Most Wanted Retro Cardable Fantastic Four Villains

RyanDaly

After a year of speculation and teaser, the retro-carded Fantastic Four wave is officially for sale (pre-orders). As we all know, the wave includes the emotional Psycho-Man as well as the High Evolutionary, who is truthfully more a Marvel Universe villain than just a FF villain. In fact, I suspect a lot of X-Men fans are the reason High Evolutionary sold out faster than other figures in the wave.

We also got Doctor Doom on the retro card last year. So, assuming the Fantastic Four follows the same suit as the retro-carded Spider-Man, X-Men, and Marvel Superheroes lines, we should get some more FF characters sprinkled throughout the next couple years, possibly as fan channel exclusives, but maybe not. I'm sure a lot of us would love to see Shulkie in her Fantastic Four uniform, but let's focus on some more villains. 

What are your three most wanted Fantastic Foes that could be released on a retro cardback? Assume that a character like Dragon Man is too large for a release like this, and Annihilus, as much as we'd all like him, is probably slated for a deluxe edition or BAF, so those two are off the table. 

spacer.png

My Top 3:

1. Mole Man - and he should come with a pair of diminutive Moloids, which can later be repackaged in four or five-packs as army builders.
  2. Puppet Master - should come with little clay figurines of the FF
  3. Super-Skrull - simple redeco of the BAF that came out in 2020. Slightly brighter color green skin and purple on the uniform.

alot of the fan channel set are just repaints. But if I had to

• the 3 you mention
  • Wizard
  • Trapster
  • Blastaar (I would even just take the SDCC version with a new torso for the classic version)
  • Diablo

I would also include the Inhumans and stuff from the Silver Surfers side of things as they are generally considered part of the F4 overall franchise.

On 8/10/2021 at 6:36 PM, RyanDaly said:

That has been the case up until recently, but we've now seen Hercules and Tigra, who are mostly or completely new sculpts.

Silver Samurai as well.

My answer on this one will change with the wind, but today my answer is:

1. Puppet Master
  2. Blastaar (in his 1960s armor)
  3. The Wizard

You don't want to know the dark and horrible things I would do to get the Red Ghost and his Super-Apes.

On 8/11/2021 at 12:07 AM, MonsterChris said:

Silver Samurai as well.

My answer on this one will change with the wind, but today my answer is:

1. Puppet Master
  2. Blastaar (in his 1960s armor)
  3. The Wizard

You don't want to know the dark and horrible things I would do to get the Red Ghost and his Super-Apes.

That was part of a wave. we are talking about the ones that comes out later like the recent 2099, Black Cat and JJJ.

On 8/10/2021 at 7:07 PM, MonsterChris said:

I would love Red Ghost and the Super-Apes, but it seems like such a weird and unique concept without a ton of mass appeal that it would probably only happen as a SDCC or Pulse Con exclusive like Elvis M.O.D.O.K. with the NEXTWAVE guy. 

we will probably get Red Ghost with one of the monkey but the orangutan and gorilla might not make the cut. 

Although saying that if they do make the gorilla, then it will be remade into Gorilla Man. Okay. That's it. Next BAF campaign will be Gorilla Man with a possible Mikhlo as a possible other version. Hey it worked for Ursa Major and I'm pretty sure Dwight said they are working on a possible Grizzly. 

I really would like to see Crystal in that line, preferably on Nova Frankie body and generally going for inhumans would be really good direction for the series along with other ff foes such as Diablo and Wizard. They could additionally do bunch of reissues and maybe even redo Namor with new pinless body, it would make sense time wise  since there's rumor of him being in Black Panther sequel and naturally Black Panther  would also benefit from pinless body redo.

I guess saying Overmind, Devos, Brute or Terminus can't count because those would be deluxe or BAFs

but I always like to shake it up and say characters that everybody else doesn't, or these threads just look like people playing the same songs.

1. Salamandra

2. Rama Tut

3. Hyperstorm

also my honorables Lucia Von Bardas, Karisma & Llyra,

On 8/11/2021 at 11:09 PM, SpiderS said:

I really would like to see Crystal in that line, preferably on Nova Frankie body and generally going for inhumans would be really good direction for the series along with other ff foes such as Diablo and Wizard. They could additionally do bunch of reissues and maybe even redo Namor with new pinless body, it would make sense time wise  since there's rumor of him being in Black Panther sequel and naturally Black Panther  would also benefit from pinless body redo.

Crystal needs to be done. She's the only one of the Inhuman Royal Family to never get a figure 

On 8/12/2021 at 3:26 AM, leokearon said:

Crystal needs to be done. She's the only one of the Inhuman Royal Family to never get a figure 

Yeah Crystal needs a figure and I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet, she's an easy do, in fact most of the major Inhumans are fairly easy for Hasbro to pull of like Triton, Karnak , Gorgon is the only one that might have some big sculpt alts because of his legs, but why we have not gotten a 4 pack of Crystal, Karnak, Gordon & Triton by now , they gave us Triton and Karnak in 3.75, it all doesn't amuse me.

And people gotta stop using the whole "the show bombed" excuse.

On 8/12/2021 at 3:15 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I guess saying Overmind, Devos, Brute or Terminus can't count because those would be deluxe or BAFs

but I always like to shake it up and say characters that everybody else doesn't, or these threads just look like people playing the same songs.

1. Salamandra

2. Rama Tut

3. Hyperstorm

also my honorables Lucia Von Bardas, Karisma & Llyra,

I would get Rama Tut and Llyra.

On 8/13/2021 at 1:51 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

What nobody wants a Hyperstorm aka Jonathan Richards ! , the crazy future son of Franklin Richards and Racheal Summers!

spacer.png

*sigh*

There's a lot I like about the Tom DeFalco/Paul Ryan era of Fantastic Four, but not the dreadfully obvious ways DeFalco tried to copy everything that was popular about the X-Men books of that time and shoehorn similar themes into the FF.

On 8/13/2021 at 6:41 AM, RyanDaly said:

*sigh*

There's a lot I like about the Tom DeFalco/Paul Ryan era of Fantastic Four, but not the dreadfully obvious ways DeFalco tried to copy everything that was popular about the X-Men books of that time and shoehorn similar themes into the FF.

Hahah, no you are not wrong about all that, I was mostly being facetious, I could understand why people might go..ugh, he's pretty ridiculous, he looks pretty cool though despite being an Exodus/Corsair blend knock off . 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 2:48 PM, RyanDaly said:

In fact, I suspect a lot of X-Men fans are the reason High Evolutionary sold out faster than other figures in the wave.

On 8/11/2021 at 7:24 AM, Benn said:

Guilty!

I didn't pre-order him because he's not High* up on my list but that is also the reason why I will be picking him up if I see him in the wild.