Spider-Man No Way Home Toy That Contains Major Spoilers Real Or Fake??? Plus Is A Trailer Coming This Week?

JayC

An image has been making the rounds this morning on social media of what appears to be an unannounced Hasbro Spider-Man No Way Home Titan Heroes Tobey Maguire Spider-Man figure that was found on the shelves of a Target store. If real then this figure would seemingly confirm the long time rumor that Maquire will in fact be appearing in the upcoming Multiverse based MCU Spider-Man movie due out later this year.

On a side note there are also rumors this weekend that we might see the first trailer for that movie as early as this coming week. We also know Hasbro will be officially revealing their next full wave of Spider-Man themed Marvel Legends this coming week that do contain No Way Home figures, though no indications that there is anything in that wave that would contain major movie spoilers.

Click here to see the image of the figure in question.

Getting back to this Titan Hero figure, at this moment we can't tell you whether this figure is real or not. I am only reporting on this now because I've had so many people contact me this morning about it, but I do hope to have confirmation one way or the other possibly by tomorrow (more on that below). If it's real, then someone at this Target in question likely f@#ked up and put this figure out early with the other No Way Home merchandise that was previously officially announced and is in fact hitting stores now.

Some have noted the mystery figure in question has the actual "No Way Home" logo on it while the other stuff just says Spider-Man. We can tell you Hasbro did the same thing with Avengers Endgame products. The initial batch of movie product they released before the Endgame movie just said Avengers and the later stuff said Avengers Endgame.

There are two of these figures in the image which would seemingly make it less likely to be fake, but that's doesn't make it for certain it's real. I don't think the image itself is photoshoped, but that doesn't mean some talented customizer didnt make these figures and sit them on the shelf and take a picture. It's amazing what some folks will do for attention.

One thing I have noticed is that the mystery figure in question has a "Only At Target" sticker on it. This would suggest if real that it's a Target exclusive. If it's a Target exclusive then it should be (and this is where I hope to be able to confirm whether its real or fake as early as tomorrow for you all) fairly easy to check the Target system and see if it exists or not.

If real then I imagine the figure has an embargo date on it and someone messed up and put it out early (Not the first time that's happened). Though who knows, if a trailer is forthcoming this week and the trailer reveals that Maquire is in the movie, then perhaps the figure will officially go up for sale sooner rather than later, we will have to see.

At this time I would treat this image as a BIG RUMOR, but hopefully we will be able to tell you definitively whether its fake or not pretty soon. If for no other reason, if real its only a matter of time before more start to show up.

Spider-Man-3-02__scaled_600.jpg

Interesting, but even if the figure is for real, there's no guarantee he'd actually be in the movie. Given the rumored "multiverse" subplot, Hasbro may just be shoving old stock in new packages to score some extra cash. Hasbro likes cash . . . don't they?

Certainly wouldn't be the first time a movie-line worked in characters that weren't in the actual movie.

Given the amount of "leaks" I've seen over the past year, I'm tempted to say this is fake. If Tobey and Andrew are indeed in the movie, I really don't see them being anything more than cameos. But only time will tell.

On 8/22/2021 at 9:48 AM, mako said:

Interesting, but even if the figure is for real, there's no guarantee he'd actually be in the movie. Given the rumored "multiverse" subplot, Hasbro may just be shoving old stock in new packages to score some extra cash. Hasbro likes cash . . . don't they?

Certainly wouldn't be the first time a movie-line worked in characters that weren't in the actual movie.

Agreed, plus we've already seen them use toy and character designs from Homecoming and FFH that apparently won't be in NWH.

On 8/22/2021 at 1:48 PM, mako said:

While shoving old figures in new packages is something Hasbro does, the Titan Hero figures didn't exist back in 2007. There is no old 12" 5-POA figure of Raimi Spider-Man for them to re-release now.

And if they were making figures for characters not in the movie, I think it would make more sense for them to re-release the Titan Hero figures of previous MCU Spider-Man movies, the same way they're re-releasing Mysterio, Vulture, Iron Man and Spider-Man's previous suits in the basic figure line. I think it's a stretch to think they would be making a figure of Raimi Spider-Man if he's not in the movie.

Not that I'm not taking this leak with a grain of salt, but I think  there are better reasons to doubt its legitimacy.

On 8/22/2021 at 12:45 PM, watanabefan said:

There is precedent for this. The first finalized look at the Sam Wilson Captain America suit came a few weeks before the finale even aired when someone got a hold of the Titan Hero figure.

That's a valid point.

In any case, I hope a couple of these Spider-Men make it into Marvel Legends. Preferably in the main line, but i might not be averse to some kind of "Legacy" boxed set.

For me, the toy itself is the real silver bullet. Not only is it indistinguishable from any other raimi spidey toy, we also get two views at it. I'm convinced this is real. But there are some other things that seem suspicious about this, like how low quality the picture itself is, and the lack of any other photo taken. Seems weird to think about the story behind this and having to believe the bozo who found this just took one 480p picture and then called it a day. 

Honestly, the lack of a back of the package shot or a literal in hand shot makes me doubt this is real. Who on earth would see this in the wild and not get as many details of it as possible? And whoever it was perfectly set up 2 of them in one picture, but gave us no other glimpses other than a low-res zoom in shot. Very suspicious.

Has no one noticed that the figure is significantly smaller than the confirmed figure right next to it?

They are both Titan Hero figures but the head on the confirmed red/gold suit one on the right is at least 50% bigger then the "Tobye" one, and the shoulders on red/gold nearly touch the sides of the package while "Tobye" has plenty of room to rattle around.

Most of the stuff I've seen just says "Spiderman" and not "Spiderman No Way Home" and doesn't necessarily mean they're movie toys. Admittedly, that figure has "Far From Home" on it.  I'm a bit skeptical 

On 8/22/2021 at 6:05 PM, Mangar said:

Has no one noticed that the figure is significantly smaller than the confirmed figure right next to it?

They are both Titan Hero figures but the head on the confirmed red/gold suit one on the right is at least 50% bigger then the "Tobye" one, and the shoulders on red/gold nearly touch the sides of the package while "Tobye" has plenty of room to rattle around.

I think the figure on the right is leaning forward man

Okay, lets just say this is a hoax. Some enterprising hoaxer created mock-up packaging and two figures for a non-existent Tobey-Man release, sneaked them into the store, and snapped a single pick? All just to propagate a rumor about a movie cameo?

I guess it's not outside the realm of possibility, but I call it a stretch.

On 8/23/2021 at 4:46 AM, mako said:

Okay, lets just say this is a hoax. Some enterprising hoaxer created mock-up packaging and two figures for a non-existent Tobey-Man release, sneaked them into the store, and snapped a single pick? All just to propagate a rumor about a movie cameo?

I guess it's not outside the realm of possibility, but I call it a stretch.

I have seen it happen before.

On 8/23/2021 at 2:42 AM, leokearon said:

Could this be real, maybe but if you did see something this newsworthy in a store, wouldn't you take loads of pics and maybe buy it? Instead of one and done. Seems like a hoax to me

Ya, a lot like the people who only manage to take one grainy, blurry picture of Bigfoot when everyone basically carries a HD camera on their person at all times.

Then again, maybe he/she is just an employee from Target who quickly threw up a product that they knew wasn't supposed to be on the shelf and only dared to catch one quick pic for risk of being caught. There could be a number of reasons.

At this point though I would not be surprised either if Maguire did or did not show up in the movie. Right now the MCU is just throwing out haymakers in the hopes that something lands. Nothing they do will surprise me at this point.

On 8/23/2021 at 4:06 PM, monron999 said:

Ya, a lot like the people who only manage to take one grainy, blurry picture of Bigfoot when everyone basically carries a HD camera on their person at all times.

Then again, maybe he/she is just an employee from Target who quickly threw up a product that they knew wasn't supposed to be on the shelf and only dared to catch one quick pic for risk of being caught. There could be a number of reasons.

At this point though I would not be surprised either if Maguire did or did not show up in the movie. Right now the MCU is just throwing out haymakers in the hopes that something lands. Nothing they do will surprise me at this point.

Still seems suspicious to me. Still will I be surprised if No Road Home because a Into the Live Action Spider-verse, no, but I will be disappointed.

On 8/22/2021 at 5:05 PM, Mangar said:

I did notice this too. There seems to be a lot of empty cardboard around the head and shoulders as compares to the figure next to him. It really does look like the box is not made for the figure.