Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan-First Monday Live-Stream - Fantastic Four Retro Wave, X-Force 3-Pack, Galactus And More

JayC

On 8/11/2021 at 4:10 AM, Atlantis said:

Its like someone's making a very stupid decision and the rest of them are just going along, or this is their way of milking $ out of collectors....make us keep buying until they finally land on the actual, 100% authentic figure. Which of course is years and years of buying figures. 

While I love the labcoat for Mr. Fantastic, I'd happily trade for elongated arms like the first version had. Frankly I'd prefer both; instead they give us a big "eff u" with the salad fork hands everyone hated the last time! 

The only thing to do for Invisible Woman was give her improved, and different, force field effects. They wanted to show the F4 in their N Zone outfits, so its just a repaint at that point. But what did they do. They recycle the same effect (which looks very milky instead of clear, here....hope that's just lighting) and then...the most baffling, bizarre thing....they make an all-different head. WTF. And I'll bet it doesnt even swap out with one of the better heads we got!

Why didn't they give Sue the little wheel base, like the original toy

Reserved Torch & Thing, but will wait to see everyone else at a discount. Reserved Johnny & clear Sue too bc who tf knows what’ll happen with them, being pulse exclusives. And if they DON’T sell out eventually, it’s not like they’ll ever get a price cut anyway.

And the X-Force set is looking dope but I only really want Domino from it. Hoped she was gonna turn up on a X-Force retro card.

Domino and Human Torch have been on my top 10 for a long stinkin time now so it’s kinda lovely seeing them done finally. Err “Done better” I should say bc I couldn’t stand their last figures.

Wow, I was just going through the hi-res pics of the FF wave and OMFG! I was initially of the feeling that the Sue head sculpt was not as bad as it seemed and would translate much better in hand, but.....hell naw. Not only is it unappealing, but it is downright hideous. Who the hell let this one get by and did they actually pay the "artist" that created this monstrosity?

If I didn't know any better I would think that Hasbro intentionally wanted it this way to to tone down the idealism of all female superheroes being at least baseline attractive, but damn, you ain't gotta do her that dirty. They already put her on that wonky ayass, spaghetti leg, bony bag of hangers Kate Bishop buck. Is this the treatment Marvel's First Lady gets for having a borderline psychopathic sociopath for a husband, an arrogant self centered narcissist for a brother and a manic depressive momma's boy for a friend and somehow able to make them keep functioning as a team, while raising two kids that are capable of mass world destruction?

How do you go from the amazing facial sculpt of the Captain Carter figure to this butterface? This thing makes the Juggernaut wave Phoenix look like a beauty queen by comparison. Somebody dropped the ball on this, but bad. Somebody needs to lose their job for this one.

Luckily, it looks like they maintained the consistency on the bucks they used in the past so any of the other head sculpts from previous figures should fit, whatever it takes to do a hair swap, sculpting clay, putty, epoxy, major grinding, you better believe I'm gonna make it work.

On 8/10/2021 at 2:19 PM, GreenwithNV said:

I think it depends on how much of a deep cut you want in character selection. I’ve seen a lot of people on these boards clamoring for some pretty obscure characters. With a requisite piece to complete the must-have Finish-A-Figure, the obscure character doesn’t sell enough to warrant Hasbro making him. 

Red Wolf (and new methods show us they can do animals now- see GI Joe Snakeyes' Timber, D&D  Guenhwyvar- so we can get Lobo), Red Rajah, Equinox, Killraven....obscure characters that I love and I'm sure would sell well!

On 8/11/2021 at 12:26 PM, Nosferatuman62172 said:

Everyone's  upset about Sue's  headsculpt but it may just be a prototype.  Hopefully they'll  resculpt it between now and the final release.

I cant think of a single time this has ever happened. For one Prototypes dont tend to be shown in promo material and are usually unpainted and have something conveying that its an early proto. Its the final product. That would cost them much more to change and would technically be false advertising. What could potentially happen is they will re-release a better headsculpt down the line as a part of another wave or on a rare occasion, a pack in with another figure. But shes already got 2 other versions out, so chances are super slim at least for a while. 

On 8/11/2021 at 8:26 AM, Nosferatuman62172 said:

Everyone's  upset about Sue's  headsculpt but it may just be a prototype.  Hopefully they'll  resculpt it between now and the final release.

Perhaps. I share your hope. But the first Invisible Woman came out in 2017, the last one 2019, both had the same heads (they modified the hair for the most recent one). I can't imagine a need for a prototype now. 

I don't know what they were trying to do here, but whatever it was its clearly been botched. Its a senseless waste of time, effort, and money. Its bad enough they're keeping her on that Dani /Kate body mold. She's not a teenager. She's a grown woman, has had children... come on. But to ramp up the silliness they give her this ridiculous face....why.

I've gotta say...that headsculpt on Sue really is as brutal as indicated. And that's not a band wagon I'm eager to jump on.

And it will NOT change - with Legends (all of Hasbro) they never do change from render to release. 

Like the dumb neck and overall horrible-ness of Silver Centurion Iron Man, this goes in the "How the hell could they do this so badly when it's already been done (at least twice)?!?!" And also the "Thanks for varianting the worst figure in the wave for a first ML figure." There goes my actually invisible Invisible Woman.

And how did this even happen? I mean, even if you were desperate NOT to use either of the existing Sue Storm bods & heads (both perfectly fine, imho) why couldn't Silk, or Retro Dazzler or one of the Stepford Cuckoos or Blink (head only) be used instead of this? Its  brutal. Just poor. If Rachel Summers turns out anything like this in the Excalibur box, I'm done with Legends. Wait, what? No, I'm actually serious.

I hope they continue the FF Retro wave with more Allies and Villans... Inhumans ESPECIALLY.  I also want Attuma, Wizard & Diablo

I'm very pleased with everything shown  The whole FF wave is a must buy!!

I'm puzzled at Clear Sue being exclusive. I'll be getting both if possible and alternating pieces to make her semi translucent. I echo the sentiment that the Sue head is horrible!! 

I like that Rictor was announced. He's a fave of mine and we just need Feral and Siryn now. 

The more I think about it, the more MEZCO ruined this Mr. Fantastic for me. It's unrealistic to expect a single-carded figure to come with all of those accessories, but I would have at least wanted the extra stretched torso with stretched arms, enlarged hands, stretched boots, an extra set of hands, and one additional smirking head (ditch the beard). Basically, everything pictured except for H.E.R.B.I.E., the Ultimate Nullifier, the bearded head, and the neck. To me, Reed looks weird with a stretched neck. That seems like more of a Plastic Man/Elongated Man thing than a Mr. Fantastic thing.

Knowing that, Hasbro should've made a deluxe Reed with a long of these stretched limbs and accessories, and for the regular line one, keep the lab coat gimmick, but instead of the weird ass finger hands, give us a crazy-looking Kirby-style weapon, like an Anti-Terrax Fusion Cannon or something that he invents on the fly. 

spacer.png

On 8/11/2021 at 6:10 PM, RyanDaly said:

The more I think about it, the more MEZCO ruined this Mr. Fantastic for me. It's unrealistic to expect a single-carded figure to come with all of those accessories, but I would have at least wanted the extra stretched torso with stretched arms, enlarged hands, stretched boots, an extra set of hands, and one additional smirking head (ditch the beard). Basically, everything pictured except for H.E.R.B.I.E., the Ultimate Nullifier, the bearded head, and the neck. To me, Reed looks weird with a stretched neck. That seems like more of a Plastic Man/Elongated Man thing than a Mr. Fantastic thing.

Knowing that, Hasbro should've made a deluxe Reed with a long of these stretched limbs and accessories, and for the regular line one, keep the lab coat gimmick, but instead of the weird ass finger hands, give us a crazy-looking Kirby-style weapon, like an Anti-Terrax Fusion Cannon or something that he invents on the fly. 

spacer.png

Yeah, a deluxe Reed is a great idea with all that stuff. 

On 8/11/2021 at 11:26 AM, Nosferatuman62172 said:

You would think but I feel these will be hitting very soon. Also may look better in person then seeing on the internet. The jury is stlll out for me on these. I already have two sets so I am kinda I dunno. I had better versions pictured in my head on these and the Sue head really ruined it for me. May do a head swap if I do decide to get these.

On 8/9/2021 at 12:03 PM, AnotherPunkChef said:

Man, every figure looks great, but I don't remember the last time Hasbro did a downright UGLY female head sculpt....hopefully it'll get fixed before it goes into production....

As for the hand, my head is telling me "animated style Morbius" by my heart says "Emplate from an upcoming Generation X wave"

You don't remember last year lol? I'm talking about the retro Rogue. I know some people eventually ended up liking it but I wasn't one of those people.

But add me to the chorus saying ugh, what a buttugly head on the new Sue. And I'm also doubtful that it gets changed before production.

ALL they had to do for her was throw in some force shield effects we haven't seen yet. They put her in the N-Zone costume so outside of the repaint, there was nothing else to do.

Yet some imbecile made the decision to waste money creating a new head ( if its re-used I can't tell where from) that not only wasn't needed, its also unappealing and doesn't "look like" the Invisible Woman we already have. What is with this lantern jaw thing??

We could've got a new effect, or even a stretched arm for Mr. Fantastic, for the money they spent here.

On 8/12/2021 at 7:20 AM, Atlantis said:

ALL they had to do for her was throw in some force shield effects we haven't seen yet. They put her in the N-Zone costume so outside of the repaint, there was nothing else to do.

Yet some imbecile made the decision to waste money creating a new head ( if its re-used I can't tell where from) that not only wasn't needed, its also unappealing and doesn't "look like" the Invisible Woman we already have. What is with this lantern jaw thing??

We could've got a new effect, or even a stretched arm for Mr. Fantastic, for the money they spent here.

They'll probably say something like they wanted to have a face sculpt closer to the show or some nonsense. Still looks like I'm getting the Super Skrull wave Sue now.

More then the whole Sue's face looks like Rene Zellwegger as Briget Jones , which that's what it looks like to me 🤣, is the whole hey thanks Hasbro for making sure us Canadian's got a good snuffing on Hasbro Pulse/Disney Store exlusive boxset, which offends me that with shipping and exchange costs 140$ , thanks thanks,, no we as Canadian's love how you offer us a great deal with your Hasbro Pulse, no we love that we just use Hasbro Pulse US, we don;t need our own

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 8/11/2021 at 6:10 PM, RyanDaly said:

spacer.png

Oh you know it’s probably in the pipeline. 

The invisible Invisible Woman looks fine, which leads me to believe the main problem with the new face is paint-related, which could mean that the figure in the promo shots just has misaligned eyes or some other minor paint defect that’s making her look a lot worse than the average copy of this figure will look. It’s not very likely, but it’s possible. I agree with most of the criticism here, especially regarding consistency with her previous figures, but don’t think the head’s quite as bad as most of you seem to. It’s not as bad as the upcoming Shadowcat or nearly any maskless Wolverine to date, and the recent Jean Grey continues to be the worst figure of the year by a wide margin. In other news, as awkward as Domino’s face-plate microphone thing looks, I’m pleasantly surprised by her face underneath. The render had me worried that she was gonna have the same problems as Shadowcat.

On 8/12/2021 at 10:44 AM, Benn said:

The invisible Invisible Woman looks fine, which leads me to believe the main problem with the new face is paint-related, which could mean that the figure in the promo shots just has misaligned eyes or some other minor paint defect that’s making her look a lot worse than the average copy of this figure will look. 

Uhm, no, the proportion of the face (jaw-lips-eyes) are wrong, as you mention with the right paint can be slightly improved, but still not great.

On 8/9/2021 at 7:38 PM, tarot said:

It make people hypocrites IMO. 

Or . . . it means people have an opinion. They are allowed.

It's like I bought that last Cannonball figure, but that does nothing to change my opinion Hasbro screwed the pooch on it. Just as, if I should buy the X-Force set, it won't change my opinion Hasbro is pulling a sleazy move trying to make us pay them for a figure they F-ed up on in the first place.

On 8/12/2021 at 12:30 PM, Legender said:

Uhm, no, the proportion of the face (jaw-lips-eyes) are wrong, as you mention with the right paint can be slightly improved, but still have a tranny proportions.

Agreed! the jaw is pretty messed up.