Rumor Report - New Marvel Legends Comic Based USAgent Coming In 2022

JayC

As I begin gathering intel on what figures we can expect to see from Hasbro in 2022 for Marvel Legends, one listing that has recently come across my desk has made me very happy. If you know me at all you know I am a big USAgent fan. I've been a fan since Walker first appeared back in the late 80's in Captain America #323 as Super Patriot, then became Captain America and finally USAgent in issue 354.

While Hasbro gave us a comic book based John Walker figure a few years ago, they used the Bucky Cap mold which was kind of small for the character, and ever since have been hoping for an updated one on a bigger buck.

Well 2022 appears to be the year we will get that updated figure. My info suggests the figure will be part of an ALL COMIC BOOK BASED Avengers wave (More on that at a later time). I have not seen any images of the actual action figure and since USAgent's costume has changed multiple times over the years I can't say which version the figure will be based on. My hope is it will essentially be the same costume we got before only on a bigger buck, but we will have to wait and see. I know not everyone will share my enthusiasm over the news of this one, but for me it might be my most eagerly anticipated figure for 2022.

USAgent.jpg

ahh now I see why you were so excited on FB. But that being said, this comes as no surprise given his role in the F+WS series as well as the fact that they seem to be release a load of Avengers theme figures on the retro card.

I'm more interested in the rest of the wave as we have some long waiting Avengers that need to be made, plus the standard IM/Cap/Thor that has to be in the wave.

Hopefully a BAF wave. Time to wishlist

I’d love to see a Blue Marvel, Echo and Noh-Varr Marvel Boy, Emperor Hulkling, Sersi,

Also a member of the Wrecking Crew a member of the Black Order, Graviton or Count Nefaria 

Herald of Thunder Thor, Aja Hawkeye, Immortal Hulk, Wada Scarlet Witch

It was mentioned the buc they used for the first comic-based US Agent was a little too small for the character, I completely agree, that's why I sold mine. Hasbro has been refining their scale issues in recent years and so far I'm pretty happy with the newer bucs they've come out with.

As far as an all avengers comic-based wave next year, that is exactly what I've been waiting to hear. While some others are mentioning more recent additions to the roster, I am still holding out for more classic avengers we have never seen in plastic being made first. Let's get a Swordsman, Mantis, Moondragon, classic Wonderman green/red outfit ( I've always loved that one), Starfox and maybe even a Jack Of Hearts (okay he's not a classic, but he is a favorite of mine). We shouldn't overlook the West Coast team either, and I for one would love to see a classic Mockingbird and a Shroud figure - I mean come on, a new head sculpt on the Cloak body and make the cape solid black, easy! But I also feel there are many Avengers villains we still need also: Graviton, ionic Count Nefaria, Immortus, Super Adaptoid (would make a great BAF Hasbro!), The Grandmaster, The Collector, a classic Baron Zemo to lead the Masters Of Evil, and a Dr. Spectrum would complete the original Squadron Supreme/Sinister. Well, here's hoping some of my list makes the final cut. Either way, I'm excited about our comic-based Avengers chances next year!

On 8/25/2021 at 8:21 AM, nWoWolfpack said:

Hopefully a BAF wave. Time to wishlist

I’d love to see a Blue Marvel, Echo and Noh-Varr Marvel Boy, Emperor Hulkling, Sersi,

Also a member of the Wrecking Crew a member of the Black Order, Graviton or Count Nefaria 

Herald of Thunder Thor, Aja Hawkeye, Immortal Hulk, Wada Scarlet Witch

Yes to all of these. 

Honestly, I could belt out a wishlist, but it would be pointless. I don't care who's in the wave. A comic-based wave? Avengers centric? Sign me up! Classic character, legacy character, new character, I'll take whoever they make!

I don't have any particular problem with the D+ and MCU waves and whatnot, but I AM over them at this point. A nice, plain comic wave is just what the doctor ordered.

I think the buck they use should be the one just revealed for Captain Britain. 

As for a comic Avengers wave...BRING IT ON!! I would love to see Nefaria and Graviton released! 

So many Avengers characters to choose from I can't imagine who they have planned! Though not popular choices I'd love to see Mantis, Swordsman and Moondragon make the cut. Maybe some other 70's style Avengers like Yellowjacket, Wonderman and a Perez era Beast? MS. Marvel would be a nice add. A repaint of Falcon maybe? I think Captain America will be in there as well. 

That's just great....now I'm excited to see some reveals!! 

On 8/25/2021 at 3:16 PM, LordVenger said:

Can we please just get a classic dr strange already?

I think He will be released with the movie wave. That's total speculation on my part but he and Clea...and a few villans should be comic based and are long overdue. 

On 8/25/2021 at 1:17 PM, Jormungand said:

As far as an all avengers comic-based wave next year, that is exactly what I've been waiting to hear. While some others are mentioning more recent additions to the roster, I am still holding out for more classic avengers we have never seen in plastic being made first. Let's get a Swordsman, Mantis, Moondragon, classic Wonderman green/red outfit ( I've always loved that one), Starfox and maybe even a Jack Of Hearts (okay he's not a classic, but he is a favorite of mine). We shouldn't overlook the West Coast team either, and I for one would love to see a classic Mockingbird and a Shroud figure - I mean come on, a new head sculpt on the Cloak body and make the cape solid black, easy! But I also feel there are many Avengers villains we still need also: Graviton, ionic Count Nefaria, Immortus, Super Adaptoid (would make a great BAF Hasbro!), The Grandmaster, The Collector, a classic Baron Zemo to lead the Masters Of Evil, and a Dr. Spectrum would complete the original Squadron Supreme/Sinister. Well, here's hoping some of my list makes the final cut. Either way, I'm excited about our comic-based Avengers chances next year!

Man, this list is filled with many of my most wanted! The more comic based and obscure, the better!

On 8/25/2021 at 8:49 PM, Gigantor said:

My classic Avengers wave

1117212744_Falcon.classicversion.thumb.jpg.5ae7ac2e67efb9488fcbc9a01870d658.jpgstarfox.thumb.jpg.1ddcfe226fa37065268f231f4de4f719.jpg690928849_Swordsmancomicversion.thumb.jpg.ee99dca6122c2c3ff62c11b3763b7af3.jpg1859865230_USAgentbyJB.thumb.jpg.93920d43f8c2138a52e66fb3d4e3c14a.jpgCount-Nefaria.thumb.jpg.b8f83cd6fcf27493d7bfc1b0ff5457d1.jpg2090103095_Wonderman1stappGeorgePerez.thumb.jpg.3549a2fb3df749d4a0b92a0b5fca64c8.jpg291652688_Yellowjacket3.thumb.jpg.36517653941520beb0b77aacc707e5eb.jpg

Yes! Every selection is perfect. I’d buy two of each honestly.

but, wouldn’t this perfect wave put you out of the Legends business? If so, a great wave to retire on

On 8/25/2021 at 3:11 PM, mako said:

Honestly, I could belt out a wishlist, but it would be pointless. I don't care who's in the wave. A comic-based wave? Avengers centric? Sign me up! Classic character, legacy character, new character, I'll take whoever they make!

I don't have any particular problem with the D+ and MCU waves and whatnot, but I AM over them at this point. A nice, plain comic wave is just what the doctor ordered.

Wholeheartedly agree. I’ve made it clear my MCU collection is my pride and joy but I never pass on ANY Avenger, movie, comic or otherwise. I’d be all over a all comic Avengers wave. How they aren’t a evergreen wave yet is beyond me.

So while I loved the latest D+ and MCU waves ( minus a certain group of Eternally boring characters) I too am ready for some classic versions of comic Avengers

On 8/25/2021 at 8:45 PM, McHogan said:

Yes! Every selection is perfect. I’d buy two of each honestly.

but, wouldn’t this perfect wave put you out of the Legends business? If so, a great wave to retire on

No, it would pretty much complete my classic Avengers list, though I wouldn't mind if they made a better She-Hulk & an 80s Wasp & classic Scott Lang Antman. I still have a buncha  other Comic based characters I wanna see Hasbro do/ redo.

On 8/26/2021 at 12:02 AM, mako said:

I'm with you on the Swordsman, USAgent, Yellowjacket, and provided they finally make him big enough, Falcon. I'm indifferent to Nefaria, and I'm happy with my current Wonder Man. Solid list though.

Seriously, you're indifferent to a character that can do this to the Avengers?? Thanos & Ultron are about the only other 2 individual villains that have the capacity to do this to a team that has Thor, Ironman, Vision & Wonderman on it.

j9t0AnO.jpg