Rumor Report - New Marvel Legends Comic Based USAgent Coming In 2022

JayC

Armored Thor from that Decades cover would be sweet. I mean, probably wouldn’t be much more than what went into the Silver Samurai. Just a few figures removed from completing that awesome cover. AT THE TIME, I wasn’t thrilled with nearly all the big names getting new looks but in hindsight it has become one of my favorite eras.

but..to get this Thor, it probably means most are easy repaints. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing though.. maybe we get IM with  horns and an alt ‘nose’ faceplate. Quicksilver in green ( this one I’m 100% confident gets done) Scarlet Witch in classic colors, Agent in 80th buck ( I’d take it!) and white Vision. Mostly easy repaints but a wildly different look from past releases.

Don't forget, we're also getting a Thor movie next year. It's possible we could get another comic version of Thor then, if not in the wave then perhaps a standalone exclusive. We're also getting a Marvel Legends 20th anniversary sub-line that could include Thor. That's three spots we could see comic book Thors next year. Based on the statements made by the Hasbro team, the recent Herald of Thunder look is a pretty safe bet, but who knows when or where he'll show up.

On 9/23/2021 at 9:38 PM, tarot said:

Thinking about it logically with his sister possibly coming on the retro card and his dad (no I dont care that they retconned it) just getting 2 figures, it makes sense that quicksilver to come in this wave.

Well they might retcon that retcon in the recent Trial of Magneto mini

On 9/23/2021 at 9:32 PM, RyanDaly said:

Don't forget, we're also getting a Thor movie next year. It's possible we could get another comic version of Thor then, if not in the wave then perhaps a standalone exclusive. We're also getting a Marvel Legends 20th anniversary sub-line that could include Thor. That's three spots we could see comic book Thors next year. Based on the statements made by the Hasbro team, the recent Herald of Thunder look is a pretty safe bet, but who knows when or where he'll show up.

I think maybe Herald of Thunder Thor is probably a lock, maybe a Armored Thor, probably Beta Ray Bill is gonna take the 20th anniversary spot. I’m hoping a comic Thor doesn’t take a spot in the Love & Thunder wave, so we can see some new Asgardian characters: Karnilla, Skurge, Warriors Three, Hildegarde, Frigga, Kelda, Idunn

On 9/23/2021 at 10:45 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Yes...I was just about to type this

As was I. I've said above that I’m 100% certain if we get Pietro it will be his classic green with the correct hair, but.. he should have an alt head with a different expression, also with correct hair, so it can replace the blue versions incorrect ‘do.. 

On 9/23/2021 at 10:41 PM, nWoWolfpack said:

Well they might retcon that retcon in the recent Trial of Magneto mini

Retcons be damned.. Magneto is the father of Wanda and Pietro. 

.....unless of course you also discount the retcon that the Whizzer (heehee) was their father. 

On 9/23/2021 at 11:16 PM, RyanDaly said:

I also think the Eric Masterson Thor is a pretty natural choice just because he's so easy. Simple repaint of the Alex Ross version with a new head and new boots. Plus they made him in the Marvel Universe line.

spacer.pngspacer.png

I’d also love this version as he was technically on the Avengers roster (before anyone knew he replaced Thor). He’d fit in well with the upcoming Hercules 

love it. It still screams ‘Thor” but is different enough to warrant a new figure.. maybe they could sneak in an unmasked ‘true’ Thor bearded head that fits the 80th body. Still can’t believe we didn’t get that alt head originally 

On 9/23/2021 at 10:32 PM, RyanDaly said:

Personally hoping we get redos of Thor from the first movie and Avengers 1

On 9/23/2021 at 10:55 PM, nWoWolfpack said:

I’m hoping a comic Thor doesn’t take a spot in the Love & Thunder wave, so we can see some new Asgardian characters: Karnilla, Skurge, Warriors Three, Hildegarde, Frigga, Kelda, Idunn

Probably safe to assume we don't get a comic Thor in the wave. Probably Love and Thunder versions of Thor, Jane-as-Thor, Gorr, possibly Valkyrie if she has a new costume, maybe a new Korg or somebody else in the movie, depends if they need a larger BAF for the movie. It's getting a bit ridiculous that they haven't done a comic version of the Executioner yet, considering Enchantress came out five years ago. 

On 9/23/2021 at 11:24 PM, RyanDaly said:

Probably safe to assume we don't get a comic Thor in the wave. Probably Love and Thunder versions of Thor, Jane-as-Thor, Gorr, possibly Valkyrie if she has a new costume, maybe a new Korg or somebody else in the movie, depends if they need a larger BAF for the movie. It's getting a bit ridiculous that they haven't done a comic version of the Executioner yet, considering Enchantress came out five years ago. 

A Comic executioner makes sense they have alot of options for that waves comic spot. Honestly they can have like 3 comic figures in that wave (personal preference; Executioner, Classic Beta Ray Bill, Comic Heimdall) and have the usual exclusives and single releases for more movie figures. 

On 9/23/2021 at 11:52 PM, MRT said:

As others have said, I also want an updated Extremis Iron man

And honestly I feel its the best option, many people from what I have seen around the community would love an update extremis armor. So, I would assume that it should be the next armor for hasbro to get to.

While I would love them to take another crack at the Extremis armor I would love them to redo the Bleeding Edge armor even more. The first one was remarkably well done for the time and I assume it wood be pretty easy to convert by simply upscaling the model to current ML standards.

Aside from IM I think Cap is the more reasonable expectation over Thor. With another Thor movie on the way I think a Thor could be put off until that movie's tie-in wave. However, if this wave follows the construct of the X-Men wave we could possibly see 2 more repeat characters (one of which could be Thor) and only one more new figure. If they did deep like they did with Maggot we could end up with maybe Starfox or Stingray or possibly Quake since there has yet to be a female reveal. Something is leading me to think we might be seeing some New Avengers though so I wouldn't be totally caught by surprise if they did someone like Patriot or Wiccan. What would be really cool is if they did an updated Hulkling as the BAF.

On 9/23/2021 at 11:31 PM, monron999 said:

While I would love them to take another crack at the Extremis armor I would love them to redo the Bleeding Edge armor even more. The first one was remarkably well done for the time and I assume it wood be pretty easy to convert by simply upscaling the model to current ML standards.

Aside from IM I think Cap is the more reasonable expectation over Thor. With another Thor movie on the way I think a Thor could be put off until that movie's tie-in wave. However, if this wave follows the construct of the X-Men wave we could possibly see 2 more repeat characters (one of which could be Thor) and only one more new figure. If they did deep like they did with Maggot we could end up with maybe Starfox or Stingray or possibly Quake since there has yet to be a female reveal. Something is leading me to think we might be seeing some New Avengers though so I wouldn't be totally caught by surprise if they did someone like Patriot or Wiccan. What would be really cool is if they did an updated Hulkling as the BAF.

Starfox would be awesome 

On 9/23/2021 at 6:22 PM, McHogan said:

"...Quicksilver in green ( this one I’m 100% confident gets done)..."

They can keep their green, silver, blue, white or whatever Quicksilver they come up with, if they're not gonna do him correctly, as far as I'm concerned. ALL they had to do last time out was give him white hair and his signature "tufts", and amazingly they blew that. His head was way too big. His hair? Battleship grey, my @$$. Oh, and the excuses! Some on this very forum. 

Ok, rant over. It just reminded me of the baffling unforced errors they make. Arrghhh!!

On 9/23/2021 at 7:00 PM, nWoWolfpack said:

I was peaking the Fwoosh forums and JtPrime is saying that the last ones are Thor, Quicksilver and Madame Hydra (grains of salt). Kindve a bummer about 1 villain, and many people are going to be pressed about not being any classic Avengers villains or heroes

I am doing some double checking on my end, but I can tell you the info I have seen for this wave doesn't totally match up with this.