Rumor Report - New Marvel Legends Comic Based USAgent Coming In 2022

JayC

I for one want a Justice figure since he did serve as an Avenger. I'm working on new Mantis and Swordsman customs so their inclusion would not surprise me at all lol.

Im a big fan of Stingray and a Starfox and New Monica Capt Marvel would be cool. 

I know nothing of Blue Marvel so I'll be hitting the Google for his background. 

Now for a Mockingbird with Deathstrikes sleeves!

On 9/22/2021 at 7:01 PM, Atlantis said:

Ionic Wonder Man on a larger mold than before...maybe the Hercules Thanos wave figure. Would love to see his original costume on that as well. Safari jacket will be a challenge but I'm sure they can pull it off. Give him some removable sunglasses on that ! 

I never got that wonderman from hasbro cuz of the size, just way too small for wonderman. And the same reason why I didn't buy falcon either too small. I wish that we get them on a bigger buck.

On 9/22/2021 at 4:24 PM, SUPREME007 said:

I never got that wonderman from hasbro cuz of the size, just way too small for wonderman. And the same reason why I didn't buy falcon either too small. I wish that we get them on a bigger buck.

Yeah, its like I've been saying, that mold is outstanding but they need to have it in a bigger size for guys like the Falcon and Moon Knight.

I didn't get the Wonder Man figure either because not only was it too small, it wasn't translucent "Ionic", just the hands. Remake that one with a larger buck, do an Ionic version, and one in his original outfit, and I'll get all three. 

I see the excitement building for this wave, but please, let's stick to Avengers here, its been a long time since we Avengers fans have gotten an all-comic Avengers wave! And I love all these hero suggestions and hoped-fors, but don't forget we seriously need some classic Avengers villains folks. How long have I been seeing people asking for Graviton, ionic Count Nefaria, Super Adaptoid, Dr. Spectrum (Squadron Sinister), Grandmaster, Collector, Nebula, Scarlet Centurion, Morgan Le Fay, Executioner and many more? Guys, we NEED Avengers villains to put on our shelves to face off out favorite Avengers lineups, we DESERVE Avengers villains! My hope is the wave has seven figures, two of which I hope are villains listed above, the rest heroes - the more 'never been made into plastic' the better - and a worthwhile BAF. I personally think the classic green Super Adaptoid at giant man size (12 inches would be enough to make me happy) and looking like parts of Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Captain America.

On 9/22/2021 at 7:28 PM, Atlantis said:

Yeah, its like I've been saying, that mold is outstanding but they need to have it in a bigger size for guys like the Falcon and Moon Knight.

I didn't get the Wonder Man figure either because not only was it too small, it wasn't translucent "Ionic", just the hands. Remake that one with a larger buck, do an Ionic version, and one in his original outfit, and I'll get all three. 

This has been a long standing problem with ML figures. Even if the character is really tall (by human standards) like Vision at 6 foot 3" or Silver Surfer at 6 foot 4", because they are not massively muscle bound, they get made much small then they should. Generally speaking, the bucs only get taller if the character is more muscular. I get it, I mean not everyone is a scale fanatic like myself and some of the others, so it slides by and Hasbro saves money on plastic. But they have been doing much, much better on scaling comic figures in recent years. So I would challenge our friends at Hasbro to make a taller, leaner buc that could be used for the aforementioned characters as well as others mentioned here, like Falcon and Moon Knight. Its been a long day and my brain has turned off, but I'm sure there are many more characters they could use such a buc for... how about Starfox, I think he's at least 6 foot 3". 

On a separate note, YES, give us Wonderman in a more muscular buc and lets not stop there; classic costume, modern costume and ionic version are all figures I would buy without thinking twice.

On 9/22/2021 at 11:50 PM, Jormungand said:

I see the excitement building for this wave, but please, let's stick to Avengers here, its been a long time since we Avengers fans have gotten an all-comic Avengers wave! And I love all these hero suggestions and hoped-fors, but don't forget we seriously need some classic Avengers villains folks. How long have I been seeing people asking for Graviton, ionic Count Nefaria, Super Adaptoid, Dr. Spectrum (Squadron Sinister), Grandmaster, Collector, Nebula, Scarlet Centurion, Morgan Le Fay, Executioner and many more? Guys, we NEED Avengers villains to put on our shelves to face off out favorite Avengers lineups, we DESERVE Avengers villains! My hope is the wave has seven figures, two of which I hope are villains listed above, the rest heroes - the more 'never been made into plastic' the better - and a worthwhile BAF. I personally think the classic green Super Adaptoid at giant man size (12 inches would be enough to make me happy) and looking like parts of Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Captain America.

Problem is that  in the past 15 yrs, Marvel editors have allowed writers to throw whomever they want on the team irigardless If they're already members of other teams or they've always been flying solo such as DD, Spidey & the Hulk. They were throwing 3/4 of the FF on the team for chissakes! The Avengers used to be the military equivalent of the USMC, only the best of the best were voted on to join the ranks of earth's mightiest. Heck, if you participated in the Christmas trimmings of the tree at the mansion, that rates automatic membership according to some.   Use to be a time when only around 25 or so characters in the Marvel universe had the distinction of being Avengers, now it's probably in the hundreds. Being an Avenger has lost it's luster when just bout anyone can be a member. So now people want super lame figures of characters to be made as Avengers that had no business ever even being on the team. 

On 9/23/2021 at 2:20 AM, Gigantor said:

Problem is that  in the past 15 yrs, Marvel editors have allowed writers to throw whomever they want on the team irigardless If they're already members of other teams or they've always been flying solo such as DD, Spidey & the Hulk. They were throwing 3/4 of the FF on the team for chissakes! The Avengers used to be the military equivalent of the USMC, only the best of the best were voted on to join the ranks of earth's mightiest. Heck, if you participated in the Christmas trimmings of the tree at the mansion, that rates automatic membership according to some.   Use to be a time when only around 25 or so characters in the Marvel universe had the distinction of being Avengers, now it's probably in the hundreds. Being an Avenger has lost it's luster when just bout anyone can be a member. So now people want super lame figures of characters to be made as Avengers that had no business ever even being on the team. 

I feel like this interpretation of the Avengers is a bit funny considering the very first non-founding member of the team (not counting Cap since he's a honorary founder) was a "commie" collaborator whose self-appointed entry exam consisted of him breaking into the heroes' headquarters and tying up their butler.

On 9/22/2021 at 9:03 PM, Jormungand said:

"...On a separate note, YES, give us Wonderman in a more muscular buc and lets not stop there; classic costume, modern costume and ionic version are all figures I would buy without thinking twice..."

And I've beat this one to death but I really want Wonder Man, in whatever costume, to be on the same buck. Safari jacket is obviously gonna have to have a different torso, but the head and legs should be the same. No more of this Phoenix/Jean Grey/Marvel Girl nonsense where each figure is totally different from the other. 

On 9/22/2021 at 9:45 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I for one want a Justice figure since he did serve as an Avenger. I'm working on new Mantis and Swordsman customs so their inclusion would not surprise me at all lol.

Im a big fan of Stingray and a Starfox and New Monica Capt Marvel would be cool. 

I know nothing of Blue Marvel so I'll be hitting the Google for his background. 

Now for a Mockingbird with Deathstrikes sleeves!

Yes to Stingray, and Swordsman

On 9/23/2021 at 1:03 AM, Jormungand said:

This has been a long standing problem with ML figures. Even if the character is really tall (by human standards) like Vision at 6 foot 3" or Silver Surfer at 6 foot 4", because they are not massively muscle bound, they get made much small then they should. Generally speaking, the bucs only get taller if the character is more muscular. I get it, I mean not everyone is a scale fanatic like myself and some of the others, so it slides by and Hasbro saves money on plastic. But they have been doing much, much better on scaling comic figures in recent years. So I would challenge our friends at Hasbro to make a taller, leaner buc that could be used for the aforementioned characters as well as others mentioned here, like Falcon and Moon Knight. Its been a long day and my brain has turned off, but I'm sure there are many more characters they could use such a buc for... how about Starfox, I think he's at least 6 foot 3". 

On a separate note, YES, give us Wonderman in a more muscular buc and lets not stop there; classic costume, modern costume and ionic version are all figures I would buy without thinking twice.

This this right here. Bro I been saying this #$##. It's why I pass on so many figures just waiting for the years to go by until the fix that issue. Same reason why I didn't buy the leader or vision. I have surfer cuz its been years so I caved it. But damn the buck is too short. That really kills me. I hope hasbro gives us the solid sized slender buck in the future.

On 9/23/2021 at 12:50 AM, Jormungand said:

U got me at super adaptiod throw in doctor spectrum and we got something here. If those two are in this wave this would be the first time I buy a full wave in years. Doc spectrum probably not but one can hope.

On 9/23/2021 at 12:31 AM, ADour said:

I feel like this interpretation of the Avengers is a bit funny considering the very first non-founding member of the team (not counting Cap since he's a honorary founder) was a "commie" collaborator whose self-appointed entry exam consisted of him breaking into the heroes' headquarters and tying up their butler.

Don’t forget they added losers like Swordsman and Dr. Druid to the team who usually always betray the team more than serving or died more than serving. Among other losers. Some of the other Avengers like Blue Marvel, Sunspot, Luke Cage, and some others aren’t that bad, but they’ve had some stinkers over the year 

On 9/23/2021 at 10:10 AM, RyanDaly said:

Are we getting a new character revealed every day like with the X-Men wave?

Either every day or every other day, because I think for the X-Men they skipped a few days 

On 9/23/2021 at 8:03 AM, nWoWolfpack said:

"...Don’t forget they added losers like Swordsman and Dr. Druid to the team who usually always betray the team more than serving or died more than serving..."

Right....I want that 70s line up, but could care less about getting Swordsman, who I maintain to this day never should even have been considered for membership (Stan never consulted with me on that decision....mostly because, I hadn't been born yet).

Frankly I feel they've got more members who shouldn't be Avengers than those that should...but how does one justify that feeling? I don't like him, but others do. I have no idea what these people were thinking, putting Druid or Silverclaw on the team. And there are characters such as Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Dr. Strange, Storm and Wolverine, who I really like, but don't think they should be Avengers. But there are plenty of fans who do. 

And I'll happily pay for that dream team line up with Mantis and Moondragon....just please please put them on the correct bodies and costumes. I'm done paying for figures I can't stand to look at.

On 9/23/2021 at 12:31 AM, ADour said:

Hawkeye did that to prove to a skeptical Ironman that he had the skills to become an Avenger. 

Classic Swordsman more than rates to be an Avenger before crap characters such  as Dr Druid, Rage, Speedball, America Chavez, etc. Character sports a very cool costume, is one of the , if not the best swordsmen in the world, an expert hand to hand combatant & also expert with knives & other sharp edged weapons, his sword was provided by the Mandarin & has many of the properties of the Mandarin's rings. has a variety of energy type powers  which he can activate by pressing a button on the hilt .  He trained & taught Hawkeye in everything he knows. Give him sword wielding hands & fists, alternate gritted teeth or yelling head & energy FX for his sword. Put him on the Grim reaper buck  as he's a big guy at 6'4 250lbs

t7ShmBl.png0tTsKUv.jpglA0xCP5.jpgFfNpAeb.jpg

On 9/23/2021 at 11:03 AM, nWoWolfpack said:

Don’t forget they added losers like Swordsman and Dr. Druid to the team who usually always betray the team more than serving or died more than serving. Among other losers. Some of the other Avengers like Blue Marvel, Sunspot, Luke Cage, and some others aren’t that bad, but they’ve had some stinkers over the year 

Yeah, the interpretation that someone else's wants for this wave are invalid because "the Avengers used to only be the best of the best" is really comical. 

On 9/23/2021 at 11:27 AM, Atlantis said:

Right....I want that 70s line up, but could care less about getting Swordsman, who I maintain to this day never should even have been considered for membership (Stan never consulted with me on that decision....mostly because, I hadn't been born yet).

Frankly I feel they've got more members who shouldn't be Avengers than those that should...but how does one justify that feeling? I don't like him, but others do. I have no idea what these people were thinking, putting Druid or Silverclaw on the team. And there are characters such as Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Dr. Strange, Storm and Wolverine, who I really like, but don't think they should be Avengers. But there are plenty of fans who do. 

And I'll happily pay for that dream team line up with Mantis and Moondragon....just please please put them on the correct bodies and costumes. I'm done paying for figures I can't stand to look at.

Atlantis, clearly you are another lover of the Avengers, as well as others posting to this thread, lol. I think it is a fact that at this point, there are more members of the Avengers that should not be, than there are characters we all automatically associate with the team. I myself came to peace with this years ago, since I have been reading the book since the 70s. I understand every new writer wants to assemble their own team and put their own stamp on the title... you know, "The Old Order Changeth!" But, conversely, there are a number of heroes that are from at least the first two hundred issues (which I would loosely call the Classic Avengers Era) that should really have their day in plastic. And since there are so few left from the era, I don't feel its asking too much to have them after twenty years of Marvel Legends production. The sooner us old crusty Avengers fans get Mantis, Swordsman, Moondragon, Starfox, and Photon/Pulsar/Captain Marvel/Whatever they call her this week (Okay, the last two first appeared in the low 200's, but I still associate them most closely with their Avengers days), the sooner we can all just move on to debating whether the Fantastic Four, Dr. Druid, Rage and the New Avengers are really Avengers and should have their Avenger's run looks made into figures. Our pals over at Hasbro do read our posts at times, and over the years have heard these names mentioned more than they care to remember. So if for no other reason than to shut us up, lmao, I think they want to give us those also. And I cannot forget to mention Wonder Man in his classic red/green suit, the one he fought the Avengers in then promptly turned around and save them, at the cost of his own life all in one issue (Until the war with DC over copying each others characters and names cooled off). I just hope it is soon... and that we get some of those d@mn Avengers villains we have been lacking for so long! Hear me Hasbro, hear me!

I'm a classic Avengers guy all the way - pre-Bendis. There's still a lot of classic team members and honorary members to go. Hopefully this wave and the remainder of the retro cards (Lady Loki and others) will help check off some of the following:

Swordsman finishes off 1960's Avengers that have never-been-made-before in ML. And of course Rick Jones and Jarvis. Of course 1st appearance Wasp, Yellowjacket update, Clint Barton Goliath and 1st appearance Wonder Man are definite factors in the 1960's as well, but Swordsman is technically the last. Fishnet Black Widow was an ally and I'd gladly display her, but she technically wasn't an Avenger... yet.

Mantis, Moondragon and Two-Gun Kid wrap up the 1970's for never-been-made members. Safari Jacket Wonder, Perez Beast, classic Falcon and classic Hercules are definite factors as well. The original GOTG and Whizzer are honorary members, so they technically fit. Carol in her 1st appearance costume was an ally, but not technically a member until she wore the black costume, but I need the first costume to add to my Korvac Saga cast.

Starfox, Firebird, Dr. Druid, Demolition Man, Gilgamesh and Jim Hammond Human Torch are the never-been-made of the 1980's. A definitive She-Hulk, 1st appearance Monica Rambeau, classic Mockingbird and lab coat/red jumpsuit Hank Pym are factors as well. Marrina and Rita Demara Yellowjacket are honorary members, so they fit. 

Sersi, Stingray, Living Lightning and Crystal fill out the 1990's never-been-made-before Avengers. Vance Astro as Justice and all of the bomber jacket versions are factors. Magdeline, Javert Swordsman and Deathcry are honorary members. Masque is honorary as well, but she's really just an alternate head when they update Madame Masque.

Jack of Hearts, Triathlon/3-D Man, Silverclaw and Lionheart wrap up the classic Avengers. Gypsy Scarlet Witch would be an amazing figure.

Many, many Iron Man armors and Wasp costumes would complete several teams and eras as well.

On 9/23/2021 at 10:30 AM, Jormungand said:

"...Atlantis, clearly you are another lover of the Avengers, as well as others posting to this thread, lol. .... there are... heroes that are from at least the first two hundred issues .... that should really have their day in plastic....I don't feel its asking too much to have them after twenty years of Marvel Legends production...."

"...And I cannot forget to mention Wonder Man in his classic red/green suit,..."

I am absolutely a lover of the Avengers, true! In the service my call sign was "Avenger"- this long before any animated show or movie  lol.

But yeah I know my opinion on who should/should not be an Avenger has no more weight than the next guy's. Like you, I lean more to the first 200 issues or so (except when the Sub-Mariner joined around #263 or so....always thought the Avenging Son should be an Avenger...also wanted Red Wolf in) for members, and those are likely the figures I want to have.

But I want them correct, and for a number or female characters they need better molds. If pressed, Moondragon, maybe could go on the Dark Phoenix sculpt, but Mantis would be on the Lady Loki mold. Very thin plastic fronds (like Mr. Sinister) for her skirt, which wont affect her mobility.  Same color paints as vintage Vision, and it goes without saying I want Moondragon in her original costume. Yes, its a chic hunter green swimsuit with a plunging neckline and big ol' collar on her green cape- if theyre not gonna do it right, don't do it all. AND Ive mentioned here more times than I can count, how I want Wonder Man in his fa outfit, safari jacket & Ionic look! Right with ya.

Avengers Assemble!

On 9/23/2021 at 4:05 PM, Beamish said:

I'm a classic Avengers guy all the way - pre-Bendis. There's still a lot of classic team members and honorary members to go. Hopefully this wave and the remainder of the retro cards (Lady Loki and others) will help check off some of the following:

Swordsman finishes off 1960's Avengers that have never-been-made-before in ML. And of course Rick Jones and Jarvis. Of course 1st appearance Wasp, Yellowjacket update, Clint Barton Goliath and 1st appearance Wonder Man are definite factors in the 1960's as well, but Swordsman is technically the last. Fishnet Black Widow was an ally and I'd gladly display her, but she technically wasn't an Avenger... yet.

Mantis, Moondragon and Two-Gun Kid wrap up the 1970's for never-been-made members. Safari Jacket Wonder, Perez Beast, classic Falcon and classic Hercules are definite factors as well. The original GOTG and Whizzer are honorary members, so they technically fit. Carol in her 1st appearance costume was an ally, but not technically a member until she wore the black costume, but I need the first costume to add to my Korvac Saga cast.

Starfox, Firebird, Dr. Druid, Demolition Man, Gilgamesh and Jim Hammond Human Torch are the never-been-made of the 1980's. A definitive She-Hulk, 1st appearance Monica Rambeau, classic Mockingbird and lab coat/red jumpsuit Hank Pym are factors as well. Marrina and Rita Demara Yellowjacket are honorary members, so they fit. 

Sersi, Stingray, Living Lightning and Crystal fill out the 1990's never-been-made-before Avengers. Vance Astro as Justice and all of the bomber jacket versions are factors. Magdeline, Javert Swordsman and Deathcry are honorary members. Masque is honorary as well, but she's really just an alternate head when they update Madame Masque.

Jack of Hearts, Triathlon/3-D Man, Silverclaw and Lionheart wrap up the classic Avengers. Gypsy Scarlet Witch would be an amazing figure.

Many, many Iron Man armors and Wasp costumes would complete several teams and eras as well.

Yes to all these. I stand by these classic characters need Legends love before flash in the pan characters like Blue Marvel or any of Hickman’s additions.

Hasbro has shown they can do big BAFs very well. The recent Armadillo is just the latest in a string of greatly engineered figures that nobody thought we’d ever get.

maybe Hasbro will be able to get in a few larger Avengers villains like Orka, Kang’s Growing Man, or the Griffin in one of these upcoming waves. Im sure there’s many more super sized villains I’m forgetting at this moment