Jump to content

Marvel Legends The Eternals Movie Wave Officially Revealed


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/1/2021 at 7:49 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

I hope it's a full wave of characters Toybiz made that never got new figures since. Toad, Howard, Blackheart, Dracula, etc

That would be my preference because there's a lot of characters I would like to get, but Hasbro doesn't need a reason to make figures of any of those characters. If they are, in fact, paying tribute to the anniversary of ToyBiz (and Ryan's ting during the last livestream would suggest that), I'd think it would be more specific. But hell, this is just speculation right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/1/2021 at 2:57 PM, MonsterChris said:

What do you think a Toy Biz wave would be, conceptually?  Are you thinking they would re-release some old Toy Biz figures?  Re-master them?  Re-create a Toy Biz wave with the same character lineup in the same costumes, but with new figures?

Some Face Off Series Maybe? A Classic Power Man (he had a diorama with a tiny base as far I rememeber)? I think only the Face Off, Mojo, Modok and BBG had the carboard/diorama with a base thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/1/2021 at 3:49 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

"... but the Iron Man would just be another 80th mold- which is a great mold, but it's pegwarmed twice already and I don't need a third variant..."

Iron Man peg warmed? Wow, that I've never seen. 

Frankly I'm confused as to the whole "tribute to Toybiz" notion I'm reading....I just don't know what that would be. The only "style" they had were the ball joints and action figures have evolved beyond those. Toy biz did do a lot of paint shading though. To me it was more misses than hits- the blue wash they would use on white sections of costumes, for example, just didn't work.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2021 at 12:40 PM, Atlantis said:

Iron Man peg warmed? Wow, that I've never seen. 

Frankly I'm confused as to the whole "tribute to Toybiz" notion I'm reading....I just don't know what that would be. The only "style" they had were the ball joints and action figures have evolved beyond those. Toy biz did do a lot of paint shading though. To me it was more misses than hits- the blue wash they would use on white sections of costumes, for example, just didn't work.  

For a ToyBiz tribute I instantly picture a packaging mimicking the clamshell. Straight-up using a clamshell would be expensive and excessive, so a bubble blister with the aesthetic of ToyBiz's figures would be close enough. Like with the other 6" retro lines, the figures don't need to look old-school, it's all about the aesthetic of the packaging.

If I'm hopeful, I would also contemplate some bases, since those were one of ToyBiz's strong points. Maybe some extra paint apps like you mentioned too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah my guess would be ToyBiz style packaging as well. It wouldn’t be a true tribute since Legends is moving away from packaging with that much plastic. But a style that invokes those old TB releases. And character selection too. Tho, Hasbro has outdone nearly all of ToyBizs best releases by now.

what they could do, on the back of the box, have a mock up of the TB style clam shells with the vastly improved Hasbro figure inside.. 

id be curious as to who they could do as a tribute though. Really have definitive versions of the major players already

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2021 at 5:18 AM, Atlantis said:

Hey....for those of us who were around in the beginning of the Toybiz days...remember when we thought those were the shiznit when it came to action figures? 

LMFAO at myself now....

🤣

Give it another twenty years and we will be laughing at ourselves for thinking these were the best thing in action figures. I still remember getting Cap and being blown away by him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2021 at 11:21 PM, leokearon said:

Give it another twenty years and we will be laughing at ourselves for thinking these were the best thing in action figures. I still remember getting Cap and being blown away by him.

Have no real plans to get rid of my TB guys...well, except for the nightmare-inducing faces of Scarlet Witch and Black Widow...otherwise they hold a place in my heart. And I think more than a few of them almost hold up even today. 

But those lanky arms and ball joints really are funny now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2021 at 10:57 PM, Atlantis said:

Have no real plans to get rid of my TB guys...well, except for the nightmare-inducing faces of Scarlet Witch and Black Widow...otherwise they hold a place in my heart. And I think more than a few of them almost hold up even today. 

But those lanky arms and ball joints really are funny now.

Same here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Shown below via LittleToysBiggerWorld is a detailed look at the new wave of Marvel Legends figures based on the upcoming Eternals movie. These are starting to hit retail shelves now. You can also get these from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com

The wave includes the following:

- Sersi who will be played by actress Gemma Chan
- Makkari who will be played by actress Lauren Ridloff
- Sprite who will be played by actress Lia McHugh
- Phastos who will be played by actor Brian Tyree Henry
- Kingo who will be played by actor Kumail Nanjiani
- Druig who will be played by actor Barry Keoghan


Gilgamesh who is played by Don Lee is the Build-A-Figure for the wave. Also shown is the Deluxe Kro figure.

Eternals-01.jpg

Eternals-02.jpg

Eternals-03.jpg

Eternals-04.jpg

Eternals-05.jpg

Eternals-06.jpg

Eternals-07.jpg

Eternals-08.jpg

Eternals-09.jpg

Eternals-10.jpg

Eternals-11.jpg

Eternals-12.jpg

Eternals-13.jpg

Eternals-14.jpg

Eternals-15.jpg

Eternals-16.jpg

Eternals-17.jpg

Eternals-18.jpg

Eternals-20.jpg

Eternals-21.jpg

Eternals-22.jpg

Eternals-23.jpg

Eternals-24.jpg

Eternals-25.jpg

Eternals-26.jpg

Eternals-27.jpg

Eternals-28.jpg

Eternals-29.jpg

Eternals-30.jpg

Eternals-31.jpg

Eternals-32.jpg

Eternals-33.jpg

Eternals-34.jpg

Eternals-35.jpg

Eternals-36.jpg

Eternals-37.jpg

Eternals-38.jpg

Eternals-39.jpg

Eternals-40.jpg

Eternals-41.jpg

Eternals-42.jpg

Eternals-43.jpg

Eternals-44.jpg

Eternals-45.jpg

Eternals-46.jpg

Eternals-47.jpg

Eternals-48.jpg

Eternals-49.jpg

Eternals-50.jpg

Eternals-51.jpg

Eternals-52.jpg

Eternals-53.jpg

Eternals-54.jpg

Eternals-55.jpg

Eternals-56.jpg

Eternals-57.jpg

Eternals-58.jpg

Eternals-59.jpg

Eternals-60.jpg

Eternals-61.jpg

Eternals-62.jpg

Eternals-63.jpg

Eternals-64.jpg

Eternals-65.jpg

Eternals-66.jpg

Eternals-67.jpg

Eternals-68.jpg

Eternals-69.jpg

Eternals-70.jpg

Eternals-71.jpg

Eternals-72.jpg

Eternals-73.jpg

Eternals-74.jpg

Eternals-75.jpg

Eternals-76.jpg

Eternals-77.jpg

Eternals-78.jpg

Eternals-79.jpg

Eternals-80.jpg

Eternals-81.jpg

Eternals-82.jpg

Eternals-83.jpg

Eternals-84.jpg

Eternals-85.jpg

Eternals-86.jpg

Eternals-87.jpg

Eternals-88.jpg

Eternals-89.jpg

Eternals-90.jpg

Eternals-91.jpg

Eternals-92.jpg

Eternals-93.jpg

Eternals-94.jpg

Eternals-95.jpg

Eternals-96.jpg

Eternals-97.jpg

Eternals-98.jpg

Eternals-99.jpg

Eternals-100.jpg

Eternals-101.jpg

Eternals-102.jpg

Eternals-103.jpg

Eternals-104.jpg

Eternals-105.jpg

Eternals-106.jpg

Eternals-107.jpg

Eternals-108.jpg

Eternals-109.jpg

Eternals-110.jpg

Eternals-111.jpg

Eternals-112.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nope, Nope and still Nope. I didn't think it was possible, but these things look even worse next to Seaweed Man. It's seriously making me less excited about the movie itself. Okay, it's out, it's done. Let's hurry up and move past it. Maybe it's a clever ploy by Hasbro, knowing that after this wave pretty much every wave that comes after it looks like a winner.

And why is Sprite's head so massive? Are they using it to give her those more child like proportions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/30/2021 at 1:12 PM, JayC said:

Shown below via LittleToysBiggerWorld is a detailed look at the new wave of Marvel Legends figures based on the upcoming Eternals movie. These are starting to hit retail shelves now. You can also get these from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com

The wave includes the following:

- Sersi who will be played by actress Gemma Chan
- Makkari who will be played by actress Lauren Ridloff
- Sprite who will be played by actress Lia McHugh
- Phastos who will be played by actor Brian Tyree Henry
- Kingo who will be played by actor Kumail Nanjiani
- Druig who will be played by actor Barry Keoghan


Gilgamesh who is played by Don Lee is the Build-A-Figure for the wave. Also shown is the Deluxe Kro figure.

What happened @JayC? Did Richard Madden not make the cut?

No big deal. Just bustin' your hump.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/30/2021 at 2:07 PM, monron999 said:

Nope, Nope and still Nope. I didn't think it was possible, but these things look even worse next to Seaweed Man. It's seriously making me less excited about the movie itself. Okay, it's out, it's done. Let's hurry up and move past it. Maybe it's a clever ploy by Hasbro, knowing that after this wave pretty much every wave that comes after it looks like a winner.

And why is Sprite's head so massive? Are they using it to give her those more child like proportions?

Feel you man, but Imma gonna give the movie a chance, but I know, even if the movie is remotely good, I still won't get those figures

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you know what I love most about this wave? Not a damn single Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, Deadpool or Wolverine!!!

Honestly, I'm very stoked for this movie. I won't be at all surprised if it ends up being one of the MCU's best movies and biggest hits. I have to say though that I'm actually expecting at least half of these characters to be killed off in this movie, with probably Sersi and Black Knight surviving and eventually joining the next iteration of Avengers.

I think these figures actually look great and I've got every single one pre-ordered, (except for Ajak and Thena because I can't yet). I'd be much happier if they were all comic versions because I'm not an MCU figure guy, but I'm happy to have figures of characters that have never been made before after 2 decades of collecting. I'll get them while I can, because outside of maybe Sersi (and of course Black Knight which I already have a couple of versions that I'm happy with), it seems relatively unlikely to me that we'll be getting comic versions. I've read a lot of hate for these figures because they're costumes are so generic, but honestly many of the MCU costumes are. I think the detail and color palette of these figures is quite good. This is the first wave that I've bought in years that I'm actually planning on keeping every figure from. I haven't been able to say that in a very, very, very long time - probably not since the first 2-3 years after Toy Biz actually branded the line Marvel Legends.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, I stopped at my local Target tonight to see if they might have Thena on the shelf. The only Marvel Legends they had were 7 figures of Ikkaris from this wave. Do you think they got a case of just that figure? Seemed weird.

It's very rare that I see more than 1 or 2 figures on the shelf at any given time at either the Super Target so Super Walmart in my town. The actual town I live in only has about 70,000 people but the county we live in (which includes Des Moines) has well over a half million. There are several other Super Targets and Super Walmarts in the county but none ever seem to have Legends there either. I was at Walmart tonight too at they had exactly one Legend, the John Walker Captain America from the Disney+ wave. I tend to have better luck at Gamestop though, last time I was there they still had a Leader, Gamerverse Cap, Gamerverse Ms Marvel, Ironheart, 2 Darkstars, an Infinity Saga Odin, Infinity Saga Thor, Spymaster, Frogman and Melina/Guardian 2-pack. Target/Walmart would never have any of those 'older' figures.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE