Marvel Legends The Eternals Movie Wave Officially Revealed

JayC

On 9/1/2021 at 1:35 PM, Reno said:

I  also have no expectations of ever seeing any of the comic versions of any of these figures. I also expect that the future comic versions will likely more resemble their movie counterparts anyway than their classic comic counterparts. That's what seems to have happened with most other characters who have shown up in the MCU.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. If the movie is successful, and--based on the fact that after twenty-four movies Marvel hasn't had a bomb yet--there's no reason to assume it won't be successful (adjusted for COVID box office reduction), I think there's a better than even chance we could see comic versions of Ikaris and Sersi. Sersi was, after all, an Avenger for a while. They made a deluxe Black Widow with her brown leather jacket. They could do Sersi in that style (though I prefer her classic green). And as for updating the costumes, the current ETERNALS comic by Gillen and Ribic keeps them pretty close to their classic Kirby style designs. 

The only Marvel Legends I've ever seen on clearance was I saw Silver Samurai from the retro X-Men wave marked down to ten dollars at Walmart. I assumed it was a mistake, because the wave was pretty fresh at that point. I hadn't planned on getting him but when I saw him for ten bucks I decided to take him up to the register and see if the price was accurate. Sure enough, got the Samurai for $10.

So besides Gemma and Kumail, are these good actor likeness? Only other one I’ve heard of is Madden but neither his nor Gemma’s look particularly like them.

and I know these figures are the subject of serious dogging, including by me, but is Kingo’s effect really “stink finger”?

That's what seems to have happened with most other characters who have shown up in the MCU

Agree if there is a second Eternals movie, the designs will head towards more comic based looks.

look no further than Cap, IN, Spidey, Scarlet Witch.. most ended up with the closest “comic look” as their last appearance.

On 9/1/2021 at 10:48 AM, RyanDaly said:

The only Marvel Legends I've ever seen on clearance was I saw Silver Samurai from the retro X-Men wave marked down to ten dollars at Walmart. I assumed it was a mistake, because the wave was pretty fresh at that point. I hadn't planned on getting him but when I saw him for ten bucks I decided to take him up to the register and see if the price was accurate. Sure enough, got the Samurai for $10.

I was always surprised about how much that figure went on sale. It's a fantastic figure, new mold, good paint, accessories. Guess it just got lumped in with the rest of that wave which no one wanted except Storm.

On 9/1/2021 at 1:56 PM, Ironspider428 said:

I was always surprised about how much that figure went on sale. It's a fantastic figure, new mold, good paint, accessories. Guess it just got lumped in with the rest of that wave which no one wanted except Storm.

The same with the MCU Wasp. Beautiful figure, great design, one of their best actor likeness.. I think she was 2 per case which I’m sure added to her peg warming but that is a very underrated figure.

On 9/1/2021 at 11:00 AM, McHogan said:

The same with the MCU Wasp. Beautiful figure, great design, one of their best actor likeness.. I think she was 2 per case which I’m sure added to her peg warming but that is a very underrated figure.

It seemed to also be a movie thing there, I saw the Ant-Man figure peg-warming several times as well, not as much as Wasp, but more than the other movie figures in that wave. Also a good figure, miles better than the one from the first movie.

On 9/1/2021 at 2:06 PM, Ironspider428 said:

It seemed to also be a movie thing there, I saw the Ant-Man figure peg-warming several times as well, not as much as Wasp, but more than the other movie figures in that wave. Also a good figure, miles better than the one from the first movie.

Yeah same. Ant-Man peg warmed here as well. They are long gone now but they were there forever. The Ant-Man/ Yellowjacket set was clearanced out and now secondary prices have shot up.. guess you never know

On 9/1/2021 at 12:42 PM, McHogan said:

Not Marvel Legends waves. Just the Shang Chi wave. At first I had a hard time finding Xialing  and Death Dealer while every other figure was one stop and done. Marvels Katy I got 1 per customered on release day if you can imagine. 

All other waves I haven’t seen clearanced since all my local Meijers stores went all in on the first AOA wave., those hung around even on clearance for months. 

So yeah, Legends rarely get clearanced as a wave in my area. Maybe one or two figures but outside if the two waves mentioned above it doesn’t happen

We don't have Meijers here, so I haven't experienced that.

I went to my nearest local Super Walmart and Super Target this past weekend. Super Target had a single White Vision figure and that was it. Walmart's Legends pegs were completely empty but there were still several of those larger "action" style figures that are aimed at younger kids of Shang-Chi and Wenwu...but nothing from the main line. I haven't been into Gamestop recently because I don't buy games any more, but in the past I've occasionally run across something still there that had sold out at the larger retail outlets -- but my experience is if it had been discounted it was never marked as such -- which can sometime lead to a happy surprise at the register....but I bet it's been over a year since I stopped in there...

On 8/31/2021 at 11:13 PM, AnotherPunkChef said:

I'm so torn, do I skip these, then end up loving the movie and hunt em down, paying a fortune? Do I buy the whole wave and keep them in box till after I see the movie? With new characters introduced in Phases 1-3, you knew who was eventually gonna be an Avenger, but we have no idea where the Eternals fit in the context of the MCU...

I think this is seriously gonna be nothing more than a one-off just to set up the next phase and to get X-Men and FF in the mix. I've taken some shots for saying this before but I'll say it again. Based on the ages of most of these actors I just don't see how they can make this one of those 10 year multi-picture franchises. They look great now, to be sure but for characters that are supposed to be immortal I don't think they'll be able to look immortal for the next 10 or even 5 years. It's not only for the older ones either, but even the young actor who plays sprite. I know, I know, they'll find some way to mix it into the story that they somehow become mortal and that will explain it, but that would be a cheap and obvious retcon. I think it would be better left that they ride off into the sunset and trust humanity to fend for itself. Plus, don't forget, we have the Captain of All Things Big and Small as the King of the Avengers now, so why would we need those puny Eternals, whose powers surely pale in comparison to hers, to protect us.

On 9/1/2021 at 1:33 PM, JayC said:

Thats def a possibility and or that Toy Biz wave they teased the other day is another possibility I would say.

What do you think a Toy Biz wave would be, conceptually?  Are you thinking they would re-release some old Toy Biz figures?  Re-master them?  Re-create a Toy Biz wave with the same character lineup in the same costumes, but with new figures?

On 9/1/2021 at 3:57 PM, MonsterChris said:

What do you think a Toy Biz wave would be, conceptually?  Are you thinking they would re-release some old Toy Biz figures?  Re-master them?  Re-create a Toy Biz wave with the same character lineup in the same costumes, but with new figures?

The dominant theory I've seen going around is that the wave will honor the 20th anniversary by re-releasing the first ToyBiz wave, which I believe consisted of Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, and Toad, on packaging that looks similar to the ToyBiz packages (although didn't they say they were going to try and use less plastic on future waves?).

On 9/1/2021 at 1:05 PM, RyanDaly said:

The dominant theory I've seen going around is that the wave will honor the 20th anniversary by re-releasing the first ToyBiz wave, which I believe consisted of Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, and Toad, on packaging that looks similar to the ToyBiz packages (although didn't they say they were going to try and use less plastic on future waves?).

My guess would be they would either be on a retro card or in the anniversary boxes, I don't see Hasbro doing completely plastic packages. Maybe they'd have a spot for the character card that was teased to be displayed on the box itself. 

Also I'm just curious, I see comments on here all the time talking about waiting until figures go on clearance to pick them up, where in the world are you seeing Marvel Legends on clearance anywhere? The last Legends figure I ever remember seeing on clearance was MCU Wasp at Wal-mart 2-3 years ago. Even when these hit the shelves at Walmart or Target here they're usually gone almost as soon as they hit the shelves. By the time I get there (once per week), there's usually one or two figures total left on the pegs. Due to that I switched to ordering all of my figures online and it's certainly rare to see Legends marked down significantly on either Pulse or BBTS. So, I'd love to hear where people actually find Legends on clearance...because I'd love to shop there!! I live in a town with a population of around 60,000 people in a county with a population of around 500,000. We have multiple Super Walmarts, Super Targets, Walgreens and Gamestops locally. Those are the only stores that I know of locally that sell Legends. We have a handful of comic book stores around but they can't buy Legends at a discount themselves directly from Hasbro in order to resell, so they don't offer them. I'd just love to find out how people are finding Legends discounted or on clearance. Thanks!

Unfortunately, the answer is Amazon. Walmart, Walgreens, and GameStop also do a fair amount of clearing things out, though Walmart rarely has anything to clearance.

On 9/1/2021 at 4:05 PM, RyanDaly said:

That would be great if they used the 80 Years Cap and gave him a more conventional color scheme.  Toad would be boss as well.  I like to say that, technically speaking, he is the single Marvel Legends figure that is most overdue for a redo.

On 9/1/2021 at 5:39 PM, tarot said:

There's obviously going to be more then just 4. 6 is the minimum. But yeah the first 4 would be the obvious ones But I think they might spread it out for the whole of the Toybiz line.

With a standard wave, sure, but with a special anniversary wave? Who knows? I could see a four-figure anniversary wave with no BAF, packed with every figure two to a case like Black Series archive waves.

On 9/1/2021 at 4:05 PM, RyanDaly said:

It was Hulk instead of Thor back in wave 1. I'd be of mixed mind if this pans out; Toad is desperately needed and I'd be thrilled to see the 80th Cap in classic light blue, but the Iron Man would just be another 80th mold- which is a great mold, but it's pegwarmed twice already and I don't need a third variant.

I hope it's a full wave of characters Toybiz made that never got new figures since. Toad, Howard, Blackheart, Dracula, etc

I'm more than satisfied with the 80th anniversary versions of the big 3 + classic comic colors IM in Shang Chi wave. I'll be skipping that wave. Only IM armors left that I really care to add to my comic based collection are post Armor wars Neo Armor & Heroes return armor.  A suited Tony would be cool as well.