Rumor Report - New Marvel Legends Comic Based USAgent Coming In 2022

JayC

On 8/26/2021 at 11:37 AM, Gigantor said:

Seriously, you're indifferent to a character that can do this to the Avengers?? Thanos & Ultron are about the only other 2 individual villains that have the capacity to do this to a team that has Thor, Ironman, Vision & Wonderman on it.

j9t0AnO.jpg

I didn't say I didn't want him, he just doesn't illicit the level of passion in me that some other characters do. For what it's worth, he's a villain that hasn't been done. For that alone, if Hasbro makes him, I'll give him a good home.

On 8/26/2021 at 1:02 PM, mako said:

I didn't say I didn't want him, he just doesn't illicit the level of passion in me that some other characters do. For what it's worth, he's a villain that hasn't been done. For that alone, if Hasbro makes him, I'll give him a good home.

I hear ya. When Hasbro does do him, they really need to include an alternate head that can accommodate laser eye beam effects, Nefaria has that ability asides from his other Superman powers.  This guy is a powerhouse & is so long overdue that the mentioned classic Avengers wave is the perfect spot for him.

tTcFsLy.jpgj2lsg9Y.jpgH11t3ea.jpg

Comic based Avengers has been my dream for a long time. BUT they have to be classic, and CORRECT. None of this half-assery like what they've been doing with the Vision. The cape has a cord around the neck (Taskmaster for example). He has a large belt (Puma or Nightthrasher) that's NOT painted on. He has briefs, not jogging shorts. The boots are pointed to the knees, NOT painted on. They have cheaped out on him every time and its terrible.

I'd want to see 70s Mantis, Moondragon. Wonder Man in green/red, safari jacket, and ionic purple translucent form. Yellowjacket is WAY overdue. First appearance Ms. Marvel as well....oh, and they need to fix that Quicksilver. His hair is WHITE....not gray, not slate, none of that crap. And what kind of dolt takes off his signature hair tufts??

My deep dive: Red Wolf! 

On 8/27/2021 at 12:35 AM, Atlantis said:

Comic based Avengers has been my dream for a long time. BUT they have to be classic, and CORRECT. None of this half-assery like what they've been doing with the Vision. The cape has a cord around the neck (Taskmaster for example). He has a large belt (Puma or Nightthrasher) that's NOT painted on. He has briefs, not jogging shorts. The boots are pointed to the knees, NOT painted on. They have cheaped out on him every time and its terrible.

I'd want to see 70s Mantis, Moondragon. Wonder Man in green/red, safari jacket, and ionic purple translucent form. Yellowjacket is WAY overdue. First appearance Ms. Marvel as well....oh, and they need to fix that Quicksilver. His hair is WHITE....not gray, not slate, none of that crap. And what kind of dolt takes off his signature hair tufts??

My deep dive: Red Wolf! 

Tell em brother. 

Being as these figures are now going for $24-$25 , Hasbro has to start making accessories /power FX that are supposed to go with a specific figure & always include 2 head sculpts, 1 stoic, 1 with either gritted teeth & mean look or full on yelling/screaming fight mode. There are 3 characters that utilize heat/laser/optic vison that Hasbro  has yet to include with  them:

Gladiator

Hyperion

Vision

Asides from all 3 having super strength/power of flight/invulnerability , they all share that power to blast the crap outta you with their eyes via heat/laser/optic vision. IMO, With the new 80s Herc buck, Hasbro needs to redo both Gladiator/Hyperion on that buck with alternate heads/hands & eye beam FX. Vision needs to be redone on the Grim Reaper buck with alternate head/hands & eye optic beam FX as well.  Powered up Nefaria also needs to  be on GR buck & come with alternate heads/hands & optic beam FX as well.

With the Excaliber 3 pack reveal, & a Rachel in the works, Excaliber fans can throw in NC & have their 5 core members done. Now Hasbro needs to just do a deluxe boxset of the 4 core members of the Starjammers. All the bucks exist to do all 4 asides form new head sculpts & some minor tooling.

On 8/25/2021 at 8:15 AM, JayC said:
My info suggests the figure will be part of an ALL COMIC BOOK BASED Avengers wave (More on that at a later time).

Not questioning your source, only how confident are you in this? I only ask because on one of the live streams (I think when they officially revealed Tigra), Dwight said something about after Hercules and Tigra, there would be two more classic comic figures to be revealed this year that would eventually be released as fan-channel exclusives. Seems like USAgent would be a good candidate for something like this. 

On 8/28/2021 at 4:27 PM, RyanDaly said:

Not questioning your source, only how confident are you in this? I only ask because on one of the live streams (I think when they officially revealed Tigra), Dwight said something about after Hercules and Tigra, there would be two more classic comic figures to be revealed this year that would eventually be released as fan-channel exclusives. Seems like USAgent would be a good candidate for something like this. 

You answered your own question mate. Dwight said this year. The avengers wave is for next year 

On 8/27/2021 at 8:06 AM, leokearon said:

Along with US Agent, I would love to see

defmsle-ac8ec7c9-93fa-4b40-8f47-bd143c51  deh6pyq-48f58a32-27db-44a6-abd7-bfc60fe6 deo6mal-bb1ce7ce-e0b0-4a2b-b38d-94f1c3c8

Good list! I'd prefer Blue Marvel in his classic costume; removable helmet would be nice. 

When I was a kid I came up with my own heroes (as did we all) and I was so pissed when I saw Byrne's Nefaria....I was SO convinced he stole my costume design (my character had a full helmet head and the boots and gloves were red with white trim instead). Really want to see this in action figure form.

Stingray is one of those guys I never could see as an Avenger, but I liked his design. Not sure how that translates into figure form...stiff plastic will restrict posing for it, but soft goods cloth probably wont work either. Still, love to see how that would go.

On 8/28/2021 at 10:27 AM, RyanDaly said:

That's kinda what I'm thinking. If you look at what they've put out with Classic Herc and Tigra it gives a distinct West Coast Avengers feel, of whom I most associate US Agent serving with. I think there will eventually be an all Avengers wave but it looks to me like they're doing the WCA as Fan Channel. Coincidentally a lot of those characters fall under the redo category as well, which typically Hasbro does in other formats rather than main line distribution.

Of course, I will buy him any way they wanna distribute him but he certainly has to be done on the Reaper buck or possibly the Odinson buck. There was a time when he was markedly larger than Cap, and statistically he's still supposed to be, but more recently he's been shown about the same size. The Spider UK buck is just barely larger than the Bucky cap mold and the legs are actually thinner. To use that mold would only be switching tit for tat and we'd still wind up in the same undersized situation as before. Plus its got those weird creases on the legs and torso that Walker's uniform shouldn't have.

On 8/28/2021 at 10:31 PM, Atlantis said:

Good list! I'd prefer Blue Marvel in his classic costume; removable helmet would be nice. 

When I was a kid I came up with my own heroes (as did we all) and I was so pissed when I saw Byrne's Nefaria....I was SO convinced he stole my costume design (my character had a full helmet head and the boots and gloves were red with white trim instead). Really want to see this in action figure form.

Stingray is one of those guys I never could see as an Avenger, but I liked his design. Not sure how that translates into figure form...stiff plastic will restrict posing for it, but soft goods cloth probably wont work either. Still, love to see how that would go.

I wouldn't mind Blue Marvel in his classic costume either, I just want a figure of him.

Personally I think Stingray was a great Avenger, he was extremely versatile and he did give the Avengers the lend of his home when they didn't have a base. Also his design is so cool.

Hasbro just has to put US Agent on a buck that falls in between 80th Cap & the upcoming 80s Herc buck, John Walker is 6'4, 270lbs so in no  way should he be Cap; size & build nor bigger than Herc who's 6'5 300lbs.  As for Stingray, he was never a full time status Avenger, just a reserve & if I recall, never went on any missions with the team, just leased out his base to them when the MOE thrashed the mansion. With lame D level characters such as Frogman getting a figure, there is no reason in the world that Wonderman should not get made sporting his FA costume. His modern looks from like 99' & up have all been lame looking imo. His FA costume goes perfect with the classic team of the Bronze age, After that, his 2nd most iconic look, the safari Jacket version can be made to go on the WCA team, but give me FA Wonderman 1st! 

uVk0yEo.jpgHjZbPia.jpgXkuhqQ2.jpgUjCQVP1.jpg