Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan-First Monday Live-Stream - Fantastic Four Retro Wave, X-Force 3-Pack, Galactus And More

JayC

On 8/12/2021 at 1:26 PM, mako said:

Or . . . it means people have an opinion. They are allowed.

It's like I bought that last Cannonball figure, but that does nothing to change my opinion Hasbro screwed the pooch on it. Just as, if I should buy the X-Force set, it won't change my opinion Hasbro is pulling a sleazy move trying to make us pay them for a figure they F-ed up on in the first place.

Thats how I feel as well. Jay C called it when they released that figure awhile back and said he figures they would make another with legs later down the road. I think we all seen that coming.

On 8/12/2021 at 3:10 AM, RyanDaly said:

The more I think about it, the more MEZCO ruined this Mr. Fantastic for me. It's unrealistic to expect a single-carded figure to come with all of those accessories, but I would have at least wanted the extra stretched torso with stretched arms, enlarged hands, stretched boots, an extra set of hands, and one additional smirking head (ditch the beard). Basically, everything pictured except for H.E.R.B.I.E., the Ultimate Nullifier, the bearded head, and the neck. To me, Reed looks weird with a stretched neck. That seems like more of a Plastic Man/Elongated Man thing than a Mr. Fantastic thing.

Knowing that, Hasbro should've made a deluxe Reed with a long of these stretched limbs and accessories, and for the regular line one, keep the lab coat gimmick, but instead of the weird ass finger hands, give us a crazy-looking Kirby-style weapon, like an Anti-Terrax Fusion Cannon or something that he invents on the fly. 

spacer.png

I think we gonna see Deluxe Reed as part of 4 pack that will come out in time of FF movie. 

On 8/12/2021 at 4:14 PM, Dodge76 said:

Thats how I feel as well. Jay C called it when they released that figure awhile back and said he figures they would make another with legs later down the road. I think we all seen that coming.

Yeah, none of us were surprised at that one. I can even give the Has' a little bit of a pass since it IS a nice set (gotta love the 90s). It just kinda irks me.

On 8/10/2021 at 9:37 AM, JayC said:
"....The Hand is a ninja order that serves a dark force referred to by members as the Beast.....Includes: figure and 5 accessories. This figure is sold as a Pulse exclusive and slated to ship on March 1, 2022..."

Army-Builder-Hand-Ninja-03.jpg

Army-Builder-Hand-Ninja-02.jpg

Army-Builder-Hand-Ninja-01.jpg

The "Beast Hand" guys are ok. Frankly, IMO, this is one of the times  Hasbro Legends is gonna have to take a back seat to another toy line. Articulated Icons' ninjas got there first, and did it better. No hate, just keepin it real, yo. Word to your motha.

On 8/13/2021 at 2:20 AM, Atlantis said:

The "Beast Hand" guys are ok. Frankly, IMO, this is one of the times  Hasbro Legends is gonna have to take a back seat to another toy line. Articulated Icons' ninjas got there first, and did it better. No hate, just keepin it real, yo. Word to your motha.

Eh, barely, and for over double the price. Who wants to army-build ninjas at $40 each?

On 8/10/2021 at 8:09 PM, Benn said:

Don’t give up so soon! My shop literally got a case of Hand Ninjas in today, which just saw a reprint, which means it’s likely all the online retailers did too. You may want to look around.

Welp.. you were right. Today alone I found two more Red Hand to give me 5 total.Thanks for the heads up on the reprint. 

Thinking ill stop at 5 Red since I could only get 5 Black. My normal Army Builders stop at 6 by screw it.. 10 Ninjas is awesome.

On 8/13/2021 at 9:25 AM, Benn said:

Eh, barely, and for over double the price. Who wants to army-build ninjas at $40 each?

They are currently $11.99. I found out a few weeks ago and snagged some. It kind of blows my mind they charged $40 for these. They are cool but they are much more in line with marvel legends so $15-20 seems much more fitting. They are also just a bit smaller than Id hoped. Still super cool and for anyone who needs some ninja army building for cheap, they have about 4-5 colors at that price. 

On 8/17/2021 at 10:18 AM, EvilHayato said:

They are currently $11.99. I found out a few weeks ago and snagged some. It kind of blows my mind they charged $40 for these. They are cool but they are much more in line with marvel legends so $15-20 seems much more fitting. They are also just a bit smaller than Id hoped. Still super cool and for anyone who needs some ninja army building for cheap, they have about 4-5 colors at that price. 

Where did you purchase for $12?

• 1 month later...

So The Retro Thing is showing in stock at Dorkside, and someone posted a screenshot on Fwoosh of a notification from BBTS that it would be charging and shipping soon. I didn't get a notification, although I have it preordered from BBTS. 

Is it March 2022 already? This is a truly bizarre happening. Everything is months behind and this is coming 5 months early??

• 3 weeks later...

The first video review that I've seen of the retro Invisible Woman in-hand was posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il7b2N2bHW8

Sue has the same bad headsculpt that we saw in the reveal. I'm glad this reviewer is honest and calls it terrible and suggests that Hasbro should allow some avenue for products to be changed based on fan feedback before it goes into production. I doubt that will happen but I'd definitely be in favor of it.

I agree with pretty much everything the reviewer says, including the fact that the big hair design is not the problem (it's the face sculpt that's bad), and the fact that the artwork on the card shows an attractive Sue that is way better than the figure's actual face.

The same user has reviews of the other figures in the wave too.

Sue.jpg

On 10/17/2021 at 6:26 AM, Sasquatch said:

The first video review that I've seen of the retro Invisible Woman in-hand was posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il7b2N2bHW8

Sue has the same bad headsculpt that we saw in the reveal. I'm glad this reviewer is honest and calls it terrible and suggests that Hasbro should allow some avenue for products to be changed based on fan feedback before it goes into production. I doubt that will happen but I'd definitely be in favor of it.

I agree with pretty much everything the reviewer says, including the fact that the big hair design is not the problem (it's the face sculpt that's bad), and the fact that the artwork on the card shows an attractive Sue that is way better than the figure's actual face.

The same user has reviews of the other figures in the wave too.

Sue.jpg

You can see what Hasbro were trying to do, by trying in imitate the box art, but somehow they turned a smile into a scowl. The more I look at it, the more I'm reminded of "Monkey Faced" Leia for the Kenner 90's Star Wars line

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 8:00 PM, JayC said:

Shown below via MFCT are in hand images for the new Marvel Legends 6” The Hand Ninja Army Builder Pack from Hasbro which here in the US was sold as a Pulse exclusive. They have also posted an unboxing video for it as well.

A7B2A015-5782-4E3A-BD25-0751CC9398F1.jpeg

D3B31BDC-99A1-4F6D-984A-D4E32DE8714F.jpeg

6DF4A106-F968-4FB2-A4DF-B2F44FC60720.jpeg

D126F125-B1B1-49FE-A888-BF66DE9433FF.jpeg

D0B76BE8-554B-47ED-A4A9-A13CC6BE7D77.jpeg

E073200A-6D02-4368-804B-3FE7F8EF76F5.jpeg

9015EFAE-6C01-44F0-93B2-BC13C180D466.jpeg

C00D5926-CD76-4530-BC5C-4F40B935C83C.jpeg

4E02EDE4-DA1C-4A3C-8728-BE6C57207939.jpeg

C3B33AF5-669D-4403-880F-804EDAEBF172.jpeg

7102FABE-3CDC-46F3-8BF5-BA4C5C04F0F2.jpeg

7208AAD7-4C8B-441A-AF6E-BABB58ED16B4.jpeg

Like these better than the red versions. Glad to have both, just prefer my Ninjas shadowy