Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan-First Monday Live-Stream - Fantastic Four Retro Wave, X-Force 3-Pack, Galactus And More

JayC

On 11/16/2021 at 1:00 AM, JayC said:

Shown below via MFCT are in hand images for the new Marvel Legends 6” The Hand Ninja Army Builder Pack from Hasbro which here in the US was sold as a Pulse exclusive. They have also posted an unboxing video for it as well.

A7B2A015-5782-4E3A-BD25-0751CC9398F1.jpeg

D3B31BDC-99A1-4F6D-984A-D4E32DE8714F.jpeg

6DF4A106-F968-4FB2-A4DF-B2F44FC60720.jpeg

D126F125-B1B1-49FE-A888-BF66DE9433FF.jpeg

D0B76BE8-554B-47ED-A4A9-A13CC6BE7D77.jpeg

E073200A-6D02-4368-804B-3FE7F8EF76F5.jpeg

9015EFAE-6C01-44F0-93B2-BC13C180D466.jpeg

C00D5926-CD76-4530-BC5C-4F40B935C83C.jpeg

4E02EDE4-DA1C-4A3C-8728-BE6C57207939.jpeg

C3B33AF5-669D-4403-880F-804EDAEBF172.jpeg

7102FABE-3CDC-46F3-8BF5-BA4C5C04F0F2.jpeg

7208AAD7-4C8B-441A-AF6E-BABB58ED16B4.jpeg

Looks pretty good. Hopefully I might eb able to get 2 of these

On 8/12/2021 at 9:30 AM, Legender said:

Uhm, no, the proportion of the face (jaw-lips-eyes) are wrong, as you mention with the right paint can be slightly improved, but still not great.

So true. The face is botched, pure and simple. No amount of fudging about the paint can hide or excuse this. This was a totally needless change on the part of Hasbro....did they deliberately do this just to see how many suckers fans would buy it, just to be sure to get that variant costume? At least the heads from the previous versions will fit on this. That's a good thing.

Out of the numerous complaints and bad reviews on this, I notice more fans are pointing out that the body is just as bad, or at least in dire need of an upgrade. That's also a good thing. Hopefully that will push these guys into doing right by the female figures. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/7/2023 at 8:13 AM, toynewman said:

Our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com has the Hasbro Fantastic Four Marvel Legends Vintage Collection Set of 6 Figures on sale for $49.99 for all 6.

FF-Retro-01__scaled_600.jpg

Not for nothing, but I just have to say...while I have my problems with hasbo's work on the Fantastic Four, that Psycho Man is a true underrated gem. An obscure, likely difficult figure to do, that has very little re-use potential, but still they did a truly great job.  Well done.

On 8/8/2023 at 12:36 AM, Atlantis said:

Not for nothing, but I just have to say...while I have my problems with hasbo's work on the Fantastic Four, that Psycho Man is a true underrated gem. An obscure, likely difficult figure to do, that has very little re-use potential, but still they did a truly great job.  Well done.

100% Agree, Same almost can be said about High Evolutionary, which is amazing figure in its own right but the lack of paint apps or maybe plastic finish choice diminishes the great sculpting work and effort that was put into it. 

On 8/7/2023 at 3:36 PM, Atlantis said:

On 8/7/2023 at 4:34 PM, SpiderS said:

100% Agree, Same almost can be said about High Evolutionary, which is amazing figure in its own right but the lack of paint apps or maybe plastic finish choice diminishes the great sculpting work and effort that was put into it. 

I concur with Atlantis and SpiderS. Psycho Man and High Evolutionary are both two of my favorite figures in recent history. I'm also quite fond of this Human Torch. It's still somewhat surprising to me that these went to such deep clearance - almost at an Eternals movie wave like level!

I never got any of the Walgreens F4 figures, so I probably like this Retro/Vintage wave more than those who did. Honestly though when they put Franklin and Valeria in the Negative Zone black costumes that clinched for me that the Super Skrull wave versions of the main team would be what I would be displaying in my collection (even though I strongly prefer the classic blue and whites).

I also somewhat foolishly believed that the High Evolutionary comic figure would be more in demand after he appeared in GOTG3, especially since he didn't get a MCU figure, but I was obviously mistaken.

I think that the Thing is the only figure from this wave that I didn't end up picking multiple of when I found them for under $10. He seemed to be the best seller and the hardest to find of the six, at least here locally. HE, PM and IW were packing the pegs for $7-10 for the longest time!

I can't help but wonder if our next F4 figures will be MCU based (after they debut, of course) rather than comic. That idea honestly saddens me a bit.

On 8/7/2023 at 8:47 PM, Thwippersnapper said:

For me, this was one of the most disappointing waves ever. The classic, iconic team such as this deserved way better.

So true and so sad. There is so much lost potential with the Fantastic Four Legends figures. They need an impressive update. 

Its a team with a rich field of opportunity....alternative costumes, equipment, etc. Look at all the characters they've influenced: the Sub-Mariner, the Silver Surfer, the Black Panther, the Inhumans, the Skrulls. Galactus and the Heralds. Negative Zone, Annihilus, Blastarr. The Frightful Four. Agatha Harkness. Thundra, Arkon. Of course, Dr. Doom. 

I'd like to see the core team redone, and in proper scale to each other.