Amazon Exclusive Marvel Legends Wolverine 5-Pack Video Review And Images

JayC

On 8/18/2021 at 7:27 PM, MonsterChris said:

Me too.  Looks like they're referencing a more recent color scheme for him, but still.  Seems like the less-obvious choice.

All-New_X-Men_Vol_1_14.thumb.webp.30721431490065dd3be96e3c75f8e63e.webp

I wonder if they thought the little plastic toy version of a sinister, illusion-casting comic book supervillain would look silly if they colored the foppish, Victorian costume that he wears to his secret, mutants-only, world-domination / kinky sex-club meetings purple instead of black.

Yeah, they clearly based it on that one image, which is even more laughable as the Mastermind in that story is Lady Mastermind.

I've ordered the set. While I don't need another Omega Red, and I certainly don't need another Wolverine, the rest are enough for me to get it.  I've always liked Cyber, Calisto was a big part of the Uncanny X-men comics when I was reading them in the 80's, and Jason completes the Hellfire Club for me. I like the head sculpt they did for Mastermind, hopefully he will make it on to a more traditional body of the character... complete with inverness coat.

On 8/18/2021 at 4:41 PM, RyanDaly said:

From my read of this thread, it seems like a lot of people here are only interested in one or two of these characters, and there's a pretty wide variety. 

Has anyone expressed interest in splitting the cost and dividing the figures up amongst members of this site? 

I ordered and am only keeping the wyngard for sure so if your interested in the others let me know. I might keep the wolverine for a bash. I like the belt. 

On 8/18/2021 at 1:41 PM, RyanDaly said:

"....From my read of this thread, it seems like a lot of people here are only interested in one or two of these characters, and there's a pretty wide variety..."

You hit it. And that's been my frustration at this pack all along. Because when we first saw these figures, it didn't look like they were part of a set. Honestly, a body can look at virtually any wish list on this forum from the last two years, and see better proposed sets than this one. Tell me I'm wrong.  Seriously, they just threw this thing together; its got "last minute" all over it.  Now, if they had swapped out either Cyber or Omega Red for Leland, and included an actual Mastermind, it would have been a better set. 

On 8/22/2021 at 6:58 AM, Atlantis said:

You hit it. And that's been my frustration at this pack all along. Because when we first saw these figures, it didn't look like they were part of a set. Honestly, a body can look at virtually any wish list on this forum from the last two years, and see better proposed sets than this one. Tell me I'm wrong.  Seriously, they just threw this thing together; its got "last minute" all over it.  Now, if they had swapped out either Cyber or Omega Red for Leland, and included an actual Mastermind, it would have been a better set. 

Yeah the whole set is random with only some having a direct link to Logan. It still feels like a planned Retro wave

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2021 at 11:52 AM, JayC said:
ShartimusPrime takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Wolverine 5-Pack from Hasbro. This set includes figures of Callisto, Mastermind, Omega Red, Shirtless Wolverine and Cyber

Wolverine-5-pack-51.JPG

Wolverine-5-pack-54.JPG

Wolverine-5-pack-59.JPG

Wolverine-5-pack-61.JPG

Friend got his order today. And WOW did they do the silicone number on Callisto or what. I mean seriously, how idiotic is this....the one female figure who should be flat as a Scotch pancake, and they do this to her? At any rate, its still one really odd assortment...the only one I see here that's any worth is the Jason Wyngarde figure. For anyone who wasnt able to get Omega Red the first go 'round, this one's a repaint, but its great. 

On 10/10/2021 at 3:53 AM, Atlantis said:

Friend got his order today. And WOW did they do the silicone number on Callisto or what. I mean seriously, how idiotic is this....the one female figure who should be flat as a Scotch pancake, and they do this to her? At any rate, its still one really odd assortment...the only one I see here that's any worth is the Jason Wyngarde figure. For anyone who wasnt able to get Omega Red the first go 'round, this one's a repaint, but its great. 

Wow...The one female character who benefits from the smaller bust mold and they chose this? Hasbro works in mysterious ways.

On 10/10/2021 at 5:14 AM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Wow...The one female character who benefits from the smaller bust mold and they chose this? Hasbro works in mysterious ways.

Idiotic ways. They took Salma Hayek's form and turned her into a preteen. This one, who's basically Patti Smith/ Chrissy Hynde with an eyepatch (and I got nothin against 80s Chrissy), they pump up. Makes. No. Sense.

On 10/10/2021 at 10:15 PM, Atlantis said:

Idiotic ways. They took Salma Hayek's form and turned her into a preteen. This one, who's basically Patti Smith/ Chrissy Hynde with an eyepatch (and I got nothin against 80s Chrissy), they pump up. Makes. No. Sense.

I always thought Hynde or Joan Jett were likely inspirations for her design/characterization. I'm not sure what upper body they're reusing here but it just doesn't work not only because it doesn't fit the character but also, it looks like the top of some sort of bustier at the top while the bottom is a ripped t-shirt. What even is this?  Pair that with the fact they shoved her in a senseless box set despite the fan outcry for her and yet again Hasbro's decisions leave me scratching my head.

On 10/12/2021 at 9:36 PM, Benn said:

I ended up with an extra copy of this set if anybody is looking for individual figures from it. I have a trade list over on the trade board.

Hmmmm might be interested here, I did order this set, but I just want Cyber, Callisto and Mastermind.