Spider-Man No Way Home Toy That Contains Major Spoilers Real Or Fake??? Plus Is A Trailer Coming This Week?

JayC

On 8/24/2021 at 2:52 AM, tarot said:

The trailer just launched. First I can't believe that particular storyline is getting adapted and also wow. mutliverse Sinister six basically confirmed.

Well WandaVision adapted parts from two of Wanda and Vision's worst stories and they did Civil War was isn't a great story. It seems that the MCU love to adapt the bad stories but at least the benefit of hindsight. I don't see them adapting Chapter One for Spidey's origin though.

On 8/23/2021 at 7:30 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Well #$##... I guess it’s real then. Can’t really read the description, but it seems to say variant in it.

Edit: better pic of description

041F8DBF-3278-4F35-8327-7FB138CE537D.jpeg

8305B30D-E504-4CB2-9D04-677A398B2875.png

Not real as the UPC/EAN used on the back is not a valid sequence of digits. If it was, it would end with 61, (not 66). Nice try though.

It's been a busy week for Spider-Man: No Way Home with the official first trailer for the movie officially being revealed last nite, after it had leaked the day before. This weekend we told you how reports were circulating that there was seemingly a Hasbro Titan Hero Tobey Maguire figure someone had found at a Target store. At the time we warned of the possibility it could be fake but that we didn't know. We also said because the images that surfaced suggested it was a Target exclusive. This meant we would be able to determine one way or another fairly easy by checking the Target system. It made it even easier when better quality images of the figure surfaced revealing the back of the box and the figures barcode.

As it turns out...THE FIGURE APPEARS TO BE FAKE, an elaborate custom job. We checked and there is no indication of any such figure or exclusive in the Target store system. This appears to be someone who was bored looking for attention and decided to make a custom, put it on the shelf, take a picture and then post it online. As we mentioned before, some people apparently just have way to much time on their hands.

Of course it's not the first time a Hasbro toy has led to MCU spoilers. After all it was a Hasbro Titan Hero figure that gave us our first look at Sam Wilson as Captain America earlier this year well before he debuted in his new outfit in the show. Never-the-less this time it would seem this one was nothing more than an elaborate ruse. Of course being the figure is FAKE doesn't automatically mean the rumors that Maguire will be in the movie are wrong, but it certainly doesn't confirm them either. My guess at this point whether Maquire is actually in the movie or not, people are going to think he is regardless of any real proof, and if he's not in the movie people will simply get upset and take to the internet to complain about it after-the-fact. Thats how it goes.

Spider-Man News isn't done for the week because we do have the official Spider-Man themed Marvel Legends wave coming this Thursday during Hasbro's next live-stream. While that wave itself I don't think will contain any major movie surprises and that we have likely already seen the movie figures in it, who knows maybe Hasbro will surprise us . With Doc Ock now officially revealed from the trailer and there also being hints of Green Goblin's return as well, you know those guys will get action figures sooner rather than later. I could see Doc Ock either being a Build-A-Figure or even more likely offered as some kind of stand-alone figure. If it's a stand-alone and one they reveal this week then that would most likely mean he will be a store exclusive. There is no way we would get a Green Goblin reveal this week since he was only teased in the trailer, but perhaps Hasbro will simply do a second wave of Spider-Man movie figures after the movie comes out featuring both these guys and anything else yet to be seen. Only time will tell what Hasbro has planned, but of course when that is revealed we will be sure to pass the info on to you.

No-Way-Home-Fake.jpg

On 8/24/2021 at 10:30 AM, leokearon said:

Well, so far no sign of any other Spideys. While I would prefer to focus more on the whole Peter exposed and the murder of Mysterio, seeing Doc Ock back did bring a smile to my face

Yeah, I'd prefer that as well. FFH set up a nice story for it's sequel, but it will play a smaller role afterall. I'm not gonna call this a live action Spider-Verse, but the Multiverse is definitely the focus of the movie and  I just think it could have happened later on. 

If anything the most possible scenario in my head was that this has been a fake all along. Yeah I'd like to see this movie being a non-Multiverse story, but at the same time I can't hide my excitement for all these Spiderman villains who are coming back (even Electro). But even if former Parkers are in the movie I believe it's going to be a small cameo, cause otherwise they really risk on shifting the attention to basically both of them, instead of the actual Parker of this story. Either way I just hope that the movie will work and whatever transpires will make sense (in whatever way a multiverse movie can make sense).

PS. Making a Maguire spidey figure doesn't have much to do with the amount of his screen time in the movie, but this really goes to show how people are really fantasizing things that couldn't take place at all eventually. And all that's left afterwards is the bitter taste of disappointment.    

All I know is I'm way more charged for this movie than either of the two that will precede it. Nothing to do with anyone cast in the movies, they've just never really been any characters that I really cared for or am remotely familiar with. Spider-Man is Spider-Man and he's about the biggest thing the MCU still has going at this point.

• 3 weeks later...
For months now many fans have managed to convince themselves that both Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire will be reprising their roles as Spider-Man for the upcoming No Way Home movie from Sony which opens in theaters on December 17 and stars Tom Holland in the lead role.

Despite fan-pressure, one person has flat out denied those rumors multiple times, and that is actor Andrew Garfield himself. Well he at least denies he is in the movie. The most recent denial comes last night during an interview he did with Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show.

In the interview Fallon presses him pretty hard about it, but Garfield sticks to his story going as far to say that the leaked images of him being seen on set are photoshoped.

My wild speculative prediction based on nothing is that the movie will brace the mainstream audiences who aren't steeped in the lore of the comics or familiar with multiversal variations for two ongoing Spider-Man performers. Tom Holland's Peter Parker will continue to be the Spider-Man of the MCU going forward, appearing in Avengers and other team-up movies. At the same time, Sony will bring Andrew Garfield back as the main Spider-Man of the Sony-verse, linking him to the Venom and Morbius movies. 

On 9/14/2021 at 8:30 AM, RyanDaly said:

My wild speculative prediction based on nothing is that the movie will brace the mainstream audiences who aren't steeped in the lore of the comics or familiar with multiversal variations for two ongoing Spider-Man performers. Tom Holland's Peter Parker will continue to be the Spider-Man of the MCU going forward, appearing in Avengers and other team-up movies. At the same time, Sony will bring Andrew Garfield back as the main Spider-Man of the Sony-verse, linking him to the Venom and Morbius movies. 

I like that theory a lot, hopefully they end up doing something similar. And with the multiverse, both would technically be canon.

On 9/14/2021 at 11:19 AM, JayC said:

Despite fan-pressure, one person has flat out denied those rumors multiple times, and that is actor Andrew Garfield himself. Well he at least denies he is in the movie. The most recent denial comes last night during an interview he did with Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show.

Really?  You'd think he'd try to deny being in The Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2.  I would.

On 9/14/2021 at 1:12 PM, MonsterChris said:

Really?  You'd think he'd try to deny being in The Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2.  I would.

Sony and the Mouse probably have him on an iron-clad NDA, and I would think he'd be interested in getting future work from both companies so he's gonna stick to it until he doesn't have to anymore.

Yeah not really surprised myself he keeps denying being in this movie, he will likely get executed by trained disney assassins if he actually admitted to being in this movie (if he infact is), you know no matter what he's going to say he's not in this movie even if he is the main character at this point, so this interview really doesn't provide us with any proof of him being in or not in this movie.

I think him and Tobey are in this movie, pretty sure they are going to show up.

l don't know if it's killing them that they can't talk about it or they love it, but either way I'm sure it's only for another month or so. I would bet that both Garfield and Maguire appear in the next trailer. Sony needs to drive up as much hype for this movie as possible. It needs to be a billion dollar smash, and in the current climate, the only way that's going to happen is if every person on the planet knows that all three live-action Spider-Mans (sorry, Nicholas Hammond) are going to be in it together.

If Garfield is lying and he ends up being in the movie I think thats pretty crappy. I certainly understand not being able to say he is, but you don't have to lie. You could simply say I am not going to comment and if you want to find out if I am in the movie or not your going to have to go see it.  End of story. Call me old fashioned but this idea that its ok to go out and publicly lie on the record regardless of who you are or why your doing it is kinda BS IMO. If people are just going to lie to your face what's the point of even talking to them????

On 9/14/2021 at 6:01 PM, JayC said:

If Garfield is lying and he ends up being in the movie I think thats pretty crappy. I certainly understand not being able to say he is, but you don't have to lie. You could simply say I am not going to comment and if you want to find out if I am in the movie or not your going to have to go see it.  End of story. Call me old fashioned but this idea that its ok to go out and publicly lie on the record regardless of who you are or why your doing it is kinda BS IMO. If people are just going to lie to your face what's the point of even talking to them????

Saying "no comment" might as well be an indirect admission. It's just how it works. And the same way you can ask what's the point of talking to people if they're going to lie, it's worth mentioning that Garfield keeps denying that he's in No Way Home because people keep asking him about No Way Home despite his initial denial. At this point people are just having fun with it, and you could argue that the people that interview him are also to blame since they constantly put him in the spot, and he needs to giggle his way out of breaching a NDA.

On 9/14/2021 at 5:15 PM, ADour said:

Saying "no comment" might as well be an indirect admission. It's just how it works. And the same way you can ask what's the point of talking to people if they're going to lie, it's worth mentioning that Garfield keeps denying that he's in No Way Home because people keep asking him about No Way Home despite his initial denial. At this point people are just having fun with it, and you could argue that the people that interview him are also to blame since they constantly put him in the spot, and he needs to giggle his way out of breaching a NDA.

Yup. At this point it's kind of just a sick joke to them all, and they all openly giggle as they do it. No comment is literally saying "I can't talk about it" and straight out lying has become the norm for everyone cast in anything involving MCU. It's a freaking movie about the multiverse, Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Sandman, Lizard, and Electro from other movie arcs are in the trailer. Of course Tobey and Andrew are in it.

For me the lock is Electro. They can try to play it off like maybe they just like the actors that played the characters originally and recast them like they did JK Simmons as JJJ, but Electro was terribly miscast and it was part of the downfall of Amazing Spider-Man, and they know it. If they were gonna recast anyone it would have been him. Nothing wrong with Jamie Foxx, but trying to change a fit, good looking guy into some puny, timid twerp who gets zero respect did not work. The only reason to keep him as Electro at all is to keep with the multiverse theme.

They'll keep with the BS till the movie launches, then they'll all point and laugh like they really got one over on us, like we don't already understand their MO. It works though, cuz here we are, almost constantly talking the subject even though 90 percent of us are all pretty sure both former Spideys are in the movie, if even for a fleeting moment.