Spider-Man Marvel Legends Retro Collection Spider-Man 2099 Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

MCUcollector24 takes a look at the new Spider-Man Marvel Legends Retro Collection Spider-Man 2099 figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Retro-Spider-Man-2099-01.JPG

Retro-Spider-Man-2099-02.JPG

Retro-Spider-Man-2099-03.JPG

Retro-Spider-Man-2099-04.JPG

Retro-Spider-Man-2099-05.JPG

Retro-Spider-Man-2099-06.JPG

Retro-Spider-Man-2099-07.JPG

Retro-Spider-Man-2099-08.JPG

Retro-Spider-Man-2099-09.JPG

Yeah that new version is not a full on improvement, dwarfed all the color aspects, its much more stealthy i guess but i love the red and blue pop in the original. The decal is also alot more apparent and interesting. This new one kind of looks like the old one sat in the sun for a long time. I missed out on the original so I debate on if i want this one or not. spidey 2099 is one of my favorites of the 2099 designs. 

On 8/8/2021 at 6:36 PM, Atlantis said:

Not a fan of the character, not a fan of the figure. Ironically though if I had to pick, I'd go with the Hobgoblin wave version. Its just more vibrant and exciting. NONE of these hold a candle to the Sandman wave White & Red Spider-Man. That is a work of art.

bruh u high asf that design ass 

I'm guessing they went with his almost-black blue because Spider-Man 2099's suit was originally technically black but it seemed blue because of the highlights used for it.

So Hasbro can take into account such technicalities. Now I can bring this up the next time I complain about the Stealth Iron Man's color scheme.

I am just excited I can finally get this figure, the older version is priced and has been forever with insanity in mind, I am a huge Spidey 2099 fan, Loved the books as a kid, and always wanted this figure, however that being said, this version isn't a huge improvement from the first one we got (it's more a down grade), in fact I kinda agree with people saying this is the less superior verson, the colors are weirdly muted the symbol on the chest is smaller, this original has a great metallic paint and this one looks dusty, it's still on this now super outdated buck, it leaves a ton to be desired, but since it's finally a chance to get Spidey 2099 in my collection I'll take what I can get.

On 8/8/2021 at 11:36 PM, Atlantis said:

Not a fan of the character, not a fan of the figure. Ironically though if I had to pick, I'd go with the Hobgoblin wave version. Its just more vibrant and exciting. NONE of these hold a candle to the Sandman wave White & Red Spider-Man. That is a work of art.

I'm a fan of Miguel and never got a chance to get either the original or the white version. So I'll be definitely be picking this up. Hopefully they will rerelease the white version as well, I love that suit (partly due to it being designed by an Irishman)

On 8/8/2021 at 10:26 PM, HellspawnFan1172 said:

bruh u high asf that design ass 

count me in as another fan of that red-and-white costume, although i'll admit i'm not a huge fan of the character.  The only thing i don't like are the blue highlights on the feet, wish they'd just stuck with black, white, and red.

But anyhow i'm skipping this iteration of spidey 2099; however, nice option for those that missed the previous versions even if its not as  good. i'm guessing both prior versions are more pricey in the aftermarket.

On 8/9/2021 at 10:31 AM, bashpics99 said:

count me in as another fan of that red-and-white costume, although i'll admit i'm not a huge fan of the character.  The only thing i don't like are the blue highlights on the feet, wish they'd just stuck with black, white, and red.

But anyhow i'm skipping this iteration of spidey 2099; however, nice option for those that missed the previous versions even if its not as  good. i'm guessing both prior versions are more pricey in the aftermarket.

Was not expecting this many people to not be into the character. Personally, I really prefer him over Miles as a successor to the mantle of Spider-Man, and I really liked his original 90's run. 

On 8/8/2021 at 11:02 PM, ADour said:

I'm guessing they went with his almost-black blue because Spider-Man 2099's suit was originally technically black but it seemed blue because of the highlights used for it.

So Hasbro can take into account such technicalities. Now I can bring this up the next time I complain about the Stealth Iron Man's color scheme.

nah man this #$## purple and i hate it 

On 8/9/2021 at 11:29 PM, HellspawnFan1172 said:

nah man this #$## purple and i hate it 

I 100% agree. The blue in the first one was so damn eye catching. Like why not just a different more vibrant blue?! so dumb. Hasbro is always 2 steps forward, 3 steps back. 

One thing I wonder is how do the approvers approve this kind of thing? Like clearly it looks bad and they know its bad but they are just like op! no time to fix it now! Like that hood figure, I think they knew it was not great but they went along with it anyways. They have some far superior looking figures theyve brought out and when they have things like Sue and Hood pop up, its really questionable why these things slip so easily through the cracks. 

On 8/10/2021 at 3:40 PM, SpiderS said:

I said it on other forum, I really wish they would use Superior Doc Ock body for that Spidey, I did very rough shop of that and even that looks better and gives us idea how good it would be if Hasbro used superior ock body. 

spacer.png

I mean that body is technically 2099s.. just the white version. That alone gives you a good idea at how well it would go with the original blue look. 

On 8/11/2021 at 7:32 PM, EvilHayato said:

I mean that body is technically 2099s.. just the white version. That alone gives you a good idea at how well it would go with the original blue look. 

Yup, but also new torso from Superior ock makes that body proportionally better than original white 2099 body + ock's peg hole would work for his cape, just sad to see such wasted opportunity ugh. 

On 8/11/2021 at 6:02 PM, SpiderS said:

Yup, but also new torso from Superior ock makes that body proportionally better than original white 2099 body + ock's peg hole would work for his cape, just sad to see such wasted opportunity ugh. 

Oh wow, after you mention it, I had to compare, crazy i didnt realize they changed around the torso and isnt an ab crunch. They reuse this mold so damn much, I assumed it was unaltered. That is a good idea for a new blue 2099.