Marvel Legends The Eternals Movie Wave Officially Revealed

JayC

On 8/21/2021 at 9:46 AM, mako said:

I get your point, but the EXACT same thing could be said for Guardians of the Galaxy, and they jumped straight from Joe-Nobody to house-hold name with one really dumb movie.

For that matter, who knew Iron Man outside of the comics and a syndicated cartoon from the 90s?

I'm not sure why there's a "but" there...we're saying the same thing, I think:  These characters were nobodies to the general public before the movies hit, so arguing that the Eternals are somehow too obscure or "D-List" to have a movie made about them is kind of moot.  Especially when Marvel's reached a point where outside of franchises that we already know are in the works but need some more time for production (FF and X-Men) "C and D List" is basically all they've got left to develop.

On 8/22/2021 at 7:16 AM, tarot said:

@LordVenger Thanos and Starfox arent the same as these Eternals. Yes, they may be technically cousins, being that their leaders are brothers, but they have had very little to with each other. Hell I can't think of a story where Thanos and the Titans ever met the Earth Eternals.

That being said, I think many people will be getting this to stand in for there collections. The likelihood of us getting them in comic form soon is just over zero. 

Starfox father is mentor

@LordVenger Thanos and Starfox arent the same as these Eternals. Yes, they may be technically cousins, being that their leaders are brothers, but they have had very little to with each other. Hell I can't think of a story where Thanos and the Titans ever met the Earth Eternals.

That being said, I think many people will be getting this to stand in for there collections. The likelihood of us getting them in comic form soon is just over zero. 

Eros and thanos are both sons of mentor and are definitely eternals bud. They are a section of the eternals that left earth and settled on Saturns moon titan.  

Only thing that makes me excited for this movie is director and movies she’s done but trailers  seem pretty generic with just a hint of space odyssey vibe. But I guess better to have zero expectations and be surprised than other way around, meeting over blown expectations  sadly plague marvel movies and tv shows or I guess more precisely plagues us as fans who create them. 

• 2 weeks later...
BigBadToyStore.com has sent word out that the new Marvel Legends Eternals wave will be going up for pre-order tomorrow at 1pm ET.

The wave includes the following:

- Sersi who will be played by actress Gemma Chan
- Makkari who will be played by actress Lauren Ridloff
- Sprite who will be played by actress Lia McHugh
- Phastos who will be played by actor Brian Tyree Henry
- Kingo who will be played by actor Kumail Nanjiani
- Druig who will be played by actor Barry Keoghan

Gilgamesh who is played by Don Lee is the Build-A-Figure for the wave. There is also a stand-alone Deluxe Kro figure that will go up as well. It's unknown if the Target exclusive Thena (Angelina Jolie) and Walmart exclusive Ajak (Salma Hayek) will also go up for pre-order tomorrow.

Eternals-01.jpg

Eternals-02.jpg

Eternals-03.jpg

Eternals-04.jpg

Eternals-05.jpg

Eternals-06.jpg

Eternals-07.jpg

Eternals-08.jpg

Eternals-09.jpg

"Still, Thanos is an Eternal, a type of super human who, according to the Celestials, was meant to be a protector of Earth. And, with a twisted mind, he took his cosmic duty to heart."

Source: https://www.marvel.com/characters/thanos/in-comics

Hell yeah! Can't wait to not buy these.

Seriously, would it not have been better to put these out after the movie comes out, if the movie ever comes out? If it's as good as they say it could boost the desire for these figures. At this point the interest seems Luke warm at best.

No amount of FOMO will keep me up at night this time. Happy hunting.

While it's very cool that we are getting almost all the characters from the movie in the first wave, which is first time we ever seen that in ML, it's sadly one of the least interesting characters line ups and no stimuli like comic book BAF or it separated by two waves mixed with comics characters. It could be blessing in disguise since it seems a lot of people gonna skip this wave unless movie is soo amazing it will make us want these figures.

I'm so torn, do I skip these, then end up loving the movie and hunt em down, paying a fortune? Do I buy the whole wave and keep them in box till after I see the movie? With new characters introduced in Phases 1-3, you knew who was eventually gonna be an Avenger, but we have no idea where the Eternals fit in the context of the MCU...

On 8/31/2021 at 11:13 PM, AnotherPunkChef said:

I'm so torn, do I skip these, then end up loving the movie and hunt em down, paying a fortune? Do I buy the whole wave and keep them in box till after I see the movie? With new characters introduced in Phases 1-3, you knew who was eventually gonna be an Avenger, but we have no idea where the Eternals fit in the context of the MCU...

Wait till they hit clearance by Halloween. Don't pay full price for this wave. 

See, I'm torn, because on one hand the smart thing to do would be to wait until these go on clearance, but I really want them for the shelf and you never know when one or two might skyrocket on the aftermarket, especially after the movie hits. If they go up for preorder instead of order, I'll probably lock in a set just in case.

You can now pre-order from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com the new MCU Marvel Legends Eternals wave along with the Deluxe Kro figure from Hasbro.

The wave includes the following:

- Sersi who will be played by actress Gemma Chan
- Makkari who will be played by actress Lauren Ridloff
- Sprite who will be played by actress Lia McHugh
- Phastos who will be played by actor Brian Tyree Henry
- Kingo who will be played by actor Kumail Nanjiani
- Druig who will be played by actor Barry Keoghan

Gilgamesh who is played by Don Lee is the Build-A-Figure for the wave. Check out the official images below.

Eternals-Wave-1-00.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-01.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-02.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-03.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-04.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-05.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-06.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-07.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-08.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-09.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-10.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-11.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-12.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-13.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-14.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-15.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-16.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-17.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-18.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-19.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-20.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-21.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-22.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-23.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-24.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-25.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-26.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-27.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-28.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-29.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-30.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-31.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-32.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-33.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-34.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-35.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-36.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-37.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-38.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-39.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-40.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-41.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-42.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-43.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-44.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-45.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-46.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-47.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-48.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-49.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-50.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-51.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-52.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-53.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-54.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-55.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-56.jpg

Eternals-Wave-1-57.jpg

On 9/1/2021 at 12:51 PM, RyanDaly said:

This has nothing to do with The Eternals, but earlier today Dan Yun tweeted that his favorite wave of the year will be announced later this month (and he clarified that it's not Age of Apocalypse wave 3).

Is there another wave on deck that we haven't heard about? 

What he actually said is in Sept he would reveal his fav Marvel Legends wave and then someone said jokingly AoA wave 3. He then clarified that the wave being revealed was his favorite for the year and AoA would be his favorite all time. He however didnt clarify what year he was actually referring to and likely it would be something for early next year.

Well there was mention/rumor of an all-comic Avengers wave for sometime next year....

Otherwise, though, no idea.  Aside from the presumptive Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness and/or Thor: Love and Thunder and/or probably another Disney+ waves that probably won't get unveiled until at least "toy fair time" we don't really have much read on what's hitting next year (beyond those already revealed).  

On 9/1/2021 at 1:24 PM, Jmacq1 said:

Well there was mention/rumor of an all-comic Avengers wave for sometime next year....

Otherwise, though, no idea.  Aside from the presumptive Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness and/or Thor: Love and Thunder and/or probably another Disney+ waves that probably won't get unveiled until at least "toy fair time" we don't really have much read on what's hitting next year (beyond those already revealed).  

Oh there is plenty coming next year.

On 9/1/2021 at 1:32 PM, RyanDaly said:

I think Dan is an X-Men fan first and foremost, so unless it's a specialized gimmick wave or anniversary (like Marvel Legends at 20), my guess is it will be the first X-Men wave of 2022.

Thats def a possibility and or that Toy Biz wave they teased the other day is another possibility I would say.

I pre-ordered the whole regular wave and Kro from BBTS. Will wait for Ajak and Thena when they hit their respective exclusive stores. I'm actually not a MCU guy and strongly prefer comic versions of the characters but I also have no expectations of ever seeing any of the comic versions of any of these figures. I also expect that the future comic versions will likely more resemble their movie counterparts anyway than their classic comic counterparts. That's what seems to have happened with most other characters who have shown up in the MCU (Nebula is a good example). I do consider myself a "character" completionist meaning I try to have at least 1 version of every character is made (and usually only keep 1 version of each) and I've been collecting these 6" marvel figures for 2 decades now so it's hard to suddenly stop being a completionist after 20 years, LOL.

Also I'm just curious, I see comments on here all the time talking about waiting until figures go on clearance to pick them up, where in the world are you seeing Marvel Legends on clearance anywhere? The last Legends figure I ever remember seeing on clearance was MCU Wasp at Wal-mart 2-3 years ago. Even when these hit the shelves at Walmart or Target here they're usually gone almost as soon as they hit the shelves. By the time I get there (once per week), there's usually one or two figures total left on the pegs. Due to that I switched to ordering all of my figures online and it's certainly rare to see Legends marked down significantly on either Pulse or BBTS. So, I'd love to hear where people actually find Legends on clearance...because I'd love to shop there!! I live in a town with a population of around 60,000 people in a county with a population of around 500,000. We have multiple Super Walmarts, Super Targets, Walgreens and Gamestops locally. Those are the only stores that I know of locally that sell Legends. We have a handful of comic book stores around but they can't buy Legends at a discount themselves directly from Hasbro in order to resell, so they don't offer them. I'd just love to find out how people are finding Legends discounted or on clearance. Thanks!

On 9/1/2021 at 12:13 PM, Ironspider428 said:

See, I'm torn, because on one hand the smart thing to do would be to wait until these go on clearance, but I really want them for the shelf and you never know when one or two might skyrocket on the aftermarket, especially after the movie hits. If they go up for preorder instead of order, I'll probably lock in a set just in case.

I get the feeling of Urgency, normally I go hunting when they announce a release date but this wave has zero characters recognition ( you know, your Caps, IM, Spidey), questionable designs, and no movie to hype them. 

All of the reasons above and that I have zero desire for these means I’ll get them when I get them. Won’t waste the gas driving  around my hunting area for a wave I honestly believe will peg warm harder than the Shang Chi wave.

On 9/1/2021 at 1:35 PM, Reno said:

I pre-ordered the whole regular wave and Kro from BBTS. Will wait for Ajak and Thena when they hit their respective exclusive stores. I'm actually not a MCU guy and strongly prefer comic versions of the characters but I also have no expectations of ever seeing any of the comic versions of any of these figures. I also expect that the future comic versions will likely more resemble their movie counterparts anyway than their classic comic counterparts. That's what seems to have happened with most other characters who have shown up in the MCU.

Also I'm just curious, I see comments on here all the time talking about waiting until figures go on clearance to pick them up, where in the world are you seeing Marvel Legends on clearance anywhere? The last Legends figure I ever remember seeing on clearance was MCU Wasp at Wal-mart 2-3 years ago. Even when these hit the shelves at Walmart or Target here they're usually gone almost as soon as they hit the shelves. By the time I get there (once per week), there's usually one or two figures total left on the pegs. Due to that I switched to ordering all of my figures online and it's certainly rare to see Legends marked down significantly on either Pulse or BBTS. So, I'd love to hear where people actually find Legends on clearance...because I'd love to shop there!! I live in a town with a population of around 60,000 people in a county with a population of around 500,000. We have multiple Super Walmarts, Super Targets, Walgreens and Gamestops locally. Those are the only stores that I know of locally that sell Legends. We have a handful of comic book stores around but they can't buy Legends at a discount themselves directly from Hasbro in order to resell, so they don't offer them. I'd just love to find out how people are finding Legends discounted or on clearance. Thanks!

Not Marvel Legends waves. Just the Shang Chi wave. At first I had a hard time finding Xialing  and Death Dealer while every other figure was one stop and done. Marvels Katy I got 1 per customered on release day if you can imagine. 

All other waves I haven’t seen clearanced since all my local Meijers stores went all in on the first AOA wave., those hung around even on clearance for months. 

So yeah, Legends rarely get clearanced as a wave in my area. Maybe one or two figures but outside if the two waves mentioned above it doesn’t happen