'Armor Wars' Disney Plus Series Taps Yassir Lester As Head Writer

Outsiders

Variety has confirmed that the 'Armor Wars' series for Disney Plus has tapped Yassir Lester as head writer.

Don Cheadle will be reprising the role of James “Rhodey” Rhodes, a.k.a. War Machine, and star as the lead.  The series is based on the Marvel Comics series in which Rhodes must face what happens when Tony Stark’s tech falls into the wrong hands.

Lester is credited with starring with Cheadle in the Showtime series 'Black Monday.'  Lester is also a writer and co-executive producer on the series. Lester’s writing credits include 'Kenan,' 'Girls,' and 'The Carmichael Show.'

Yassir_Lester.jpg

On 8/20/2021 at 4:14 PM, RyanDaly said:

I hope they find a way to bring Justin Hammer back. I can always go for more Sam Rockwell. 

That would be the added pop they need for this show. Every hero needs an awesome villain and every actor needs a great supporting actor. Bringing back Rockwell as Hammer would have a similar effect as casing Luke Wilson as Agent Mobius in Loki.

There is so much potential for this show and with a popular character played by one of the most versatile actors of the modern age. I do think, even though it's Disney, there will be a great restriction of how much capital can be spent on the special effects that it would be to create the show we all want.

I seriously doubt they'll do the entire intro of Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, Controller, Stilt Man or Beetle, but I bet they could sure work in an angle where Hammer Tech, with Hammer still controlling it from the shadow, could build Mandroids for AIM or SHIELD or Guardsmen for the Raft, resurrecting the Hammer Droid program with stolen Stark Tech. Of course, Rhodie would take it upon himself to protect the legacy and honor of his deceased friend and basically take over Stark's role from the original comics series. It would be great if they could unveil a great menacing threat like Firepower but I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. It would be cool though.

If course, if they find a way to do it all, I will be happy to be completely wrong and throw myself on my own sword. 

On 8/21/2021 at 2:16 PM, monron999 said:

That would be the added pop they need for this show. Every hero needs an awesome villain and every actor needs a great supporting actor. Bringing back Rockwell as Hammer would have a similar effect as casing Luke Wilson as Agent Mobius in Loki.

There is so much potential for this show and with a popular character played by one of the most versatile actors of the modern age. I do think, even though it's Disney, there will be a great restriction of how much capital can be spent on the special effects that it would be to create the show we all want.

I seriously doubt they'll do the entire intro of Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, Controller, Stilt Man or Beetle, but I bet they could sure work in an angle where Hammer Tech, with Hammer still controlling it from the shadow, could build Mandroids for AIM or SHIELD or Guardsmen for the Raft, resurrecting the Hammer Droid program with stolen Stark Tech. Of course, Rhodie would take it upon himself to protect the legacy and honor of his deceased friend and basically take over Stark's role from the original comics series. It would be great if they could unveil a great menacing threat like Firepower but I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. It would be cool though.

If course, if they find a way to do it all, I will be happy to be completely wrong and throw myself on my own sword. 

It would be nice to see all the foes from the original version turn up, but yeah it is unlikely. I wouldn't mind if the main the big threat, the Titanium Man, given Hammer's desire to always upstage Tony, naming his Ultimate Armour after a stronger metal would be in character, I believe.

On 8/29/2021 at 11:25 AM, Atlantis said:

In order for this to work I can only imagine the budget they're gonna need to make all the armor suits look great...but I sure hope it works!!

Well D+ MCU shows have massive movie like budgets so the armours should look great.