Marvel Legends The Eternals Movie Wave Officially Revealed

JayC

Shown below via Yahoo is our first official look at Hasbro's new wave of Marvel Legends based on the Eternals movie. The regular release wave figures include the following:

- Sersi who will be played by actress Gemma Chan
- Makkari who will be played by actress Lauren Ridloff
- Sprite who will be played by actress Lia McHugh
- Phastos who will be played by actor Brian Tyree Henry
- Kingo who will be played by actor Kumail Nanjiani
- Druig who will be played by actor Barry Keoghan

Gilgamesh who is played by Don Lee is the Build-A-Figure for the wave.

Thena (Angelina Jolie) and Kro are stand-alone figures. Yahoo does not give details on how or where they will be released. If not sooner those details will likely be made available next Thursday during Hasbro's live-stream. Look for at least the regular wave to go up for pre-order by September 1. Eternals arrives in theaters on Nov. 5.

00.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals 4.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals 05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals 6.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals 9.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals 10.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals 11.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals 12.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals 13.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals 14.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals 15.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Eternals 16.jpg

I... I just don't understand the hate from you guys. This may sound hypocritical because I'm not an MCU collector so I won't buy any of them, but I think these are the best MCU-based figures Hasbro has ever done. The paint apps. The facial sculpts and likenesses. The colors, the details. Like... Are you guys sure you're not projecting some other bias towards the movie and the characters and the diversity of the cast onto these action figures, because they look really, really damn good? Even if I wasn't a Marvel Legends collector I would consider buying this entire line. The uniformity of the monochromatic outfits and vibrancy... They're like a modern update of the SilverHawks without the bird theme!

I think that these look great and plan to pick them all up - and that's coming from someone who strongly prefers comic figures and mostly avoids MCU versions.

The "hate" doesn't seem to be just for this movie or wave, but it often feels like many of the commenters on this site don't even seem to really like Marvel, Legends, comics, movies, figures or anything. It's often complaint after complaint. Fans have every right to share their views and opinions - but it feels like it's 80-90% complaining right now - which to me is ridiculous because Hasbro is doing an awesome job - and I say that as someone who was a Toy Biz fanboy back in the day and was furious when Hasbro got the license - but Hasbro has truly been doing a fantastic job over the past few years (after a very poor start in their early years).

On 8/20/2021 at 2:16 PM, Reno said:

I think that these look great and plan to pick them all up - and that's coming from someone who strongly prefers comic figures and mostly avoids MCU versions.

The "hate" doesn't seem to be just for this movie or wave, but it often feels like many of the commenters on this site don't even seem to really like Marvel, Legends, comics, movies, figures or anything. It's often complaint after complaint. Fans have every right to share their views and opinions - but it feels like it's 80-90% complaining right now - which to me is ridiculous because Hasbro is doing an awesome job - and I say that as someone who was a Toy Biz fanboy back in the day and was furious when Hasbro got the license - but Hasbro has truly been doing a fantastic job over the past few years (after a very poor start in their early years).

On 8/20/2021 at 1:44 PM, RyanDaly said:

I... I just don't understand the hate from you guys. This may sound hypocritical because I'm not an MCU collector so I won't buy any of them, but I think these are the best MCU-based figures Hasbro has ever done. The paint apps. The facial sculpts and likenesses. The colors, the details. Like... Are you guys sure you're not projecting some other bias towards the movie and the characters and the diversity of the cast onto these action figures, because they look really, really damn good? Even if I wasn't a Marvel Legends collector I would consider buying this entire line. The uniformity of the monochromatic outfits and vibrancy... They're like a modern update of the SilverHawks without the bird theme!

100% Great posts!

On 8/20/2021 at 12:44 PM, RyanDaly said:

I dont see hate, just zero interest, thats fair. Unless the movie is the best movie EVER, I dont see these guys selling really well, like some people say they may face same destiny as Captain Marvel wave. In the other hand, I dont see any Eternal receiving a comic treatment soon as Hasbro may push u to buy these for fill that niche.

I've said all along and still maintain that at the very least these are gonna look pretty nice all together as a set.  The trailers have definitely upped my interest, but as far as the characters go the Eternals were a comic property that I never really cared about "back in the day" so much like Guardians of the Galaxy Marvel has a chance to take an obscure property and bring it into the mainstream in an entertaining way.

That and I think the movie's gonna be pretty good, or at the very least have some really gorgeous cinematography.  It already seems to feel "different" from a lot of the MCU, for good or for ill.  

And it's official. I've officially just puked in my mouth a little bit. Give me the Angelina and Salma head sculpts and we can all just walk away and forget any of this ever happened. Hey, they should make an Eternals movie! Na, nobody would know who they are. Not even Captain Rogers would be able to sell that movie.

On 8/20/2021 at 9:44 AM, RyanDaly said:

"... I just don't understand the hate from you guys....  Are you guys sure you're not projecting some other bias towards the movie and the characters and the diversity of the cast onto these action figures... the uniformity of the monochromatic outfits and vibrancy... They're like a modern update of the SilverHawks without the bird theme!"

I can't speak for anyone else. I don't have "hate" towards the figures but I do have dislike for them. Yeah, I get that movie adaptations aren't going to capture the comic exactly, but here the studio didn't even try. These guys look nothing like the books and anytime I see that, it just comes across as a big "EFF U" to the comic enthusiasts.

(You know, the fan base that generated enough interest that the studio said "hey we should capitalize on that built in-audience" sweetness??)

So ok, its down to what the studio went with instead. Modified kurta pyjamas?? I don't care what anyone else tells you, that's what those are called. They're beautiful, they'd look great in your wardrobe, but not something superheroes would wear and not something for ACTION figures.  The paint on the figures is gorgeous, but if I wanted Silverhawks I can just buy them. Nothing to do with the diversity of the cast; fact is if these comic book companies had more diversity in the first place, then the studios wouldn't feel compelled to do it for them. 

Finally...I have stressed my disdain for the figures, not the movie. I don't know why they chose Eternals when there's so many more characters they could do, but I'm hoping the movie does well. 

On 8/20/2021 at 11:24 AM, Legender said:

I dont see hate, just zero interest, thats fair. Unless the movie is the best movie EVER, I dont see these guys selling really well, like some people say they may face same destiny as Captain Marvel wave. In the other hand, I dont see any Eternal receiving a comic treatment soon as Hasbro may push u to buy these for fill that niche.

I disagree, I've definitely seen hate for this wave. Every time I see a post about an update or pictures of this wave, the comments section is filled to the brim with people complaining about boring costumes or non-comic accuracy, or how nobody wants to see the movie or buy the wave. Personally, I love this wave, it's really nice to just be able to knock out a whole movie roster in one swoop and the figures themselves look gorgeous, aside from a couple of the faces. I actually far prefer these to those god-awful gaudy comic costumes, that may be due to me having no association with the comic version of these guys, as I suppose the same could be said about early Spider-Man or Avengers costumes as well. Regardless, I think these costumes perfectly fit the movie, they're elegant and refined, the metallic look makes them look armored while also being a bit otherworldly, and they look like the kinds of robes/outfits a race of immortal god-like beings would wear. 

I hesitate to say that this wave will perform as badly as Captain Marvel. It's certainly possible, but I think on the whole, this movie won't be as polarizing as Captain Marvel was in the fanbase, so it has a higher chance of selling better once the movie comes out, just like the Black Widow wave did and like what the Shang-Chi wave seems to be approaching upon release. 

On 8/20/2021 at 4:51 PM, Ironspider428 said:

I disagree, I've definitely seen hate for this wave. Every time I see a post about an update or pictures of this wave, the comments section is filled to the brim with people complaining about boring costumes or non-comic accuracy, or how nobody wants to see the movie or buy the wave. Personally, I love this wave, it's really nice to just be able to knock out a whole movie roster in one swoop and the figures themselves look gorgeous, aside from a couple of the faces. I actually far prefer these to those god-awful gaudy comic costumes, that may be due to me having no association with the comic version of these guys, as I suppose the same could be said about early Spider-Man or Avengers costumes as well. Regardless, I think these costumes perfectly fit the movie, they're elegant and refined, the metallic look makes them look armored while also being a bit otherworldly, and they look like the kinds of robes/outfits a race of immortal god-like beings would wear. 

I hesitate to say that this wave will perform as badly as Captain Marvel. It's certainly possible, but I think on the whole, this movie won't be as polarizing as Captain Marvel was in the fanbase, so it has a higher chance of selling better once the movie comes out, just like the Black Widow wave did and like what the Shang-Chi wave seems to be approaching upon release. 

As you kind-of say there's always the chance they pull a "Black Panther" where the figures pegwarm when they hit and then sell out practically everywhere instantly (except for the comic-based figs in the Black Panther's case) once the movie hits and people love it.   I don't think there's a super-high chance of that, but it's not impossible.  Though it does depend on retailers actually having the toys on-shelves when the movie hits, which...seems to be a problem when Target is clearancing a lot of the Shang-Chi stuff before it's even in theaters, though that may have simply been a COVID-related anomaly.

(I don't think the "main" Shang-Chi Legends figures have been getting clearanced, but the Katy exclusives and pretty much all the other ancillary merch has been massively marked down at Targets in my area.)

On 8/20/2021 at 2:04 PM, Jmacq1 said:

As you kind-of say there's always the chance they pull a "Black Panther" where the figures pegwarm when they hit and then sell out practically everywhere instantly (except for the comic-based figs in the Black Panther's case) once the movie hits and people love it.   I don't think there's a super-high chance of that, but it's not impossible.  Though it does depend on retailers actually having the toys on-shelves when the movie hits, which...seems to be a problem when Target is clearancing a lot of the Shang-Chi stuff before it's even in theaters, though that may have simply been a COVID-related anomaly.

(I don't think the "main" Shang-Chi Legends figures have been getting clearanced, but the Katy exclusives and pretty much all the other ancillary merch has been massively marked down at Targets in my area.)

It always struck me as insane just how early those figures hit, a full 5 months before the movie came out. As much as I want to add the Eternals wave to the shelf, I understand why Hasbro has held onto them for so long. From what I can see, it was inevitable for Target to clearance the SC wave, having them on the shelves for so long without the movie being out pretty much guarantees they don't sell. 

So 6 figures to build Gilgamesh but 8 figures in the wave? Then 2 stand alone store exclusives?

This kind of output you’d think this was a proven franchise or the most popular MCU film yet.

Im not a fan of the comic or the designs we’ve seen from the movie. I’ve stated I’ll buy the figures as an MCU completist but not thrilled for a wave of Actors in bathrobes. At the very least, the comic versions looked like Super Heroes. The designs for this movie look like a Disney got a coupon from JoAnne Fabrics.

Look, the MCU has surprised me before. I honestly thought Guardians of the Galaxy was a dumb choice and now it’s one of my favorites. I hope Eternals and Shang Chi surprise me as well. But even if they do, these costumes are still boring.

Oh yay, another wave of "throw fecal matter at the wall and see if it sticks" figures. Just like Shang-Chi, another franchise no one has heard of, and another wave of boring figures destined for clearance. It's fine with me, I get to save my money, but again, what are Marvel/Hasbro thinking? Do they have their heads so far up their rears they think everything they push out turns to gold?