Rumor Report - New Marvel Legends Comic Based USAgent Coming In 2022

JayC

On 9/25/2021 at 6:49 PM, Ironspider428 said:

I don't think the Shang-Chi trailer with Wong and Abomination came out before the wave did, but a cool SC wave would have been Shang, Wenwu, Xialing, Death Dealer, Razor Fist and Wong, then Abomination BAF, keeping Katy as a Target exclusive. Then to save on costs, they could reuse Wong down the line for the Doctor Strange wave.

That would have been an awesome wave. And I think something like that could happen, cause we could definitely use new Shang Chi and  Wenwu figures and of course the ones they didn't give us. But we'll probably just see new single releases.  

Marvel Studios is now producing four theatrical features a year and at least five Disney+ series per year. I think they will continue to double-up on the D+ series in waves. I wouldn't be surprised if we get characters from HAWKEYE, MS. MARVEL, and SHE-HULK (or else more WHAT IF...?) in a single wave next spring. But the films are deliberately spread out, and they're featuring larger ensembles.

On 9/25/2021 at 1:13 PM, JohnF said:

That would have been an awesome wave. And I think something like that could happen, cause we could definitely use new Shang Chi and  Wenwu figures and of course the ones they didn't give us. But we'll probably just see new single releases.  

I definitely see us getting a 2-pack of Shang and Wenwu, a little more accurate and with the ring effects sometime in the near future. Razor Fist has to be coming. that design is just too cool for Hasbro not to do eventually. Wong and Abomination would make a good deluxe 2-pack, but I'm not sure where that would fit in, maybe the next MCU anniversary line. 

On 9/25/2021 at 1:13 PM, RyanDaly said:

Marvel Studios is now producing four theatrical features a year and at least five Disney+ series per year. I think they will continue to double-up on the D+ series in waves. I wouldn't be surprised if we get characters from HAWKEYE, MS. MARVEL, and SHE-HULK (or else more WHAT IF...?) in a single wave next spring. But the films are deliberately spread out, and they're featuring larger ensembles.

My guess is that the third Disney+ wave will hit beginning of next year and include figures from Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel and What If. Probably just Clint and Kate from Hawkeye and just Ms. Marvel from her show, then the rest will be What If. Moon Knight, Secret Invasion and She-Hulk will probably fill out waves 4 and 5. I do hope they go back and do some more characters from this year's shows though, Agatha and Monica from WV, Falcon, Sharon and Karli from TFATWS and the variants, Rayvonna and B15 from Loki.

On 9/25/2021 at 5:30 AM, Benn said:

"....You’re just not using the term A-list in the same way as everyone else is. It has everything to do with popularity and name recognition, not power level....but power level is not part of the equation....."

Right. This is why I tried to use the analogy of Captain America and Century; Cap's an above top-level human, but still human, whereas Century is vastly superpowered in comparison. Yet most people have never heard of him.

And please, to the Century lovers out there- I am not bashing him. Just stating fact. I'd love figures of the Mystery Men from 2011, but I doubt they'll ever be made 'cause too few people have heard of, or care, about them. 

Finally a figure I want to get - Mme. Hydra. I do not understand why Hasbro must always hit us over the head with the Iron Man's. For someone who is trying to build a collection I do not NEED multiple IM's (or Spidey's of Wolverine's). I suppose they must be ready-sellers.  If Hasbro decides to make a Golden Avenger (they have the Hydra Stomper buck) and a Walt Simonson Thor with his armor, I might consider getting them. In my opinion if it is a 7 character wave with an Avengers-theme BAF, if it is going to be a hero I would love to see either a Giant Man/Goliath/Clint Barton's Giant-Man but if it is a villain - this old buck would love to see a Super Adaptoid or a Man-Ape 

Blue Marvel, Quake and Speedball are all slam dunk purchases for me regardless of version. However, I also hope that Quake comes with at least one alternate head. I already have both the comic and MCU versions of Maria Hill so I'd personally rather it be someone else than her though. I know that Hill is a want for some people though so I'd be fine with her being one of two alternate heads....

I can't really imagine that I'll be interested in the Iron Man, Thor, USAgent or Viper figures though, regardless of what version that they do --- which means they'll almost certainly pull another Armadillo  type thing with the BAF that I feel like I have to have. I know that we don't have all the information, but seriously - couldn't have they waited just a little longer for yet another Iron Man???? Especially if Thor and a Cap look-alike are already in the wave... I haven't even received that Ursa Major Iron Man wave I pre-ordered from BBTS yet with 3 different Iron Mans + Ironheart & Guardsman in it......  (supply chain must be really bad!)

On 9/25/2021 at 1:48 PM, Ironspider428 said:

My guess is that the third Disney+ wave will hit beginning of next year and include figures from Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel and What If. Probably just Clint and Kate from Hawkeye and just Ms. Marvel from her show, then the rest will be What If. Moon Knight, Secret Invasion and She-Hulk will probably fill out waves 4 and 5. I do hope they go back and do some more characters from this year's shows though, Agatha and Monica from WV, Falcon, Sharon and Karli from TFATWS and the variants, Rayvonna and B15 from Loki.

Monica is supposed to show up in THE MARVELS, probably in an upgraded superhero costume, so I would expect her MCU figure in that wave. They're making a second season of LOKI so we could see additional characters from that show in another wave like that. Given her popularity, I'm sure Hasbro is planning an Agatha Harkness figure, it's only a matter of when and where it drops. 

This wave looks great! Hopefully Hasbro will follow up with an Avengers 60th anniversary wave in 2023 that skews a little more classic- 

1st appearance Wasp, Count Nefaria, Mantis, Titania, Starfox, Stingray, Graviton, Moondragon, Swordsman, Sersi, Safari Jacket Wonder Man, 1st appearance Monica Rambeau, Nebula, Jack of Hearts, Fixer, Crystal just to rattle off a few that would be amazing…

On 9/25/2021 at 10:34 AM, JWoodz said:

"....I do not understand why Hasbro must always hit us over the head with the Iron Man's....I do not NEED multiple IM's (or Spidey's of Wolverine's). I suppose they must be ready-sellers..."

For one thing, Iron Man's a top seller, he's also an A-list character, which makes him a cash cow for Hasbro.

For another, he's actually a character that needs multiple versions because he has multiple versions of armor which are very popular to fans. Wolverine, who is wildly popular, really only has 2 iconic looks: yellow/blue and brown/tan. I suppose you could throw in his civilian look, but those are the most popular, most recognized (and you can tell by the way they're having to really dig deep to put him out. Shirtless Wolverine, indeed). Unlike Wolverine though, Iron Man really does have a wide variety of armor sets, and that's not even including the MCU variants. So you can expect the Iron Man figures to continue.

On 9/25/2021 at 8:48 PM, Ironspider428 said:

That's pretty much how I'm imagining the next D+ waves play out as well. I also agree that we should get some more from the shows we've already seen and I think it could even happen in the next D+ wave, perhaps the "fillers" won't be just from What If?..

On 9/25/2021 at 11:21 PM, Atlantis said:

For one thing, Iron Man's a top seller, he's also an A-list character, which makes him a cash cow for Hasbro.

For another, he's actually a character that needs multiple versions because he has multiple versions of armor which are very popular to fans. Wolverine, who is wildly popular, really only has 2 iconic looks: yellow/blue and brown/tan. I suppose you could throw in his civilian look, but those are the most popular, most recognized (and you can tell by the way they're having to really dig deep to put him out. Shirtless Wolverine, indeed). Unlike Wolverine though, Iron Man really does have a wide variety of armor sets, and that's not even including the MCU variants. So you can expect the Iron Man figures to continue.

I'm with you on the Iron Man part. He uses multiple armors, therefore multiple figures. As long as they don't just keep releasing the same versions of him, I'm fine with the Iron Man figures. I've understood as a collector that no matter how much you'd like to see a more "unique" character in plastic, the Iron Mans and the spidermans and characters that are among the most popular will always be part of the main plan, cause they bring in easy money for Hasbro, therefore you have to deal with it. But yeah, Iron Man doesn't only use one armor, he's had multiple looks so it makes more sense.  

Im afraid Thor will be just a simple recycle of the 80th anniversary (for all those who didnt get it) with the extra head (Masked Masterson or Ragnarock as some people say). 

Happy to get a new Viper coz I sold my Ru Paul Viper from Zola Wave, was SO ugly!!

On 9/25/2021 at 4:27 PM, Cyberboy080 said:

"...I would really like that the Iron Man included in this wave is his first appereance armor. We need and upgrade of that armor with modern articulation. "images (69).jpeg

I would guess that any first appearance and/or Golden Avenger Iron Man figures would appear in an Iron Man wave. Having said that, I would've expected Ultron to appear in an Avengers wave, and we saw what happened there. So as I've posted before here, there's almost no way to figure out how these guys plan or think things out. So as long as the figures are accurate and well executed, I'm not gonna get wrapped up in wave content. If fa Iron Man does show, I hope they'll do something cool with the helmet like they did with the TB version.

On 9/24/2021 at 7:07 PM, Psychosomatic said:

Interested to see which version of Thor we will be getting...but I think practically any version of Thor would be a good idea since only the 80th anniversary really knocked it out of the park. Personally I would like to see Ultimates Thor, Herald of Galactus Thor, and War of the Realms Thor (with interchangeable mangled arm, and Destroyer armor arm).  Considering a Thor movie is coming out in 2022 I am sure we will have some great Thor figures coming, and given that Halsab Galactus comes out in 2022, I would guess there is a strong likelihood that Herald Thor might be one of the Heralds that aligns with that release.

War of realms thor with the destroyer arm is my pick for a new comic based Thor then the herald one. I love the look one of my favorites next to his chain-mail look. 

On 9/25/2021 at 2:13 PM, Atlantis said:

Just stating fact. I'd love figures of the Mystery Men from 2011, but I doubt they'll ever be made 'cause too few people have heard of, or care, about them. 

These are the facts I really enjoyed that series would be cool to get Revenant and the operative his eternity mask and really his character reminds me alot of the question (one of my favorite Dc characters.

On 9/25/2021 at 7:41 PM, SUPREME007 said:

"... would be cool to get Revenant and the operative ..."

Its a gem of a series, Mystery Men. The writing, the plot, the arc, and Patrick Zircher's art fit that whole 1930's pulp era to a T. Imagine that team done by Hasbro Legends.

On 9/25/2021 at 12:10 PM, leokearon said:

I'm seeing this being done similarly to Nick Fury with a Quake head, a helmeted head to match the shield agent and another character someone like the Contessa. Naturally she would need interchangeable forearms which they have done already with Omega Sentinel.

I'm fairly certain you're right. I was just doing a bit of "what if" idea storming. I mean why would Hasbro give us four characters in one (5 if you count a standard SHIELD agent head sculpt), when they can just make small changes to one figure and make us buy it four times? In all honesty though, if they did it the 5 in 1 way most of us would buy at least five (or more) figures anyway just to be able to display all options and possibly a lot more if we wanted to army build. Alternately if they did all the characters separately, ideally all of them would at least include a helmeted head sculpt, but I'm past thinking Hasbro might add a little bit of that extra love just to be good to it's loyal fan base. Yet, stranger things have happened in the ML brand. I mean, it all comes at a price, but they have happened.

On 9/26/2021 at 5:53 AM, monron999 said:

I'm fairly certain you're right. I was just doing a bit of "what if" idea storming. I mean why would Hasbro give us four characters in one (5 if you count a standard SHIELD agent head sculpt), when they can just make small changes to one figure and make us buy it four times? In all honesty though, if they did it the 5 in 1 way most of us would buy at least five (or more) figures anyway just to be able to display all options and possibly a lot more if we wanted to army build. Alternately if they did all the characters separately, ideally all of them would at least include a helmeted head sculpt, but I'm past thinking Hasbro might add a little bit of that extra love just to be good to it's loyal fan base. Yet, stranger things have happened in the ML brand. I mean, it all comes at a price, but they have happened.

If they did that, hopefully then either she oesn't come with a BAF part or the BAF part is something like Stillman's legs