Rumor Report - New Marvel Legends Comic Based USAgent Coming In 2022

JayC

US Agent is obviously a much needed remake. I'm sure it'll bother some if he's just a Cap repaint again since he supposed to be a bit beefier than Steve, but I'll be fine with the 80th mold for him if they go that way instead. I'd probably pick the Sunfire mold personally for those sweet butterfly joints.

Speedball is great news as well. Love when a classic character gets a Legends figure for the first time, and he's well earned it. He strikes me as a Pizza Spidey kinda guy, but he'll look great on my shelf with Night Thrasher, Nova, Darkhawk and Rage. Hopefully Justice and Namorita are coming soon.

Blue Marvel is the most exciting character we've had leaked for next year so far, as far as I'm concerned. Having as many of the Ultimates out before Galactus would be ideal, but he's a great character regardless and a figure I've been hoping for. It won't happen, but I hope we get a new mold to replace the old Hyperion one for the Superman-esques like him and Sentry with better proportions and butterfly joints. Either way, if they include his full-faced mask as an alternate head, I'd buy two.

On 9/22/2021 at 8:50 AM, Fyrefly21 said:

"...Blue Marvel is the most exciting character we've had leaked for next year so far, as far as I'm concerned....It won't happen, but I hope we get a new mold to replace the old Hyperion one for the Superman-esques like him..."

I'd just assumed they'd use something like the new Hercules mold for Blue Marvel...I sure hope they dont go for the old Hyperion thing....but you're right, with these guys you just never know....

On 9/22/2021 at 12:53 PM, Atlantis said:

I'd just assumed they'd use something like the new Hercules mold for Blue Marvel...I sure hope they dont go for the old Hyperion thing....but you're right, with these guys you just never know....

That's the most likely, but I was bummed with that mold just like I am every time they invest in a new one but don't give it butterfly shoulders or modern torso articulation. Hercules was alright but deserved them, but I think a good Superman expy really needs the personality that those joints can give their poses 

I'm hoping they take this chance to do a Reaper sized buck with butterflies to use as the US Agent figure. This thing would apply to so many characters that need that joint. Namely they could do a modern Cap and do a proper Falcon, who is actually Cap size (6'2", 240 lbs.), but who they keep insisting on putting on the (5'10", 180 lb.) Sunfire buck, just because it has those butterfly joints. That's 2 that they've already done incorrectly, but I'd be willing to buy a 3rd (modern) version if they just do it right. I think Blue Marvel would qualify for this sized buck as well, along with Sentry. I think Hyperion is properly scaled on the Hyperion buck, but it would be cool if they did update him on the Odinson buck, which doesn't have butterflies, but is far superior to the Hyperion buck and is actually very poseable for a bigger guy.

On 9/22/2021 at 8:57 AM, Fyrefly21 said:

"....I was bummed with that mold just like I am every time they invest in a new one but don't give it butterfly shoulders or modern torso articulation..."

True. Its like their "super articulated" mold. Its great, but they should also have one that's for bigger type characters. When I first saw it on Moon Knight I thought it was perfection, but then I realized no, this guy is supposed to be bigger, taller than this. Dont get me wrong, I still love it, and I even got a customized soft goods white cape for it that REALLY looks good and allows for more posing than the plastic one. But those butterfly joints can really make the difference. They're great for posing the Falcon (although he's actually another big guy) in flight!

Now this is getting exciting. This appears to have the potential to have some deep cut Avengers in it - was Speedball ever actually an Avenger though? I hope they use the version of BM's costume that Jay pictured above with the cape. I really don't like the padded jacket they gave him after he started appearing in modern times again. And an alternate head that is his original helm would be awesome, it looked sort of like Dr. Fate's helmet. As for other figures, I second Stingray and would love other D-list Avengers like Jack Of Hearts, Starfox, Swordsman, D-Man and Moondragon.

Justice, Firestar, Novas (Rich and Sam), Rage, Darkhawk have all served on the Avengers so I'd say the New Warriors are a feeder system to the Avengers

On 9/22/2021 at 12:50 PM, Joao said:

When will they give us Swordsman, Magdalene, Classic Mantis, Moondragon, Captain Marvel Monica Rambeau, Goliath (Clint Barton). We need a new Giant Man and a new classic wasp.

SDCC exclusives probably with a Dr. Druid  

On 9/22/2021 at 9:29 AM, Jormungand said:

"...I really don't like the padded jacket they gave him after he started appearing in modern times again. And an alternate head that is his original helm would be awesome, it looked sort of like Dr. Fate's helmet..."

Yes. If they wanna do his jacket later, no worries. But I really prefer that his first figure, at least, be the first appearance costume. It has the most "old school" vibe of all his outfits, and c'mon, the guy's called Blue Marvel....even the name has a kind of old school ring to it. 

What would be cool, is if the helmet were, like the old toybiz Ant-Man, or the Ares figure, from years back.

Well this is news I like to hear, I really welcome a new US Agent, and need that Speedball for the New Warriors, and I'm all for a Blue Marvel, this wave could really slot in some much wanted figs like Crystal, Century, Moondragon, Mantis, Swordsman, Yellowjacket, Sersi, Mr. Newell, Wonder Man, Eros aka seduction man, I'm hoping they toss us Firebird!

hope maybe we see a new Zemo, Viper (please!), Baron Blood!, Termanatrix would be sweet.

but I bet this wave will at least have 2 heavy hitters as usual, like another Thor or Maybe a new Monica in her Spectrum outfit (jacketless). Such huge potential for this wave, very stoked to see where it goes.