A Super Villian Wedding, The Future Of Elektra, And More In Daredevil's Last Issue

JayC

Over the last two years, superstar writer Chip Zdarsky has teamed up with artists such as Marco Checchetto, Manuel Garcia, and more to make DAREDEVIL one of the hottest books on the stands! Throughout his groundbreaking work on the character, Zdarsky has delivered the most surprising era of Daredevil yet, including fascinating developments like Matt Murdock’s imprisonment, Kingpin and Typhoid Mary’s dangerous new relationship, and of course, Elektra taking over the mantle of Daredevil. And after 36 hard-hitting issues, Daredevil’s legacy as the protector of Hell’s Kitchen will never be the same. This November, Zdarsky’s legendary run will reach its climax in an explosive final issue, but his acclaimed Daredevil saga is far from over…

After a romance that’s blossomed over the last two years in DAREDEVIL, Mayor Wilson Fisk and Typhoid Mary are prepared to tie the knot! But in a fashion truly befitting The House of Ideas, calamity is right around the corner for the happy couple! Also discover who will be left standing as Daredevil: Matt Murdock or Electra Natchios?

“I know writers like to say things like “it’s all been building toward this!!” but, really, it has,” Zdarsky said. “When I sat down to write issue one, I knew that this issue was waiting and that it was going to drastically alter the lives of the Daredevil cast. Issue 36 is NOT an ending, it’s a beginning.

This must-have special issue of DAREDEVIL will have all the revelations fans have been waiting for! Make sure to keep your eyes on Marvel’s social channels on Tuesday, August 31st as we celebrate Marvel’s Birthday by revealing the next chapter of Chip Zdarsky & Marco Checchetto’s run on DAREDEVIL along with additional new projects from your favorite creators that will shape the past, present and future of Marvel Comics!

DAREDEVIL #36
Written by CHIP ZDARSKY
Art by MANUEL GARCIA
Cover by MARCO CHECCHETTO
On Sale 11/17!

Daredevil-36.jpg

On 8/17/2021 at 6:57 PM, Legender said:

Did you read Aaron's Thor just like 3 years ago or so?

Of course. How could I forget that in Aaron's run, Thor turned himself in after commiting manslaughter and when Jane Foster sought his help to thraw The Hand, Thor told her off, so she decided to become the new Thor to get his his good graces by keeping Hell's Kitchen safe in his absence?

I can't believe this Daredevil run is completely and absolutely ripping it off to a T. It's an exact copy and the one similarity isn't just superficial.

On 8/17/2021 at 5:27 PM, ADour said:

Of course. How could I forget that in Aaron's run, Thor turned himself in after commiting manslaughter and when Jane Foster sought his help to thraw The Hand, Thor told her off, so she decided to become the new Thor to get his his good graces by keeping Hell's Kitchen safe in his absence?

I can't believe this Daredevil run is completely and absolutely ripping it off to a T. It's an exact copy and the one similarity isn't just superficial.

So Daredevil believed he was "unworthy" of being Daredevil and his Ex took the mantle to protect Hells Kitchen in his absence in the meantime he look for himself? Wow, u r right, it doesnt sound like Thor at all, my bad!

Gnite!

On 8/18/2021 at 12:04 AM, Legender said:

So Daredevil believed he was "unworthy" of being Daredevil and his Ex took the mantle to protect Hells Kitchen in his absence in the meantime he look for himself? Wow, u r right, it doesnt sound like Thor at all, my bad!

Gnite!

When you put it like that-- you are most certainly wrong.

Because Matt doesn't feel unworthy of being Daredevil. He's still very much Daredevil and is even serving his sentence as Daredevil because of superhero law shenanigans. Matt was also willing to become a fugitive since he felt being Daredevil and being there to protect Hell's Kitchen was more important than serving his sentence even if he was guilty. Whereas Jane took the Thor mantle because "there must always be a Thor," Elektra is doing it as a gesture of good faith to show Matt that she is more than an assassin, so she can then get Matt's help later on. So Matt only turned himself in because Elektra would take his place.

Matt also approves of Elektra keeping Hell's Kitchen safe. If I'm not mistaken, for most of Jane's tenure as Thor, Odinson was against her running around using his name and hammer. Also, unlike Aaron's run, Matt is very much still the protagonist of his book since his story in jail is still followed. Whereas if I'm not mistaken, Thor went missing for a long portion of Jane's tenure, and he was pretty much phased out of the book. On the other hand, this book focuses on Matt as much as it focues on Elektra.

So yeah, your bad. I mean, unless you want to give it another shot at twisting the synopsis of a story tht you most definitely haven't read.