Hawkeye Is Going Back To New York

JayC

This November, Kate Bishop’s adventure continues! Marvel’s new miniseries, HAWKEYE: KATE BISHOP is a five-part series that follows Kate on a new adventure in a familiar place: back home to New York.

Following a stint in Los Angeles, HAWKEYE: KATE BISHOP picks up at a turning point in Kate’s life when she returns to New York after being convinced by many friends, and a few clues from the case she’s working, to come back to the East Coast. When Kate gets invited to a resort to solve a mysterious jewel heist, she sees it as a confidence-boost, a sign that she’s making the right decision and not going to backslide into her past. The case is perfect…and it’s almost definitely a trap.

The story comes from an elite creative team including New York Times best-selling author Marieke Nijkamp and artist Enid Balám.

“Because Kate’s story is in flux right now, it’s the perfect time to jump on board for the adventure,” writer Marieke Nijkamp told Bustle. “You don’t need to know where she was to enjoy the journey!

Be there when Kate’s exciting next chapter kicks off in HAWKEYE: KATE BISHOP this November!

HAWKEYE: KATE BISHOP
Written by MARIEKE NIJKAMP
Art by ENID BALÁM
Cover by JAHNOY LINDSAY
On sale November 2021

HAWKEYE2021001_JLindsay[7].jpg

KateBishopHawkeye_Balam2021.jpg

KateBishopHawkeye2_Balam2021.jpg

I'm too old school. It says "Hawkeye is going back to New York" and I was like "Didn't Clint just help Spiderman in New York not long ago?".  

On 8/21/2021 at 9:36 AM, mako said:

Oh, no doubt she'll get a boost in the ole' brand, but a D+ series is a long way from being a "main force."

Actually I think it's a safe argument that at the moment the D+ series are unquestionably the "main force" in the MCU.  They've kept the brand alive through the pandemic and by most indications enjoyed great success (actually assisted by the pandemic's overall boost for streaming services, really).  Of course Marvel will want the main focus to shift back to the movies once things get closer to being back to normal, but right now the D+ series are kicking ass while the movies are suffering because people still aren't going to them because of the pandemic (and that's across all movies, not just MCU stuff).  

But with the stinger at the end of Black Widow, it's quite clear that Marvel intends the movies and the D+ series to both be core parts of the brand moving forward, with actors and characters both old and new moving freely between them.

And it's entirely possible that Kate Bishop and other younger characters become pretty major players:  These young actors and actresses are the ones Disney can tie up for a decade+ as their OG cast(s) start aging out of their roles.  Or maybe Young Avengers will be a D+ series, too.  Either way we'll be seeing plenty of her in years to come, I'm sure.

Ugh .. I too open this to see what Clint was up to next. I like Kate , one of the better legacy characters but Marvel really needs to do some house cleaning to get just ONE character with the same name running around their universe whether it be Hawkeye, Cap, Widow, Hulk, Spidey, Ghost Rider.. shoot.. may be easier to name a character that only has one version

On 8/21/2021 at 1:58 PM, McHogan said:

Ugh .. I too open this to see what Clint was up to next. I like Kate , one of the better legacy characters but Marvel really needs to do some house cleaning to get just ONE character with the same name running around their universe whether it be Hawkeye, Cap, Widow, Hulk, Spidey, Ghost Rider.. shoot.. may be easier to name a character that only has one version

Agree! And for the most part I can't call them "legacy" characters; they're just copies of the real thing.

With some exceptions I've just never liked the idea of the "sidekick" or the copycat ...its just lazy writing.

Robin, yeah, he gets a pass (but not multiple Robins). DC has been the worst offender of this and  frankly I can do without the Batgirls, Batwomen, etc.

Bucky was never more than a 3rd rate feeble copy of Robin- Stan was right to want him to stay dead. 

The Phantom, Blue Beetle-those are legacy characters. Iron Fist has been retconned into one and I'm still meh on that. I like Miles Morales, but why they can't give him his own name by now is silly, to me. And when I saw this caption I also thought it was further adventures of Hawkeye (Clint Barton). 

On 8/22/2021 at 3:53 PM, Atlantis said:

Agree! And for the most part I can't call them "legacy" characters; they're just copies of the real thing.

With some exceptions I've just never liked the idea of the "sidekick" or the copycat ...its just lazy writing.

Robin, yeah, he gets a pass (but not multiple Robins). DC has been the worst offender of this and  frankly I can do without the Batgirls, Batwomen, etc.

Bucky was never more than a 3rd rate feeble copy of Robin- Stan was right to want him to stay dead. 

The Phantom, Blue Beetle-those are legacy characters. Iron Fist has been retconned into one and I'm still meh on that. I like Miles Morales, but why they can't give him his own name by now is silly, to me. And when I saw this caption I also thought it was further adventures of Hawkeye (Clint Barton). 

Excellent point about Miles and by extension all the other characters who share/steal famous names. 

I mean, Eric Masterson  was Thor for a minute. But once the true Thor returned he became Thunderstrike. John Walker became the US Agent. Rhodes became Warmachine. Kelsey Leigh become Lionheart. All then moved on forging their own legacies.. it really does seem lazy to just have 2, and sometimes 3 characters with the sane name running around.

On 8/22/2021 at 8:53 PM, Atlantis said:

Miles really needs his own name, as long as it isn't Kid Arachnid

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKFH1DuJ4Omm5akejLb8f