Rumor Report - New Marvel Legends Comic Based USAgent Coming In 2022

JayC

My half-wishlist/half best-guess list for the wave:

1.  USAgent, obviously

2.  Techno (Thunderbolts) to help fill that team out

3.  Blue Marvel

4.  Nefaria

5. Crystal (A bit of a cheat, but I'd put her in her classic outfit vs. her white/jacketed Avengers form)

6. Black Knight (Jacket version, w/ Unmasked head and photonic sword) - Been a few years since we got Dane and his profile will be up due to Eternals.  Seems like a timely addition that can reuse some parts.

7.  Probably a Captain America of some kind (Since we've got Iron Man and Thor waves inbound) though either way at least one "core character" will be in the wave..

BAF:  No idea.  As long as it's someone they haven't done yet I'm probably all for it.

On 9/1/2021 at 12:46 PM, Jmacq1 said:

My half-wishlist/half best-guess list for the wave:

1.  USAgent, obviously

2.  Techno (Thunderbolts) to help fill that team out

3.  Blue Marvel

4.  Nefaria

5. Crystal (A bit of a cheat, but I'd put her in her classic outfit vs. her white/jacketed Avengers form)

6. Black Knight (Jacket version, w/ Unmasked head and photonic sword) - Been a few years since we got Dane and his profile will be up due to Eternals.  Seems like a timely addition that can reuse some parts.

7.  Probably a Captain America of some kind (Since we've got Iron Man and Thor waves inbound) though either way at least one "core character" will be in the wave..

BAF:  No idea.  As long as it's someone they haven't done yet I'm probably all for it.

Your BAF could be Jarvis with a vacuum cleaner and dust buster.

On 9/4/2021 at 1:23 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

I genuinely feel like an Avengers shelf will never be completed until they give us that Jarvis. Same with Spider-Man and Aunt May. 

After that Gwen and JJJ I'm hopeful we might actually see them some day

All kidding aside I hope they do. Especially aunt may. She is crucial to so many Spidey stories. But I need old lady aunt may not Tony starks wants to bang aunt may. 

On 8/29/2021 at 3:24 AM, Gigantor said:

"...there is no reason in the world that Wonderman should not get made sporting his FA costume. His modern looks from like 99' & up have all been lame looking imo..."uVk0yEo.jpg

I also want to get Wonder Man in his first appearance outfit, his 70s safari jacket look, and his energized ionic form, but all of them should be on the same buck. For the jacket look, the torso may be different, but as much as possible, the rest of the figure should match the FA and Ionic buck. 

On 9/4/2021 at 2:14 PM, Atlantis said:

I also want to get Wonder Man in his first appearance outfit, his 70s safari jacket look, and his energized ionic form, but all of them should be on the same buck. For the jacket look, the torso may be different, but as much as possible, the rest of the figure should match the FA and Ionic buck. 

Totally concur. Starting with his 1st app version, all future versions of the character have to be the same scale. Not different scaled bucks of the same character. And I know I'm in the minority, but I also would love a 2nd app version as well!

1089660415_Wonderman2ndappbyJB.thumb.jpg.90987fd7d096108947cb120ebffd8fbe.jpg1115772957_Avengers161.thumb.jpg.84cfac86c6cd9d376374142eccba0dec.jpg 

On 9/4/2021 at 4:00 AM, LordVenger said:

But does he really need a vacuum and a dust buster?  How about some Clorox wipes?

Both timely and appropriate.. accessories included with a wink and a nod for the times we live in

On 9/4/2021 at 2:23 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

I genuinely feel like an Avengers shelf will never be completed until they give us that Jarvis. Same with Spider-Man and Aunt May. 

After that Gwen and JJJ I'm hopeful we might actually see them some day

Agree. Just for his longevity and what he has meant to the Avengers, a Jarvis legend ( with alt eye patch head) is a must for every Avengers fan. 

I’d argue he is as important to the Avengers as Alfred is to Batman. Heck, even Alfred got a figure recently. I tried to customize him into Jarvis but it didn’t turn out quite as I’d hoped. 

The only issue may be how he is interpreted. Jarvis is one character who has had “artistic license” invoked more than most. He has been portrayed as portly, skinny, bald, not as bald.. maybe the recent Morlun could be used as a base since he has the coat tails and suit that is closely associated with Jarvis

On 9/4/2021 at 3:14 PM, Atlantis said:

Wonderman has had some ... interesting costumes but for my collection I NEED his first appearance and his Safari Jacket. 

If I had to take odds , I’d say his Safari Jacket look may squeak past his 1st appearance but I want both for different eras of Earths Mightiest Heroes

On 9/5/2021 at 9:13 PM, McHogan said:

Agree. Just for his longevity and what he has meant to the Avengers, a Jarvis legend ( with alt eye patch head) is a must for every Avengers fan. 

I’d argue he is as important to the Avengers as Alfred is to Batman. Heck, even Alfred got a figure recently. I tried to customize him into Jarvis but it didn’t turn out quite as I’d hoped. 

The only issue may be how he is interpreted. Jarvis is one character who has had “artistic license” invoked more than most. He has been portrayed as portly, skinny, bald, not as bald.. maybe the recent Morlun could be used as a base since he has the coat tails and suit that is closely associated with Jarvis

1BE30AB4-D8EE-4E0D-857E-A23ADBFC4590.jpeg

68D56CA0-38F6-435E-B7BF-A49928978C69.jpeg

357DF289-940D-4F17-9508-F4090DB0BEA5.jpeg

1016F754-246D-4C76-AD14-6B28682B517F.jpeg

5E501FCF-BFDF-4BCC-AD04-745323A679FA.jpeg

3757ECF0-A7BB-49F0-97C2-0E0B34C14981.jpeg

E895BFFC-CC74-4707-8D71-2A81798E8863.png

Perez version is the only way to go. 

On 9/5/2021 at 11:33 PM, Gigantor said:

Perez version is the only way to go. 

Which I’d gladly accept. But.. damn if John Buscema didn’t draw a fine Jarvis. 

Funny, at first I wasn’t a fan of Perez’s early Avengers art. But his run on The Busiak Heroes Return arcs and the EPIC Avengers / JLA made me re-evaluate his past work. Now I place him in the Mount Rushmore of Avengers artists with John Byrne, John Buscema (another artist who’s work I didn’t appreciate at first) & Paul Ryan ( very underrated)

On 9/5/2021 at 7:39 PM, McHogan said:

"...I place him in the Mount Rushmore of Avengers artists with John Byrne, John Buscema (another artist who’s work I didn’t appreciate at first) & Paul Ryan..."

John Buscema set THE standard at Marvel. Even Neal Adams' next-level skills recognized that. People think of Marvel and instantly link (besides Stan) Kirby to it, and justly so, but John Buscema's work was far better than anything Kirby did. He had long stints on The Avengers, Silver Surfer, Thor, Fantastic Four & Conan and there weren't many that were in his class. 

On 9/6/2021 at 4:23 AM, Atlantis said:

John Buscema set THE standard at Marvel. Even Neal Adams' next-level skills recognized that. People think of Marvel and instantly link (besides Stan) Kirby to it, and justly so, but John Buscema's work was far better than anything Kirby did. He had long stints on The Avengers, Silver Surfer, Thor, Fantastic Four & Conan and there weren't many that were in his class. 

Big John is right up there with Perez/Byrne. His Conan....is the definitive Conan imo.  I never collected any of his Surfer issues but his work in Avengers/FF/Thor is the stuff of legends. I was way too young to actually collect those comics when he was on them, just bought the tradebooks of them on Kindle. I did grow up collecting Perez & Byrne's masterpieces though.  I have to add that I also love the art of Micheal Golden. His art in Avengers annual #10 blew me away & also his work on the Nam!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 10:23 AM, Atlantis said:

Barry Windsor-Smith would disagree... His view is that, as a creative artist, Buscema was derivative, despite being extremely talented.

On 9/15/2021 at 9:29 AM, madave said:

Barry Windsor-Smith would disagree... His view is that, as a creative artist, Buscema was derivative, despite being extremely talented.

Windsor-Smith was awesome, but I gotta agree with the Buscema and Perez crowd. Windsor-Smith had that organic painteristic style that translated better into watercolor, especially in his faces which had kinda that dead-eye look to them. His art is beautiful to be sure, but as far as comic book style art, guys like Perez and Buscema and Byrne and Cockrum are the standards.

I have previously reported on intel I have seen about an all comic book based Avengers themed Marvel Legends wave coming in 2022 which would feature figures of a new USAgent and Speedball. Well today I bring you the name of a third figure that appears to be part of that wave which is Blue Marvel. Like usual I only have seen the names and not the actual figures, so I have no idea exactly what versions of these characters we will end up getting. The image below is only for reference purposes. The wave appears to be a standard wave containing 7 regular figures and 1 Build-A-Figure. Of course until Hasbro officially confirms this we will treat this as rumor only.

Avengers-2022-Blue-Marvel.jpg