mattel did it with Metamorpho (Element Man, bleh!) in the first wave of their DCU figures. Not only was the figure the BAF (CNC if you wanna be totally accurate) for the wave but each part came with an extension like a rock arm or steel arm, etc. Now, it was not that innovative and it was a fairly simple concept, but in the end it was a completely "bonus" figure. You got the figure and you got some cool add on accessories. That would work for a guy like Reed or Marvel's version of Metamorpho, Absorbing man, or Sandman, or Hydro Man or Kamala. The options are nearly endless. I wouldn't even mind if they sold us Reed as a single because he is an accurate and complete figure without any extendable parts. Then included a fair amount of attachments instead of BAF parts with the other characters. That is technically a bonus. It's so simple. Reed is a figure you want and his extendable parts are a reward. If you want only the arms, buy characters A and C. You want only the legs, buy characters D and F. You want the neck and torso parts, get characters B and E. It gives you the option, but who in their right mind isn't gonna want them all? That's real fan service, not this BS hostage situation they're pulling with the Finish-A-Figure set up.

Am I alone in this?

On 8/10/2021 at 4:57 PM, monron999 said:

I kinda contradict myself on this issue. I absolutely hate, Hate, HATE the Finish-A-Figure BS Hasbro's been pulling on us with characters like Vulture, Falcon Cap and the soon to be Doc Ock in the upcoming No Way Home wave (just watch and see). What bothers me so much is they are literally getting over on us by selling us half a figure and making it necessary to purchase the entire wave to finish that figure. Vulture is not Vulture without his wings. He's just an older guy in a fur collared jacket. Falcon is not Falcon without his wings. He's just a normal guy with no superpowers in a funky suit. If I'm a fan of MCU Falcon I don't get him unless I get Zemo, Loki and the bunch along with it. There is no bonus in the bonus incentive. You just get to complete the character. Vulture was even worse. He wasn't Vulture, he was Toomes. Don't label him Vulture if he's just Toomes. Just come correct about it. Flight gear my ayass. It's just the rest of his costume that shoulda been there anyway.

Now, I've been a big advocate for some sort of Extend-A-Figure concept, and I've been a big fan of it ever since Mattel did it with Metamorpho (Element Man, bleh!) in the first wave of their DCU figures. Not only was the figure the BAF (CNC if you wanna be totally accurate) for the wave but each part came with an extension like a rock arm or steel arm, etc. Now, it was not that innovative and it was a fairly simple concept, but in the end it was a completely "bonus" figure. You got the figure and you got some cool add on accessories. That would work for a guy like Reed or Marvel's version of Metamorpho, Absorbing man, or Sandman, or Hydro Man or Kamala. The options are nearly endless. I wouldn't even mind if they sold us Reed as a single because he is an accurate and complete figure without any extendable parts. Then included a fair amount of attachments instead of BAF parts with the other characters. That is technically a bonus. It's so simple. Reed is a figure you want and his extendable parts are a reward. If you want only the arms, buy characters A and C. You want only the legs, buy characters D and F. You want the neck and torso parts, get characters B and E. It gives you the option, but who in their right mind isn't gonna want them all? That's real fan service, not this BS hostage situation they're pulling with the Finish-A-Figure set up.

Am I alone in this?

I think it depends on how much of a deep cut you want in character selection. I’ve seen a lot of people on these boards clamoring for some pretty obscure characters. With a requisite piece to complete the must-have Finish-A-Figure, the obscure character doesn’t sell enough to warrant Hasbro making him. 

On 8/10/2021 at 5:19 PM, GreenwithNV said:

I think it depends on how much of a deep cut you want in character selection. I’ve seen a lot of people on these boards clamoring for some pretty obscure characters. With a requisite piece to complete the must-have Finish-A-Figure, the obscure character doesn’t sell enough to warrant Hasbro making him. 

Yes, I'm one of those people mostly just buys the obscure characters that are being made for the first time. I've been collecting this line for 2 full decades and I don't need any more versions of the A-listers. However Hasbro has made several BAFs that I really, really wanted recently so I'm been buying more full waves and allowing myself to replace some of my dated Toy Biz figures with less articulated but better overall looking recent Hasbro figures of some of those repeated characters. I basically only do that with the waves with BAFs that I want though. If it wasn't for the BAF model I wouldn't be purchasing additional versions of characters I didn't have (or the 2-packs / 3-packs). All in all, I think their strategy works on people like me. I probably spend at least a third more on my Legends purchases because of the BAF concept than I would if they weren't using it.

Now with that being said, I definitely did not / am not buying the MCU Vulture or MCU Sam-Cap to get their "wings".  That's a hard pass for me. Of course I consider myself more of a comic figure collector than an MCU collector so I wouldn't be buying those even if they came complete in one package either.

On 8/10/2021 at 5:57 PM, monron999 said:

Am I alone in this?

No, I 100% agree. Reed would still be a full figure without buying others, and it would be kinda novel to have a “BAF” that didn’t require you to buy all the figures to function. It’s a great plan that borrows from the Vulture model while avoiding its pitfalls.

On 8/10/2021 at 1:28 PM, McHogan said:

Given up on finding 3 more red in the wild so my 6 Ninja army is 3 red and 3 black

Don’t give up so soon! My shop literally got a case of Hand Ninjas in today, which just saw a reprint, which means it’s likely all the online retailers did too. You may want to look around.

On 8/9/2021 at 1:47 PM, Cyke82 said:

By the way, can anyone here confirm if the item number for High Evolutionary is F0353 and if F0354 would be Psycho Man as it was predicted? I pre-ordered F0353 from Amazon, but no confirmation yet from them for what i really got...

High Evolutionary is F0354 and Psycho-Man is F0353. I hope you didn’t end up double-ordering Psycho-Man!

On 8/10/2021 at 8:09 PM, Benn said:

Don’t give up so soon! My shop literally got a case of Hand Ninjas in today, which just saw a reprint, which means it’s likely all the online retailers did too. You may want to look around.

Good to know.  I think Hand Ninja and Lady Deathstrike are the only two wave MLs I haven't seen in the wild this year.

On 8/10/2021 at 3:08 PM, Air-Walker said:

Welcome to the world of modern toy collecting; every line is doing this now, unfortunately, though G.I. Joe Classified is the worst offender with every recent release being an exclusive.

Well I guess in reality the entire classified line is intended to be exclusives. But anyway legends exclusives should be things like Elvis modok not Johnny storm or invisible woman. 

On 8/10/2021 at 8:09 PM, Benn said:

Just when I think I’m out, I get pulled back in..

haha thanks for the info, I actually will give them another shot. I wondered if one day we’d see cases of these guys. 

Now.. do I go all in and buy 3 more Black Ninjas in the hopes for six each? Decisions..

EDIT: I did buy more Black Ninjas. tried for 3 but guess they are enforcing the 5 per customer rule. I got around that with the Hellfire Club goons buy ordering 4 on one order and 2 on another. Now the hunt restarts for Red!

On 8/10/2021 at 9:45 AM, RyanDaly said:

"..It pains me because Reed and Sue are my favorite members of the family.... each have some nagging imperfection..."

Its like someone's making a very stupid decision and the rest of them are just going along, or this is their way of milking $ out of collectors....make us keep buying until they finally land on the actual, 100% authentic figure. Which of course is years and years of buying figures. 

While I love the labcoat for Mr. Fantastic, I'd happily trade for elongated arms like the first version had. Frankly I'd prefer both; instead they give us a big "eff u" with the salad fork hands everyone hated the last time! 

The only thing to do for Invisible Woman was give her improved, and different, force field effects. They wanted to show the F4 in their N Zone outfits, so its just a repaint at that point. But what did they do. They recycle the same effect (which looks very milky instead of clear, here....hope that's just lighting) and then...the most baffling, bizarre thing....they make an all-different head. WTF. And I'll bet it doesnt even swap out with one of the better heads we got!